Untitled Spider-Women Sony Animated Movie in Development

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,195 6
A Valid Location
Via the Hollywood Reporter, Sony Pictures Animation is already working on a spin-off to the upcoming Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse animated feature, which will focus on female heroes in the Spider-Man universe of characters. There are not too many details available yet; the thread will be updated as more info is released.

At the same time Lauren Montgomery, who also worked on Voltron and co-directed animated movies Batman: Year One and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse for DC, is in negotiations to helm an untitled Spider-centric project that will gather the female heroes in the Spider-Man universe of characters in one adventure. Bek Smith, who wrote episodes of CBS show Zoo, will pen the script.
Amy Pascal, who is a producer on Spider-Verse as well as the live-action movies, will be back in the producer’s chair for these projects. Phil Lord and Chris Miller, the brainiacs behind Spider-Verse, are expected to be creatively involved, although no deals have been made. Avi Arad and Christina Steinberg are also expected to return in some capacity.
For the all-female spinoff, no plot details are sticking on the web at this time but look for the project to center on fan-favorite Spider-Gwen. Spider-Woman, Madame Web, Spider-Girl and Silk are other possible contenders.
Comments?

Related discussions:
"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" Sequel Announced

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,717 47
Sherman Oaks CA
I'll be honest, I think this probably has a better shot of working out then a Silk, Jackpot, or Black Cat/Silver Sable solo movies :p.

It's nice to see Lauren Montgomery headling a feature film, and her first Marvel work to boot :).

I'm curious what the roster for this might look like. Gwen's obviously going to be in it, and I'd guess they'll probably have at least one Spider-Girl or another Spider-Woman in it (although it's any one's guesses which ones they'll use). I hope Mary Jane gets to play a major role in the film, powers or now powers :cool:.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,825 9
She did some storyboards for the Ultimate Avengers movies, as well as select episodes of Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, though this will be the first Marvel project she's majorly involved in.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,717 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Three generations of Spider Women sound cool. Possibly Gwen,Jessica,and Cindy like the mini comic. Than again could also have Peni,Mayday,MJ, Anya, or any other spider female characters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think if this is going to feature spider-women from across the Multiverse, to fit with the Spider-Verse theme, then it's the perfect opportunity to finally feature a Spider-Girl that's Peter Parker's daughter :cool:.

Mar 13, 2011
Ratings
470 1
Union, NJ
I think if this is going to feature spider-women from across the Multiverse, to fit with the Spider-Verse theme, then it's the perfect opportunity to finally feature a Spider-Girl that's Peter Parker's daughter :cool:.
Maybe it be they could do a three generations thing with Spider Ma'am, Spinneret, and Spider Girl? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk