Latest News & Videos

Vaughn Max

Sep 10, 2017
Here's some of my unpopular opinions

Fairly OddParents Season 10 is good

Sanjay and Craig is good

All of CNs reboots are good

Uncle Grandpa is good

I think Alvin and the Chipmunks is one of the shows that saved Nick along with The Loud House

Kid Danger is one of the best shows ever made and it should go on for as long as SpongeBob or Fairly OddParents

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
May 13, 2003
I don't know if this is an "unpopular" opinion among the general public, but I easily prefer "Goodfellas" over "The Godfather". Yet the latter always seems to make it higher on the "best movies" lists.

One of my favorite Kubrick films was NOT one of his most famous ones like "2001", "The Shining" and "A Clockwork Orange", but "Paths of Glory" from 1957.

Similarly, I think that Miraculous Ladybug is extremely overrated. It looks beautiful and the CGI animation for a TV series is impressive, but it is again all style, no substance. While that does seem to be a common issue for me with some shows, that can work if the style is impressive enough, but even then, I usually need some amount of substance to keep up with a show. I find the whole will they/won't they love drama between Marinette and Adrien, the reason why they can't learn their secret identities didn't make sense, the villain is pretty lame, the monster of the week format gets pretty stale after awhile and Chloe was beyond insufferable. I still remember when there was so much hype for the series and it still seems to be doing well considering that they recently announced getting episode orders for seasons four and five when they're still in the middle of season two.

Granted, this is just going by season one. I don't know if season two improves upon the first one. Doing something against the formula would help, especially when some of the better episodes/moments involved Marinette and Adrien actually interacting with each other. Plus, binge watching the series might work better than waiting every week due to how formulaic the series can be, but I don't have much interest in checking it out anytime soon.
I'm in the same boat. I initially liked the series, until I started binge watching the first season. The formula (random person has a hardship, villain makes them evil from afar, Ladybug and Cat Noir de-evilize them) really started to wear on me when I watched multiple episodes in a row.

I do still like the animation and direction, but I'm not really interested in seeing any more of it, especially not if it sticks with the same formula.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Radiant97

We hope that you choke.
Feb 3, 2018
The Darkest Timeline
Honestly, I can't stand The Big Bang Theory. I get why the sitcom is popular but to be fair, I don't really find it funny.
I hate MTV. It's a terrible channel that's filled with low budget reality shows with some the most obnoxious reality stars out there (I'm talking to you, Jersey Shore and Ridiculousness). I may even consider it the worst American cable network on the air right now.
here is my opinion:

Nick at Nite: I think this network is so overrated, due to new acquisitions moved to late night slots that never lasted longer at least a year, had been pulled off for unknown reasons. This block has been on autopilot for years. Same repeated shows taking up more space like Friends and George Lopez. And also ridiculous off the clock at least more than 35 minutes length (not all of it, but most or some). Considered it was making money for putting more commercials.. Since N@N has been worse, I might bet (not likely) N@N might be shutting down operations...
I don't think these are unpopular tbh, especially regarding The Big Bang Theory. It's kinda like network TV's Teen Titans Go! in the sense that there's a big disconnect between the show's success and its sizable hatedom.

Dr.Pepper

Sep 10, 2006
In A House
More from me:
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000): I genuinely love this film. I don’t get the hate.

Cat in the Hat: I find it to be pretty darn hilarious when you view it as a parody instead of a faithful adaptation.

Rango: why does everybody love this movie?

Superheroes in general: Pretty much unless it’s something like Big Hero Six or the Incredibles, I just cannot get into it. One notable exception is Spider-Man from 2002. Superhero movies with fantasy elements like Thor or Wonder Woman are better to me.

Deadpool: am I the only one who thinks this character is super unappealing? I haven’t seen the movies but the ads make me gag.

The Muppets: am I the only person who isn’t in love with The Muppets? I don’t hate them, but I would never say to myself “hmmm, I’m bored. I know! I’ll watch Muppet Treasure Island!”

I don't think these are unpopular tbh, especially regarding The Big Bang Theory. It's kinda like network TV's Teen Titans Go! in the sense that there's a big disconnect between the show's success and its sizable hatedom.
Really? I haven’t noticed that much hate.

Radiant97

We hope that you choke.
Feb 3, 2018
The Darkest Timeline
Really? I haven’t noticed that much hate.
The amount of memes ridiculing it leads me to believe so, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, more unpopular opinions from me:

Gurren Lagann - This anime started off really well but it lost its way after the Anti-Spiral was introduced. It tried so hard to have a deeper meaning but the execution makes it come off pretentious and heavy-handed

Pop Team Epic - It can be pretty funny at times but I don't get how it could possibly attain the following that it has. It's not that special.

Nickelodeon - Definitely the worst kids network out of The Big Three, both in their programs and their questionable business ethics. It only has three cartoons running and a slew of live-action crap that I really don't care for. They're also too hellbent on following the money to the point where they sacrifice the integrity of the network.

The Loud House - I actually enjoyed this show quite a bit during season 1, but then came season 2 where the episodes started getting more formulaic and predictable. I don't know if they've rectified that issue in recent episodes but frankly I've lost all interest to catch up.

Looney Tunes - This isn't an opinion that I still hold today but as a kid, I found Looney Tunes pretty boring. I was more of a Tom and Jerry kid.

Thundercats (1985) - I can't believe I used to obsess over this show. It was cheesy as hell. I much prefer the 2011 reboot.

Tom and Jerry -The Gene Deitch era shorts weren't that bad. I see why people might dislike them but I think there's a certain charm to them.

South Park - I just could never get into the show. Social commentary is fine and dandy, but I'm not fond of the way they handle it. Way too preachy. The humor doesn't do it for me either.

Last edited:

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
I've always liked Tiny Toon Adventures more than Animanaics. I like pretty much every character in that show, whereas Animaniacs has characters I don't like (The Goodfeathers, Mindy & Buttons). I just end up skipping through the parts I don't like. And on the topic of Animaniacs, I never really had a problem with the Katie Kaboom segments, and I like and Rita and Runt segments.

I think that New Looney Tunes is a good modernization of the classic theatrical Looney Tunes shorts. The only problem was the mainly used Bugs which they fixed in the second season. Now if Boomerang would actually release season two.

Reactions: MegasMilo379

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
South Park - I just could never get into the show. Social commentary is fine and dandy, but I'm not fond of the way they handle it. The humor doesn't do it for me either.
Another unpopular opinion of mine. I understand why people like it and being popular but it's a bit too much for me.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Yeah, I hate South Park too. Preachy as hell, which I might not mind if its morality wasn't so questionable. The recent seasons have also eschewed humor for lame parodies of cop shows and disaster movies. Plus Trey Parker's screechy screaming is really hard to take after awhile.
Cat in the Hat: I find it to be pretty darn hilarious when you view it as a parody instead of a faithful adaptation.
Even if that were true, it's a terrible movie simply because the Cat keeps making dirty sex puns in front of the little kids while literally winking at the camera. I'm surprised he didn't arrive at the house by way of a nondescript van.

For the record, Mike Myers deserved to have his career killed because of this (and he did). This is his worst performance (which is a statement).

Reactions: 1 person

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
For the record, Mike Myers deserved to have his career killed because of this (and he did). This is his worst performance (which is a statement).
No, he didn't. He only did the film for contractural reasons with Universal as the studio threatened to sue him over his decision to cancel the planned Sprockets film adaptation as he was unimpressed with his own screenplay and thus was settled out of court.

The Love Guru is what derailed his career, not The Cat in the Hat.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

CNReactionGuy18

Don't spoil it! Or I spoil my juice.
Jun 23, 2018
United States
Alright I will admit this.
(Don't send hate.)

Teen Titans Go! — I know everyone hate this reboot but am I the only one to find this show creative (yes sometimes they made fun of conturies like the UK) but this show was hilarious.

Ed Edd Eddy — I actually quite enjoyed the show. but 6 years later I got tired of it. I find most of the characters annoying and being selfish about the others. And I thought when it reached to 2009 I was about to say "is this the longest running show?" But then I found the TV movie as the series finale. Overall , I think this show gone downhill after 2004.

Ben 10 (2017) even though at first when I heard the new reboot coming out. I was bummed it didn't end for a whole 13 years. Then when I saw the episodes.. I enjoyed it. The jokes were original and they even got their old villains back. And I find Season 2 better! I recommend seeing Omni-Tricked.

The Loud House (2016) when I discovered the show I thought "oh it's a comic art series how nice!" Then I found out it was a charming/ Sweet hearted series. I'm actually glad it was the replacement of the fairly odd parents! Then when I saw Season 2.. Something got out of hand. I know someone said this.. But I find the plot predictable and the sisters are still doing their same activity instead of doing something new.. But when season 3 came. This show didn't get worse. It went downhill.. EVEN IT GOT A MOVIE AND A SPINOFF.

DragonKnightGX

Feb 22, 2018
Nickelodeon - Definitely the worst kids network out of The Big Three, both in their programs and their questionable business ethics. It only has three cartoons running and a slew of live-action crap that I really don't care for. They're also too hellbent on following the money to the point where they sacrifice the integrity of the network.
Ugh, agreed with this one 100%. I have no reason to watch Nick outside of the rangers, turtles, and SpongeBob. What they did to the rangers is enough reason for me to hate Nick.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
Ben 10 (2017) even though at first when I heard the new reboot coming out. I was bummed it didn't end for a whole 13 years. Then when I saw the episodes.. I enjoyed it. The jokes were original and they even got their old villains back. And I find Season 2 better! I recommend seeing Omni-Tricked.
Strange for me, but I wasn't a big Ben 10 fan , but the reboot version I've found quite fun to watch.

ToonsJazzLover

Jan 31, 2010
Laredo, TX
The amount of memes ridiculing it leads me to believe so, but I could be wrong.
Well, with Cyma gone for good, maybe their stupid business ethics will end (the Sponge standard which is one of the most nonsensical strategy to keep a show alive). I hope for a better balance between cartoons and live action especially since Schneider has left. (I find it unfair that Pinky Malinky is now sent to Netflix, but at least it's finally getting a release date) But I understand where you're heading at. Thanks to promoting a certain bow fashioner and dancer too much (no offense to her fans and the channel themselves) as well as a bit high reliance on live-action programming, I feel like they're making this channel too feminine for its own good, kind of like how Disney Channel suffered for this fate. Even if Rise of TMNT look bland, at least I'll be glad that it's another cartoon airing on Nick. I just hope they don't slack off anymore with their lazy strategy they've been doing thanks to Zarghami.

also, to add another unpopular opinion to my list, I don't think Disney isn't my favorite animation studio in general, although I prefer their subdivision PIXAR better.

Regular Show 's romance arcs and season 7 (which was dull as dirt) prevented me from calling it the best 2010s show ever.

I'm fine with adult cartoons suffering the stereotype of that most of them are raunchy, but it does need some variety like action and drama. Sci-fi adult cartoons seem to be rather successful.

Last edited: