Unpopular Opinions

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Futurama had a good run on Fox. Granted, yes, the network did scheduling issues with it, but do you know how many shows would kill for a 4 season, 70 episode run? It also handled a good deal of subject matter and character development over those episodes, and the crew should be mighty proud of what they accomplished there. Even moreso with them getting to continue it via DTVs and a couple of years on Comedy Central, even though I'm less enthused about those episodes.

I feel the same about Brooklyn Nine-Nine's original Fox run. Five seasons and over 100 episodes is pretty darn good. Although I'll admit that I can't stand that show for the life of me, so it made no difference to see it continue or end.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite Brosnan movie, but I did enjoy TND. On the subject, I actually liked Die Another Day, Moonraker, and View to Kill. Yes, they're dumb, stupid movies, but...they're fun. Only Bond movies I legitimately didn't like were For Your Eyes Only, which was boring, and Spectre, which was an embarrassing mess.
Do you like Spectre less than Quantum of Solace? I agree that the former is a bit of a mess, but I thought the latter was a good deal more boring and convoluted. Not to mention how Spectre actually had something like an ending.

Nobodyman

Do you like Spectre less than Quantum of Solace? I agree that the former is a bit of a mess, but I thought the latter was a good deal more boring and convoluted. Not to mention how Spectre actually had something like an ending.
Quantum of Solace was okay. Spectre just left me feeling really disappointed, which I didn't really get with QoS. Maybe it's because I went into QoS not expecting too much and because I give it a bit of a pass due to the writers strike.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
It's only 5 episodes in so far and The Owl House is right up there with Amphibia (br iij png on season 2 of that for sure!) for me in the most obvious way: just one more show from Disney animated TV I prefer over Star Vs., honestly.

SweetShop209

While I like Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, I think David Rudman is the better performer for him. I mean, when he took over , he became more of a cultural icon. Speaking of David Rudman, even though Baby Bear is the first major character he did for the series (having joined Sesame Street in the 1980s), I associate him more with Cookie Monster.

Pooky

Staff member
I quite liked 2017's The Mummy and thought the Dark Universe was kind of a fun idea.

khuddle

How in the world did Tom Holland become such a famous and successful actor? I think he has all the charisma of a bar of soap.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I don't hate Teen Titans Go, but I don't like Steven Universe.

Despite some of their obvious flaws, I find all the following CN fare, in at least one area or another, to be better than SU - whether it's characters, artstyle/backgrounds, concept &, execution of ideas, character development/storytelling in general, or just knowing how to make me laugh / scratch my itch for action:

Regular Show
Craig of the Creek
Mao Mao: HPH
Adventure Time
Clarence
We Bare Bears
Gumball
OK K.O.!
Unikitty!
Over The Garden Wall
Infinity Train
Yes, even Mighty Magiswords & Summer Camp Island.

Don't feel too bad, m'kay? Not everything that's popular is gonna hook you. I learned THAT the hard way with SU, myself.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
House MD was an unfathomably bad television program. The lead character was contemptible and the writers were always asking us to forgive and love unforgivable behavior. Worse still, the character's misanthropy and cynicism is portrayed as correct and wise. It was before the MeToo era, but the show's brand of masculine toxicity was exactly as problematic as Rick and Morty, but it came first, and doesn't get the proper blame for how much it sucks. It was Patient Zero for that kind of mindset on a TV show.

TheCartoonRailfan

Where's my senior discount?
In my opinion, Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life were a million times better than SpongeBob SquarePants. Ren and Stimpy felt more original than SpongeBob with the gross-out humor, while Rocko's Modern Life had more relatable moments and satirical humor. SpongeBob SquarePants would be a copy of the other two shows.

khuddle

I love Star Trek TOS and its successors (eg. Star Trek 09 reboot, Star Trek Discovery),
yet I utterly hate anything Star Trek Next Generation (eg. Star Trek Picard).

BigFatHairyDeal

Defender of the Universe
House MD was an unfathomably bad television program. The lead character was contemptible and the writers were always asking us to forgive and love unforgivable behavior. Worse still, the character's misanthropy and cynicism is portrayed as correct and wise. It was before the MeToo era, but the show's brand of masculine toxicity was exactly as problematic as Rick and Morty, but it came first, and doesn't get the proper blame for how much it sucks. It was Patient Zero for that kind of mindset on a TV show.

And as every physician I know who's watched the show has said, it's portrayal of the practice of medicine is just as ridiculous as every part of the premise of the show.

Maybe it's Bryan Singer's ways of asking the public to be forgiving of his shortcomings (OK, I kid...).

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
Amphibia’s season 1 finale, Reunion, was boring. It moved pretty slowly, and the climax did not interest me.

Speaking of which, I can’t stand Lean On Me, I like its message, but I cannot stand the piano in it (that and the violin are my least favorite instruments).

Garfield’s design in the early 80’s was his weakest. Not bad, but doesn’t have the charm of the 1978, 1979, and especially his 2000 design (which is my personal favorite).

Garfield and Friends has some of the most annoying music I’ve heard in a TV show. The only bit I really liked was the Season 7 rap theme.

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Garfield’s design in the early 80’s was his weakest. Not bad, but doesn’t have the charm of the 1978, 1979, and especially his 2000 design (which is my personal favorite).

I actually like the early 80s (particularly c. 1982) the most, but to each their own.

Garfield and Friends has some of the most annoying music I’ve heard in a TV show. The only bit I really liked was the Season 7 rap theme.

Now that's an unpopular opinion, at least among Garfield fans.

(I'm assuming you're talking about the opening themes)

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
I actually like the early 80s (particularly c. 1982) the most, but to each their own.

Now that's an unpopular opinion, at least among Garfield fans.

(I'm assuming you're talking about the opening themes)
Thanks. To me, Garfield’s absolute weakest design is from Here Comes Garfield, a special that’s pretty boring in my eyes.

I am. Even as a 8 year old, I just did not like the themes at all. I’d go as far to call them some of my least favorite theme songs ever, only beaten by The Mighty B!, Total Drama, The Loud House, Caillou, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner’s A Monkey, Thomas and Friends (seasons 8 to present), and Little Einsteins.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts