Upcoming Nick Programming Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VG_Addict

How can one company be so out of touch with what viewers want?

Why does it feel like Nickelodeon is allergic to making good decisions?

Mandouga

@Mandouga I think it's because it's been overplayed.

On what, exactly? Last I checked, it's a YouTube video. If it were on a linear channel (like Nickelodeon, where Spongebob is overplayed*), then it would be a problem.

Or, am I missing something? Maybe you were talking about a channel in some other country?...

*Well, not as much as it was before, but it's still overplayed.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

Nickelodeon and SmartStudy will partner to develop a new original animated series based on Baby Shark for global distribution, while Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products (VNCP) will be managing consumer products licensing worldwide, excluding Asia, for the property.
Baby Shark on Nickelodeon?

DIdn't they mean Nick Jr.?

Something seems to be wrong here.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member

Nickelodeon and SmartStudy will partner to develop a new original animated series based on Baby Shark for global distribution, while Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products (VNCP) will be managing consumer products licensing worldwide, excluding Asia, for the property.
Why God why?

But seriously, this is not needed. Isn't Netflix also making a Baby Shark show??

Vaughn Max

Baby Shark!?!!?! Geez Nickelodeon, what's next for a show, Fortnite!?!? Man, I probably shouldn't have said it, but the game IS still trending... and It's not like I want either to become a show. I can't believe we're getting a Baby Shark series... I mean, Nickelodeons main demo is kids, and it's mainly little kids who watch Nickelodeon to begin with, I mean I don't even hear or see kids who are 7 and up watching the network, since by 7, they're usually watching YouTube videos.
I'd actually like a Fortnite series, but Baby Shark is cringey

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

RainbowCupcake

Staff member
I'd actually like a Fortnite series, but Baby Shark is cringey

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
Yeah how in the world has there not been a Fortnite series made yet? If Nick wants to cash in on popular properties, that would definitely be a stellar pick.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
I think it was just a rumor that Netflix was making a Baby Shark show. People thought there'd be one, but just thought it would be on Netflix.

RainbowCupcake

Staff member
I think it was just a rumor that Netflix was making a Baby Shark show. People thought there'd be one, but just thought it would be on Netflix.
You're right. I guess the founder said it was happening but someone else from Pinkfong denied any involvement with Netflix. Very confusing.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nickelodeon today announced the cast and plot of the Are You Afraid of the Dark? revival.

Through three hour-long episodes, the series introduces an entirely new Midnight Society group of kids who tell a terrifying tale about the Carnival of Doom, only to have the events of the story come to life. Production on the new Are You Afraid of the Dark? will commence this month in Vancouver, Canada.

The new members of the Midnight Society are: Gavin, played by Sam Ashe Arnold (Best.Worst.Weekend.Ever.); Akiko, played by Miya Cech (Rim of the World, Always Be My Maybe); Louise, played by Tamara Smart (Artemis Fowl, The Worst Witch); Graham, played by Jeremy Taylor (It, Goosebumps 2:Haunted Halloween); and Rachel, played by Lyliana Wray (Top Gun: Maverick, Black-ish). The Carnival of Doom’s ringmaster, Mr. Tophat, is played by Rafael Casal (Blindspotting).

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
From TheWrap (talking about Nick's All That revival):

"As for any further reboots, perhaps a new Doug or Hey Arnold!, [Brian] Robbins says never say never. 'I think you’ll see some of that, and I think you’ll see a lot of new stuff. Hopefully, it’s the right mix.'”

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nickelodeon and Imagine Kids+Family are developing a new original live-action space series.

'Untitled Space Show centers around a group of kids who mistakenly launch into space.

In Untitled Space Show, an almost-finished spaceship is about to launch into space with the world’s leading scientists to investigate a mysterious asteroid passing by earth. After a dare gone wrong, a group of kids accidentally launch the ship, putting them in the path of an asteroid. Without any proper training, they embark on a journey of survival using their smarts and friendship as their tools, as their parents watch from back on earth and attempt to guide them to safety.'

Ron Howard will serve as an executive producer on the scripted series.

The series sounds a lot like Space Cases.

Last edited:

ToonsJazzLover

Well, it looks original and doesn't sounds too similar to a Disney sitcom. Glad to see that Nick is still thriving on original ideas. I'm especially more interested in original Nicktoons, assuming most of their upcoming animation lineup come from the Intergalactic Shorts Program. It's going to be interesting to see the future of Nick's sitcoms without Schneider.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Nickelodeon and Imagine Kids+Family are developing a new original live-action space series.

'Untitled Space Show centers around a group of kids who mistakenly launch into space.

In Untitled Space Show, an almost-finished spaceship is about to launch into space with the world’s leading scientists to investigate a mysterious asteroid passing by earth. After a dare gone wrong, a group of kids accidentally launch the ship, putting them in the path of an asteroid. Without any proper training, they embark on a journey of survival using their smarts and friendship as their tools, as their parents watch from back on earth and attempt to guide them to safety.'

Ron Howard will serve as an executive producer on the scripted series.

The series sounds a lot like Space Cases.
"Imagine", as in Imagine Entertainment, you say? Ah, yes. The production company famous for...

...and infamous for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts