Underused villains in Marvel animation?

The Overlord

I started a similar thread in the DC animated forum a while back. What villains are underused in Marvel animation? A lot of the big villains like Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Magneto, etc have been used often, but other villains either never appeared or hardly ever appear.

Bullseye, who is Daredevil's arch enemy besides the Kingpin, has never appeared in animation, poroably because Daredevil has never gotten his own animated show and partly because Bullseye is a violent psychopath who murders almost anyone he meets. Jigsaw, Punisher's arch enemy never appeared in animation, mainly because he is a Punisher villain and Punisher likely will never get his own animated series and he is disfigured violent mobster. Another choice is William Stryker, who appeared a lot in the movies, but not in animation, he is a preacher in the comics, but they made him a army colonel in the movies, but is anti mutant bigot role is usually taken by Senator Kelly, Dr. Trask or Graydon Creed in animation.

Do you think there is anything that could be done to make these villains work in animation?

The Overlord

03/06:
Niche Spider-Man villain White Rabbit :p.

She would actually be a fun villain in a cold opening of a Spidey cartoon episode.

04/24:
After watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I doubt we will see Flag-Smasher in animation, anarchism may be seen as too heady a topic for kids, heck I think live-action Flag-Smasher was under written.

Same deal for other groups like the hate group the Sons of the Serpent and the reactionary group the Watchdogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
04/24:
After watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I doubt we will see Flag-Smasher in animation, anarchism may be seen as too heady a topic for kids, heck I think live-action Flag-Smasher was under written.

Same deal for other groups like the hate group the Sons of the Serpent and the reactionary group the Watchdogs.
I don't think it would be impossible, you would probably just have to re-frame their message to something that was a little more kid-appropriate...

The Overlord

I don't think it would be impossible, you would probably just have to re-frame their message to something that was a little more kid-appropriate...

Are we talking Flag-Smasher or the Sons of the Serpent or the Watchdogs?

There are separate issues with all of them, the Flag-Smashers are anarchists, which may be too heady for kids, while both the Sons of the Serpent and the Watchdogs may too controversial for kids.

Heady is easier to deal with than controversial. Sons of the Serpent are a more explicitly bigotted version of Hydra, Hydra gets used because they are a vaguely fascist snake-themed group.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone had a time where you found a Youtuber that you just stumbled upon but it turned out that Youtuber is dead
@wiley207 Arthur, my childhood show, is finally coming to an end!
Tim Burton's remake of Planet of the Apes was released 20 years ago today.
Finally, a Blocks era CN Europe ident featuring Bloo. :) Uploaded by @rinachi.

Featured Posts