Untitled "All-Female Hero Team" TV Series News & Discussion

Frontier

Staff member
Allan Heinberg is working on an all-female team of heroes show for ABC featuring 'lesser known characters'.
I kinda feel like this would be a natural development of the Netflix heroes, but I guess more spotlight for Marvel's other female heroes is always a good thing :).

I'm curious what they mean by "lesser known characters" and who they could focus on who's not currently in something while still being at least a bit of a "name." Like, ladies from the New Warriors? Dusk from the Slingers? Maybe they'll really go super-obscure with this :p.

I wonder what title they'll use for this..."A-Force" might be on-hold, so maybe Lady Liberators ;)?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I kinda feel like this would be a natural development of the Netflix heroes, but I guess more spotlight for Marvel's other female heroes is always a good thing :).
It did make me wonder if this is related to that report of a 'Jessica Jones-esque' show.

I'm curious what they mean by "lesser known characters" and who they could focus on who's not currently in something while still being at least a bit of a "name." Like, ladies from the New Warriors? Dusk from the Slingers? Maybe they'll really go super-obscure with this :p.
The cynic in me read 'lesser known characters' as 'whoever the movies aren't working on' but

I wonder what title they'll use for this..."A-Force" might be on-hold, so maybe Lady Liberators ;)?
Or Fearless Defenders. ;)

As for possible members, I'm thinking of She-Hulk, Singularity, Thundra, maybe Jazinda or Lyja if Skrulls are clear to use, Elsa Bloodstone, probably not Clea...

Frontier

Staff member
As for possible members, I'm thinking of She-Hulk, Singularity, Thundra, maybe Jazinda or Lyja if Skrulls are clear to use, Elsa Bloodstone, probably not Clea...
She-Hulk is probably the biggest female Avenger they haven't used in the movies yet (I blame the Hulk rights), but she would probably be a pretty big name to get for this :).

Not sure if they could pull her off on a TV budget though :sweat:.

Elsa is a likely choice though ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Or they could bring back Mockingbird/Bobbi since she's not on AOS anymore.

She-Hulk is probably the biggest female Avenger they haven't used in the movies yet (I blame the Hulk rights), but she would probably be a pretty big name to get for this :).

Not sure if they could pull her off on a TV budget though :sweat:.
2 good but annoying points. :p

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
When I first read this, She Hulk was my first thought as well. Jen was always one of my fave Marvel heroines, and I've liked her more than her cousin at times, so I do always wish she'd get adapted property one day. I think it could be done but that's just me.

If they are picking lesser known heroines, I hope they do pick characters that can win over the audience easily. We still haven't had a proper Marvel superhero series since they've been doing the shows on ABC and it would be cool to see one done. I also wouldn't mind seeing any of the ones already used in any of the previous shows used here if they figured out a way to incorporate them. I really do hope this thing gets done. When it comes to live-action television, we probably only see about half of the shows that get pitched actually make it to the screen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Adreinne Palicki's busy on The Orville though.
This untitled show is still in development. The process of getting to principal production if it's even greenlit will take a lot of time. By then Palicki could be free or they work out a schedule if she likes the pitch that much.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
This untitled show is still in development. The process of getting to principal production if it's even greenlit will take a lot of time. By then Palicki could be free or they work out a schedule if she likes the pitch that much.
Maybe to guest star, but Palicki's the second lead on The Orville. She would never have the time to commit to be a full fledged team member while that show is going on.

And honestly? I don't mind. I love The Orville.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That's disappointing to say the least. Can't help but remember that report that Marvel TV has been allegedly banned from shopping projects around. Regardless, they can't keep renewing AOS for long. Has ABC gotten really picky for some reason with Marvel projects?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think that maybe Paramount plans on having their removed shows put on some other streaming service like Netflix.
The good thing for Big Nate is that it's a successful daily comic strip first, and a book series, so Paramount's horribleness still doesn't mean people can't enjoy it in other forms.
Happy 9th Anniversary, Harvey Beaks.
Unpopular opinion: I really hope The Animation Guild does goes on strike soon. I'm so tired of seeing the animation industry getting screwed over by greedy companies for far too long.

I don't care what anybody says, it's time for the union to fight back.
Happy Good Friday!

Featured Posts