Untitled "Men in Black" spinoff News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
Sony made it official today that Men in Black is coming back with a spinoff movie in 2019. It won't be the crossover with the Jump Street series, but it's own thing that expands on the original trilogy of movies and is not a remake.
Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones aren’t expected to reprise, but the film acknowledges and builds on the world they inhabited. Holloway & Marcum have scripted a contemporary sci-fi pic about the black-clad secret force that protects earth from the alien scum of the universe, focusing on new characters chasing villains that put the picture on more of a global scale than the two previous films. The ambition is akin to the way that Jurassic World rebooted and expanded that franchise. The MiB spinoff film is being produced by Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald and executive produced by Steven Spielberg. They are actively involved in meeting with top directors right now and expect to land one quickly.
I'm not sure there is a demand for another MiB movie, but I guess distancing yourself from the original to a degree and still tying to it could work. All this is making me think about though is that we should have an X-Com production of some sort going on. Either an episodic series or a movie, but it would be a doable project.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, those are some pros - still set in the movie universe and it won't be that 21 Jump Street crossover. The global aspect is somewhat interesting. One would expect there to be other branches or even different agencies...

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I know it's been several years since I watched Star Trek: Deep Space 9, but...I'm trying to remember the names of the 2 major alien races at the start of the series...and I'm pretty sure they're not the Kardashians and the Bjorkians.
Happy 30th Anniversary to Nintendo Game Boy!
From what I heard, Lincoln Loud and the Ninja Turtles were supposed to appear during this year's KCA, but their scenes were cut for time. If anyone somehow has those clips, please post them for all of us to see. Oh, and Happy Easter!
Happy Easter! Hope everyone has a lovely (warm) spring day with their families.