Universal Kids (formerly Sprout) (TALKBACK)

Latest News & Videos

barcncpt44

Road, Weather, News Junkie Geek
Feb 23, 2013
Anniston, AL
geekalabama.com
Deadline is reporting that Sprout will be rebranded as Universal Kids this September.

https://deadline.com/2017/05/sprout-rebranding-to-universal-kids-network-with-top-chef-junior-dreamworks-animation-series-1202080226/

The general preschool shows will continue from 3 am to 6 pm. But from 6 pm to 3 am, there will be more general family programming like "Top Chef Junior", "All Hail King Julien", "Hank Zipzer", and "DreamWorks Dragons: Riders of Berk."

There will be new preschool shows including "Kody Kapow", and there will be new international shows premiering including "Nowhere Boys", "Little Lunch", and "The Next Step."

Reactions: 3 people

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
Very good that the channel will expand, and adding some of the Netflix materials like All-Hail King Julien is a nice move.

hobbyfan

Jun 9, 2002
Troy NY
Sprout was the channel's name when it was part of PBS. When NBC-Universal-Comcast bought out the channel a while back, the change was inevitable.

Reactions: 2 people
Sep 6, 2015
The Article said that the Sprout name would still be the name for their Preschool shows and that Universal Kids for the Older Kids Programming from 6 pm-3am.

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
The Article said that the Sprout name would still be the name for their Preschool shows and that Universal Kids for the Older Kids Programming from 6 pm-3am.
I'm not entirely sure if it meant the channel will still have preschool shows after it rebrands to Universal Kids or if they'll still use the Sprout branding for preschool programming after Universal Kids starts.

SparkleMan

Who did you expect? Sportaflop?
May 2, 2016
Lazytown
My one request is to keep Berenstein Bears on the schedule.
Speaking of Netflix, I really need to catch up on that Home: Tim and Oh show

imanidrayton

Jul 30, 2015
I only watched The Sprout channel for a month but the channel got really boring so I stopped watching it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

DHB8008

Sep 8, 2014
The World
Hank Zipzer is quite a British show (apart from Henry Winkler), it will be interesting to see how it does in the US.

Winkler (who created and stars in it) even said in an interview that he would never be able to sell it in the US because of the cultural differences.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Hank Zipzer is quite a British show (apart from Henry Winkler), it will be interesting to see how it does in the US.

Winkler (who created and stars in it) even said in an interview that he would never be able to sell it in the US because of the cultural differences.
It has already premiered in several European countries on Disney XD / Disney Channel.

SpongieLoud

Twitter: @miidude777
Feb 27, 2017
It's been so long since I've watched Sprout. I only watched it when I was in Kindergarden when it was still PBS Kids Sprout. Definitely will check out the Universal Kids channel.

SparkleMan

Who did you expect? Sportaflop?
May 2, 2016
Lazytown
They've been doing that for 11 and a half years, I say it's time for a change.
That's an OPINION
I have an OPINION
OPINIONS DON'T EXIST
I DON'T EXIST
I AM AN OPINION
YOU HAVE AN OPINION
But seriously it's like one of those shows that you don't want off a channel even though it's been there for a ton of years

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I hope Trevor Devall is in the PPG 2016 reboot.
Vuxovich wrote on thomas2313412's profile.
@thomas2313412 You're spamming the PPG 2016 thread without any reason!
Can anyone from COmiccon ask a representative of cartoon network,if the series of PPG2016 is renewed for a fourth season or is it cancelled and if the gumball movie is greenlit?