Universal Kids (formerly Sprout) (TALKBACK)

LisaLoudFan30

(sigh) I was afraid of this.

The version of Totally Spies! being played is the current version; that is, the one that's on You Tube (officially) and Amazon. Just so everyone knows:

-The opening this version uses is not the original version.
-As far as I know, the episode title cards were added for this version. The first two seasons didn't have them originally.
-Many of the episodes are in cropped widescreen, but there are a few exceptions (at least on You Tube).

They're also showing 5 episodes at a time (at least today). I don't know how consistent they'll be. In any case, you probably shouldn't expect the version that was originally seen on Fox (ABC?) Family or the Cartoon Network...
Unlike some other shows like The Simpsons on FXX has cropped in widescreen bigger, Family Guy episodes are cropped in letterbox until 2008, being transferred into HD, and classic SpongeBob episodes are cropped into SD box untill 2008, later switched to HD.

Mandouga

‪Universal Kids is playing the wrong episode of Totally Spies right now.‬

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that might have been a mistake in the first place (the schedule listing, I mean). It looks like they're playing them in production order, since they aired "Queen for a Day" after "A Thing for Musicians.

Were the credits intact?

Oh yeah, they were intact, all right.

Toons Fan said:
Oh, now they play "The Eraser" episode at 6PM today.‬

According to the Totally Spies! Marathon Production Wiki, that's actually the 7th episode, with "Child's Play" being the 6th episode....

Toons Fan

‪Okay, so Universal Kids has updated its Totally Spies episode showings on its website.‬

39524d5da65b7adc28e25d4ffec048ae.jpg

Edit: Universal Kids has made a show page for Totally Spies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LisaLoudFan30

Universal Kids will air Season 7 of Barney and Friends on July 6, with a few episodes from 2002 airing. We'll might see classic Barney and Friends episodes airing on Universal Kids, as well as classic Bob the Builder and The Wiggles as well.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Guys, I realized something. While moving a show from Netflix to another streaming service requires a two-to-three year wait, moving a Netflix show to broadcast or cable requires only a 120 day wait. There have been 185 days in 2019 so far. There have been no new DW shows on Netflix in 2019(yet). Universal Kids is technically eligible to air every DreamWorks show originally on Netflix right now, if only the first season.

Where is my Captain Underpants, Universal Kids?

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
The good: Finally, another movie!
The bad: Storks? A Warner Bros. movie? Shouldn’t that be on Cartoon Network?
Technically, CN is under the Warner Bros. umbrella. It would make more sense if Storks airs on CN instead of Universal. CN even made a commercial of their own to promote Storks back in 2016.
Freeform has aired it before, but yeah, I agree, this should've been on Cartoon Network and/or TBS.

LisaLoudFan30

The good: Finally, another movie!
The bad: Storks? A Warner Bros. movie? Shouldn’t that be on Cartoon Network?
First, we got Enchanted (2007), then Storks (2016). Maybe Universal Kids should air movies that should compete to Disney Channel that airs movies on Saturday-Sunday.

Tacomaster

BrandNew from UnderConsideration had an article for Universal Kids’ new look that 1) had a video showing various unused, occasionally better designs for the logo and 2) had a separate video showing the 2015 Bob the Builder(not the old one) on the lineup.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
To be honest, it doesn't matter who made the movie for it to air, remember SYFY and Universal kids have aired Disney's The BFG before it's whoever wants to air the movie and has the money to air it , that airs it.

Tacomaster

Why not? Is it in danger or something? Is Universal Kids taking it to its own castle?
Seriously, USA has aired it before too. TV networks have aired other studio's films on the regular; it's no big deal.
Disney has aired Universal movies on their channels too. It’s not that big of a deal.
I know, it just breaks my brain

aegisrawks

DreamWorks Where’s Waldo was the highest rated series launch among preschoolers on Universal Kids in two years. Across all airings over its three-day premiere, the show reached over 500,000 Total Viewers.

Source:Cynopsis.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts