Unconventional or unpopular opinions you have

khuddle

Off topic, but I need your help: is there a thread on these forums that announces release dates
for upcoming animated Blu Rays / DVDs? For example I'm really interested in learning when the
following animated TV shows are coming out on BR / DVD:

Castlevania Season 3

Clone Wars Season 7

Voltron Legendary Defender Season 7-8

Young Justice Season 4

So is there actually a thread like that on these forums?

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

I honestly think that I would prefer the original version of The Emperor’s New Groove, Kingdom of the Sun (or whatever it was called).

AdrenalineRush1996

As much as I enjoyed Voltron: Legendary Defender, I feel like the tone should've been similar to Tales of Arcadia.
I honestly think that I would prefer the original version of The Emperor’s New Groove, Kingdom of the Sun (or whatever it was called).
It was indeed called Kingdom of the Sun before creative differences changed the film into The Emperor's New Groove.

Pooky

I watched The Secret of Nimh for the first time tonight (yes, I know). I... didn't love it. (ducks shoes)

I've seen it a couple of times, and I'm not a huge fan either. It's better than some of Bluth's later films, and it is better than some post-Walt, pre-renaissance Disney films, which was Bluth's aim, but honestly its (near) contemporary The Fox and the Hound is more compelling.

AdrenalineRush1996

I think Hanna-Barbera should be revived as the third core Warner Media animation studio on par with Warner Bros. Animation/Warner Animation Group and Cartoon Network Studios/Williams Street.

AdrenalineRush1996

I think W.I.T.C.H. deserves a continuation in form of either a limited series (like Samurai Jack) or a straight up revival (like Young Justice).
As much as I enjoy Batman Beyond, I find the show’s rogues gallery of original to be extremely lacking. Inque is the only good, fully utilized villain. The rest are either dull or underused.
It also doesn't help the fact that said foes are similar to the villains of Spider-Man 2099.

Pooky

This got me thinking recently.

Apparently Thad is wrong about Steven Universe being rigged, but there's something there isn't there? As off-putting and idiosyncratic as Kennedy's animation often was, it's fluid and bouncy, and certainty isn't cheap or lazy or strewn with errors. Maybe if there'd been a show built from the ground up to suit their strengths, they'd have had their chance to shine.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently, in addition to the DreamWorks incarnation of Trolls... Disney Channel aired the DiC one?
they can bring back g4, chiller, and cloo back on xumo, i mean if they bring back spike tv for pluto tv, why not chiller, cloo, and g4 for xumo
Hey guys, I'm back! Been gone for almost a year from having a lot on my plate but now I have more free time. I hope everyone here is making it through these tough and difficult times.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask was released in North America. Majora's Mask was the second game from the franchise I played and certainly fits with the Halloween theme.
Why did Adult Swim air the Family Guy episode Wasted Talent as part of the Halloween special?