Unpopular spongebob opinion

HarlinSchmoo

I think this show is dying a slow, painful death. I honestly think the show should have ended in about '04, when the movie came out. The episodes now are just focused on Spongebob being extremely annoying, not loveably like in the beginning, now you feel like choking the little freak!

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
.... Uh, I don't see that being an UNPOPULAR Spongebob Opinion. I think pretty much most people here think the show has decreased quality since season 4 started and last great success was the movie and a lot of those feel that they are sucking Spongebob dry and shouldn't be making new episodes. And of course there are defintley those who think he's gotten so annoying compared to more loveable back in the older episodes and... don't know if we'd go far as to say we'd choke him (then again what does it say about you when you want to go around choking animated characters anyway?) but most are still annoyed with his actions. I mean in truth I can't really even sit through most new epiosdes anymore (and I even really enjoyed some of the season four/five episodes) so it's far from an unpopular opinion. Still aren't there already topics like this talking about Spongebob's decreased popularity? What's teh difference between those and this one besides this one starting out more violent then others?

speedy fast

I never cared much for Spongebob. Mayeb a little at first, but lost interest fast. It's so annoying.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
I think this show is dying a slow, painful death. I honestly think the show should have ended in about '04, when the movie came out. The episodes now are just focused on Spongebob being extremely annoying, not loveably like in the beginning, now you feel like choking the little freak!
...How is that an unpopular opinion? :confused: If you were talking to a bunch of grade-schoolers it could be, but with the TZ community...that's a pretty POPULAR opinion. :sweat:

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
^ Yeah. An unpopular (or uncommon, at least) opinion of SpongeBob around here is "It's as good as ever!"

Plo_Koon

Support Our Planet
I dont want more spongebob. The show was cool when the first two episodes came out. They shouldent make spongebob and Patric so stupid. Also Spuidward is to mean.

Pomegranate

I never much cared for Spongebob and largely ignore it.

Me either! The show isn't as funny as tries to be, the characters were very annoying and the animation was way too dreadful to look at. I really have no idea what draws people, esp. adults, to this show, as it was made with a very young demo in mind.:shrug:

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Ozone Shakespeare said:
The show isn't as funny as tries to be,
Gene Siskel used to say that two things can't be debated: Erotica and humor. If you don't find something sexy or funny, there's nothing I can do to change your mind. But let's just say that, when it comes to the first three seasons, I couldn't disagree more.
the characters were very annoying
They're supposed to be. SpongeBob can't exactly drive Squidward up the wall if he isn't annoying. The question is, are the annoying tendencies funny and well-executed? In most cases, I'd say yes.
and the animation was way too dreadful to look at.
So you think the squash and stretch, strong poses and unique facial expressions, and fairly smooth inbetweens is dreadful? I'm curious to what you think has GOOD animation.

.bg

How would one go about choking SpongeBob anyway? Wouldn't the worst you could do be wringing him out?

Marvin Tikvah

While I agree that the overall quality of Spongebob has fallen, I don't think all of season 4 and onwards is absolutely terrible. Some of the recent episodes have actually been watchable, and the old style of writing is present in certain episodes. I personally enjoyed the episode where Plankton dates Mama Krabs, especially the gag at the end where the robot steals her from him.

DarthGonzo

Fourteen Years!
While I agree that the overall quality of Spongebob has fallen, I don't think all of season 4 and onwards is absolutely terrible. Some of the recent episodes have actually been watchable, and the old style of writing is present in certain episodes. I personally enjoyed the episode where Plankton dates Mama Krabs, especially the gag at the end where the robot steals her from him.

I completely agree with this. Spongebob Squarepants may not be anywhere near as good as it used to be in the first three seasons, but if you were to go by what people here say about it, you'd think everything that has aired since 2005 has been unwatchable trash. Truth is, it's not. There have been a few stinkers, but there have also been quite a few highly entertaining episodes and few that are just as good as anything in the first three seasons.

Then again, I think a lot of the people who down on the show never really liked it in the first place, and use the declining overall quality of the show as an excuse to trash it. It's just a fun little mindless show. But judging by the way people trash stuff like Spongebob and The Mighty B I guess being fun and mindless is some sort of crime.

Gokou Ruri

Wielder of the dark arts.
I find season 1 pretty bland to be honest, and mostly unfunny. Season 2 and 3 pretty much have all good episodes and are the peak of the series. Season 4 is more or less bland/bad. Episodes form season 5 and beyond are basically hit or miss.

CCFridays

It just feels different watching the newer Spongebob episodes...
I mean, every now and then there will be a pretty good episode.
I think the last episode I remember watching that had that older Spongebob feel to it was the one where they made some video about how to drive and Squidward wrecks into a wall going to a scene where a crash dummy is wrecking and it replaces the dummy's head with Squidward's. :p

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts