Universal in talks with Lego Group to make new Lego Movies

Latest News & Videos

Nov 20, 2019
Serbia
www.twitch.tv
Apparently Universal will make new Lego movies. Warner Brothers won't make new Lego Movies after the disappointing performance of Lego Movie The Second Part. Also I really doubt that there would be continuation of original Lego movies as Warner Bros is not interested in it anymore.
I have to say this is really sad. I really liked those movies.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RainbowCupcake

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Canada
[failed verification]
No original research, please.
None of what he said is unreasonable. The second movie grossed half of what the first one did. It didn't even crack $200 million worldwide on a $100 million budget. If Warner is allowing Universal to produce new Lego movies, that should tell you they aren't interested in them anymore.

Neo-Dynamo

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Beyond the beyond
The turn around time on reboots is about three to five years, so it's not too surprising that they're already moving on.

For some reason, I remember there being a Lego Harry Potter in development. Was that real or did I imagine that?

Feb 6, 2017
If DreamWorks Animation made a deal with Warner Bros. to distribute their films between 2013 and 2017; It can be another WB lost to Universal, if this happen.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
So Warner Bros. got Dr. Seuss and Universal got LEGO. Hopefully they keep them animated like actual LEGO.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
According to Deadline, Warner Bros. will still do followups for The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie despite this.

Nov 20, 2019
Serbia
www.twitch.tv
According to Deadline, Warner Bros. will still do followups for The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie despite this.
Um, it says that WB will keep those characters from Universal from using them in their LEGO movies (once the deal is done), not that WB will make followups to those movies.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Um, it says that WB will keep those characters from Universal from using them in their LEGO movies (once the deal is done), not that WB will make followups to those movies.

Well, it doesn't rule out the possibility of them continuing to do films for such characters.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
But considering how last movie was a box office bomb, do you really think that WB studio will make another movie related to this franchise?
Well, AFAIK, The Billion Brick Race and the sequel to The Lego Batman Movie are still in development under WB.

Nothing in the article specifically stated that The Lego Movie franchise would move to Universal. All it said is that Universal would be releasing new Lego movies, not taking over the franchise from Warner.

Radiant97

Azula supremacist
Feb 3, 2018
The Darkest Timeline
Well, AFAIK, The Billion Brick Race and the sequel to The Lego Batman Movie are still in development under WB.

Nothing in the article specifically stated that The Lego Movie franchise would move to Universal. All it said is that Universal would be releasing new Lego movies, not taking over the franchise from Warner.
Considering the fate of those two movies should the deal come to fruition is still undetermined, I'd say they currently have a 50/50 chance of happening. Keep in mind that Universal and The Lego Group are still in talks, meaning there's no contract yet.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Considering the fate of those two movies should the deal come to fruition is still undetermined, I'd say they currently have a 50/50 chance of happening. Keep in mind that Universal and The Lego Group are still in talks, meaning there's no contract yet.
Well, if anything, I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently, Suite Life and Phineas and Ferb were on Jetix USA: Saturday Kids TV schedules

If Spider-Man says wear a mask, then wear it.
Tenchi Muyo! debuted on old Toonami 20 years ago today. Love still stinks.
Apparently when GOTJ 2007 started production in 2004, one of the episodes was going to involve Ape being kidnapped for a fast-food restaurant chain - a modern take on the classic series that was failed by the end result.