Unpopular Opinions

Light Lucario

Staff member
Did many people dislike New Island, though? I think it got pretty good reviews overall. Now if you said that Yoshi's Story was your favorite game in the series, that would really be an unpopular opinion.

I love Yoshi's Story. I used to play that all the time on the Nintendo 64. I think that I only rented it from Blockbusters, if only because I don't remember buying one myself or getting one as a gift, but it was so fun and cute. Diddy Kong Racing was my first video game, but I think I was really into Yoshi's Story more considering how often I replayed it. I don't think it's my favorite Yoshi game, but it was a lot of fun and it has some nice nostalgic value for me as well.

Classic Speedy said:
(wondering if we should have a separate thread in the video game forum just for unpopular video game opinions...)

It might be worthwhile to try it out, although I honestly don't know how many users here play video games either.

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
I love threads of this variety, they are a lovely place to vent.

Marc Webb's the Amazing Spider-Man movies are better than Homecoming, and I like Peter Parker in those two movies for the most part.

Far From Home is a really fun, albeit average movie.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off - I hated, hated, hated, HATED this movie! Nothing but a self-indulgent asinine teenage fantasy. The only good thing I can say about it is that there were a few funny jokes (and the Ferris Beuller fan theory, which, if true, would actually be kinda cool).

Attack on Titan - Overrated as hell. All style no substance.

Naruto - The series is pretty good before the timeskip, but once it crosses that threshold it becomes a dull, uninspired, tedious, melodramatic mess. Although I'm not sure how unpopular this opinion is.
I don't hate Ferris Bueller's Day Off as much as you do, but you do hit the points of why I'm not a fan of the movie.

I don't think Naruto loses its glamour immediately after the time skip, 1.5 arc into it before it sours to unenjoyable and difficult to watch territory.

I almost completely agree on Attack on Titan, it's terrible.

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I thought Voltron fight scenes are alright, they were well animated sure but they were also kinda unmemorable. When I think of my favorite fight scenes in animated series I almost remember everything but for Voltron I only remember Shiro vs Keith and the episode where they play DND

Zorak Masaki

Firestarter and Cat's Eye are seen as two of the lesser Stephen King-based films, but I still enjoy them. Firestarter has good performances from George C Scott and Drew Barrymore, and Cat's Eye is a fun anthology with good stories (also love the cameos by Cujo and Christine in the opening).

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Warner Bros Animation in recent times has been highly overhated. I get they aren’t what they used to and virtually all their shows are based on pre existing IP’s some of them being controversial like TTG and TCR, but at least half of their output is worthwhile. Also unlike CN they still have a bigger variety in styles. In fact I’m more excited for Jellystone than any other upcoming show.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
CN Studios is the worst of the big three TV animation studios simply due to the lack of variety in animation styles, while Nick is the worst of the big three kids TV channels due to screwing over any show that doesn't get immediate ratings. They both have terrible schedules, but I believe Nick is worse. (Disney is the best in all three departments.)

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
CN Studios is the worst of the big three TV animation studios simply due to the lack of variety in animation styles, while Nick is the worst of the big three kids TV channels due to screwing over any show that doesn't get immediate ratings. They both have terrible schedules, but I believe Nick is worse. (Disney is the best in all three departments.)

Soldier, please. I wouldn't disagree with this at all. In fact, I wouldn't even call this unpopular opinion, because Disney > CN > Nick, or better yet, Disney >>> CN = Nick sounds pretty accurate at the moment as a popular opinion.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Soldier, please. I wouldn't disagree with this at all. In fact, I wouldn't even call this unpopular opinion, because Disney > CN > Nick, or better yet, Disney >>> CN = Nick sounds pretty accurate at the moment as a popular opinion.
Yes, but the studio thing is unpopular, I suppose.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Warner Bros Animation in recent times has been highly overhated. I get they aren’t what they used to and virtually all their shows are based on pre existing IP’s some of them being controversial like TTG and TCR, but at least half of their output is worthwhile. Also unlike CN they still have a bigger variety in styles. In fact I’m more excited for Jellystone than any other upcoming show.

I feel like everyone but me loves Warner Bros. I find none of their current output worthwhile except maybe Young Justice Outsiders.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A202F met Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Green Lantern is NOT a bad movie. Especially when you compare it to Man Of Steel, Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman, and Justice League. It's actual problem is identical to the animated Justice League's first season: It's not actually great. The producers rushed it out because they thought it was Good Enough, when we deserved a great movie. But as a film, it doesn't anger me the way Man of Steel and the other Zack Snyder stuff does.

BigFatHairyDeal

Defender of the Universe
I wouldn't call Green Lantern a "good" movie, but I think it gets far too much hate.

I think of all modern superhero films, it is most similar to Doctor Strange (and vice-versa). My mind has a hard time processing how one of those movies has a 90 or something on Rotten Tomatoes, while the other is in the 20s. There are a lot of parallels you can make between the two movies, from the insecurity of the leads, the roles of the love interests, the Ancient/Guardians, the mentors gone rogue (Sinestro/Mordo), even though boring super-powered final villains. Don't get me wrong, Doctor Strange is a better movie, Green Lantern has worse flaws, and of course Green Lantern has the hideous CGI, but in theory the charms of Doctor Strange are similar to the strongest features of Green Lantern.

On the flip side, you could argue that the similarities are perhaps mostly superficial, and the devil is in the details, but overall I think Green Lantern was spared no leniency in the reviews in the way some of the MCU movies seem to get generously praised.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
OK..... This is a bit messed, coming from the guy who doesn't like anime (98% of it) in general, however - if I were to tell you 2 I currently am proud to keep up with after their first seasons showing me how to do things right - as in Seis Manos and/or Kipo & The Age of the Wonderbeasts... Yeah. THAT - whatever these 2 shows are doing... is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in my anime (from Japan or not), thank you very much. I don't think it's unpopular opinion to like those shows (at all - they're good and deserve the love they get, if you asked me immediately.), but there you go. When I think anime worth checking out - I'm thinking Seis Manos and/or Kipo & The Age of the Wonderbeasts, in terms of brutal and effective honesty from I, your Imperial Rig Shokew.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
ToeJam and Earl 3: Mission to Earth is actually my favorite TJ&E game. Most fans say the first game is the best, and while I do enjoy it from a nostalgic standpoint, some aspects haven't aged well, like the choppy framerate and how slow the characters move. No such problems in the XBox sequel. Plus, this was a series made for 3D movement, so it transitioned seamlessly.

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
The “meanness” in CatDog >>>>>> “the meanness” in Rocko’s Modern Life.

At least in CatDog, I actually like the one who’s getting the short end of the stick.

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
Everyone on this forum seems to agree.
You mean in CatDog having better characters and being better at being mean than Rocko’s Modern Life?

I posted this cause I’ve seen people call CatDog “mean-spirited”, But I found Rocko’s meanness far worse. I get that it’s supposed to be like that, but it’s exucuted poorly.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I misunderstood. When I see >>>>, I think "far greater than", but you meant "far better than".

I personally find both cartoons too mean and unlikable.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts