Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

Dr.Pepper

I was thinking the other day, but there is a serious lack of traditional sitcoms on Disney+. They have Home Improvement, 8 Simple Rules, Wonder Years (remake), and Black-ish…..and that’s all I really noticed? Are there more buried somewhere? There’s plenty of shows from Disney/Touchstone and 20th Century Fox they could add. This is especially true now that they started adding R-rated movies and TV-MA series, so I’m not buying that they aren’t family friendly enough.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I was thinking the other day, but there is a serious lack of traditional sitcoms on Disney+. They have Home Improvement, 8 Simple Rules, Wonder Years (remake), and Black-ish…..and that’s all I really noticed? Are there more buried somewhere?
I know they have Boy Meets World.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Thanks for the heads up on Home Improvement - I didn't realize that was added to Disney+ at some point. I've started back on that, having not watched it in probably two decades (!). The show's not high art by any means but it has some laughs.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
For some reason The Simpsons absolutely LOATHED Home Improvement as it was airing. It took the same kinds of cheap shots at it it later took at Family Guy. For some reason, that show stuck in the craw of Simpsons writers. Like little else.

Zorak Masaki

For some reason The Simpsons absolutely LOATHED Home Improvement as it was airing. It took the same kinds of cheap shots at it it later took at Family Guy. For some reason, that show stuck in the craw of Simpsons writers. Like little else.
Huh, I dont recall that. I know about the "Oh no, I've killed Wilson! Guess it's back to jail for me!" scene, but aside from that there were no real potshots at HI. If anything, Married With Children got more potshots, and that continued into that one episode of Futurama (and that show actually starred a MWC cast member with Katey Segal).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I remember they were doing a runner of lowbrow comedy TV rivals (I think on the meta Behind The Laughter episode) coming up with some truly cringe sounding base sitcom titles, and Bart randomly adds "Home Improvement" to the mix.

They have also made fun of Tim Allen's former drug habit more than once, which strikes me as a low blow coming from a show that routinely hires Kelsey Grammer.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I was thinking the other day, but there is a serious lack of traditional sitcoms on Disney+. They have Home Improvement, 8 Simple Rules, Wonder Years (remake), and Black-ish…..and that’s all I really noticed? Are there more buried somewhere? There’s plenty of shows from Disney/Touchstone and 20th Century Fox they could add. This is especially true now that they started adding R-rated movies and TV-MA series, so I’m not buying that they aren’t family friendly enough.
That’ll happen with the launch of the combined Disney+/Hulu app Bob Iger teased.

EDIT: That is if he is still keeping that promise. There hasn't been, say, a teaser/trailer announcing it, nor any further details, as of now.

Last edited:

tvfan

I don't keep a track with preschool shows (Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior).

If it does, it is nearly one year and Disney+ October 2023 doesn't show old animated show to be added.

My guess - wait for Disney+ to be profitable and some of their money could goes to cover on restoration cost.

Edit: or wait for Disney+ Day in November 2023 and it would be 4th anniversary for Disney+.
I really hope Disney Plus adds Stanley soon! I also hope they add JoJo's Circus and Johnny and the Sprites

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
As I understand it, W.I.T.C.H.'s creator Elisabetta Gnone had a disagreement with Disney over creative control, which could be one reason why the animated series has yet to turn up on Disney+.

harry580

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Here's what's coming to Disney Plus in November
Getting some Kiff, Hamster and Gretel, The Ghost and Molly McGee ,Hailey's On It
Plus JFK just in time for the 60th anniversary.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts