Universal Kids (formerly Sprout) (TALKBACK)

Latest News & Videos

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Well, it’ll definitely be cheaper to air. Then again, with limited airtime for non-preschool shows, they’re better off airing something relatively newer and iconic. Plus, Totally Spies had six seasons and a movie(!), so they have reruns for days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MegasMilo379

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
Well, I don't know. All they've really done, as far as original shows go, is give everyone "family" versions of existing shows made for mom and dad (e.g., Top Chef, American Ninja Warrior), as well as other original reality shows (although yes, giving us the same old sitcoms and stuff would be just as bad*). They're first (?) attempt at a game show was an insult to everyone's intelligence. I mean, "The Noise"? All that was was a game show version of the quiet game (i.e., that "game" parents "teach" us regardless of whether we know how to be quiet or not). In fact, I do wonder if everyone at Universal Kids even knows what they're really doing. That said, it would be a bad idea if they suddenly became "Universal Family". No, really. I hope they don't do this. That would honestly be taking the easy way out.

Still, I'll see what happens next.

*Right, Disney Channel; Nickelodeon?...

Tacomaster

Aug 31, 2018
none of your business
In fact, I do wonder if everyone at Universal Kids even knows what they're really doing.
Not a snowball’s chance in heck.
That said, it would be a bad idea if they suddenly became "Universal Family".
Even though that name would expand provisions from just kid shows to shows for a wider audience, and there was an attempted syndicated block with Monster Force and Exosquad called Universal Family Network that almost aired the Beethoven cartoon?

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
Universal Kids should have tried making a sitcom or something themselves it works for Nick.... uh I mean it works for Disney Channel. I kind of wonder Comcast half haphazardly launched this channel ; it seemed be doing well as Sprout then they wanted to compete with Nick, Disney , and maybe Cartoon Network but didn't plan it well at all.

Reactions: superkeegan9100

LisaLoudFan30

Oct 6, 2018
Indianapolis
‪They should also pick up Martin Mystery. Season 3 of the show has never been aired on TV in the USA along with one Season 2 episode.‬

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Universal Kids should pick up Monster Buster Club, because it's made by Marathon Media, when it previously aired on Disney XD 10 years ago.

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
(sigh) I was afraid of this.

The version of Totally Spies! being played is the current version; that is, the one that's on You Tube (officially) and Amazon. Just so everyone knows:

-The opening this version uses is not the original version.
-As far as I know, the episode title cards were added for this version. The first two seasons didn't have them originally.
-Many of the episodes are in cropped widescreen, but there are a few exceptions (at least on You Tube).

They're also showing 5 episodes at a time (at least today). I don't know how consistent they'll be. In any case, you probably shouldn't expect the version that was originally seen on Fox (ABC?) Family or the Cartoon Network...

Tacomaster

Aug 31, 2018
none of your business
(sigh) I was afraid of this.

The version of Totally Spies! being played is the current version; that is, the one that's on You Tube (officially) and Amazon. Just so everyone knows:

-The opening this version uses is not the original version.
-As far as I know, the episode title cards were added for this version. The first two seasons didn't have them originally.
-Many of the episodes are in cropped widescreen, but there are a few exceptions (at least on You Tube).

They're also showing 5 episodes at a time (at least today). I don't know how consistent they'll be. In any case, you probably shouldn't expect the version that was originally seen on Fox (ABC?) Family or the Cartoon Network...
I would have expected the cropping but I had no idea of any other edits