Upcoming Nick programming thread part 3

kanc

So I'm guessing new show Barbarian and the Troll will likely premiere in March.. article says "winter".

Ghoster1987

howdy
Hopefully more news on Middlemost Post and another original cartoon greenlit for this year's upfront

SweetShop209

A new Monster High cartoon, as well as a live action movie, are coming out next year. The showrunner for the cartoon is Shea Fontana (known for her work on DC Superhero Girls 2015) while the movie will be written by Jenny Jaffe (Big Hero 6 The Series) and bkth Greg Erb and Jason Oremland (The Princess And The Frog).

Action!

Sorry if this is not the right thread or not but Big Time Rush is coming to Netflix next month.

Ghoster1987

howdy
I'm sorry to be negative but

Lord Almighty! What is up with Nickelodeon these days in the animation department, What are they doing with all these licensed IP's like Star Trek, Big Nate, Garfield, Monster High, Smurfs etc. Like what's next The Archies? Reviving Gumby?, making an animated series based on an IP that no one talks or cares about anymore like Dennis the Menace? (american version)

Like Is Nickelodeon actually going to more original animated series which they are known for and revived in the 90's? Doesn't help that a new Rugrats series is coming and Countless Spongebob spin-offs are in the development

Like Jeez, Once the new president came this is becoming the norm. And it's just heartbreaking to see the Network that brought back creator driven cartoons and their success influenced CN and Disney and other networks/streaming services to do the same becoming a flashback to the state of 80s Saturday Morning cartoons where mostly were creatively bankrupt toy or IP driven shows.

I REALLY hope the 2 upcoming original shows from them Middlemost Post and The Barbarian and The Troll succeed. Because this is getting ridiculous and depressing at the same time

Last edited:

SweetShop209

A Transformers series on Nickelodeon? That's out of the blue. It does have notable people attached to it.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Kogen confirmed the news:

@SweetShop209 It is for Nick US, but Nick UK and Nick Germany have aired Transformers series in the past (Nick Germany still does, as well as series such as Pokemon..). ;)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts