Unconventional or unpopular opinions you have (re: animation)

kirbygame

-Adventure Time: Distant Lands (miniseries) is... unnecessary..

not that i hate it and i do appreciate many people enjoyed this but do we really need to see what happened to these characters after its finale?

-i'm not looking forward to Learning with Pibby as an actual series. it was impressive at first but it feels too overhyped. not to mention the dark moments didn't worked out for me.
(which is why i refused to want Molly Mcgee having dark moments.
and to anyone who wants "dark" moments/episodes on Molly series.
"Ah Shaddap!!" - Foghorn Leghorn)

-i don't mind these remake Tom and Jerry shorts (such as The Egg and Jerry, Tops with Pops and Feedin' the Kiddie.) people find these lazy inclusions in their MGM lineup shorts but i actually find it interesting.

-i think We Bare Bears has too many cubs episodes which results the (unnecessary) spin-off series being greenlighted. nothing against these cubs episodes heck i find Panda and Ice Bear's origin episodes really enjoyable. but things are getting out of hand in Season 4. (was CN responsible for these many cubs episodes?)

Last edited:

JMTV Studios

not that i hate it and i do appreciate many people enjoyed this but do we really need to see what happened to these characters after its finale?
Yeah, I do kinda agree with you. But to be fair, the BMO special is only one I actually do like. The rest? Not so much.

-i'm not looking forward to Learning with Pibby as an actual series. it was impressive at first but it feels too overhyped. not to mention the dark moments didn't worked out for me.
I'm not too crazy about Pibby either. The concept just left me feel with crossover fatigue.

-i think We Bare Bears has too many cubs episodes which results the (unnecessary) spin-off series being greenlighted. nothing against these cubs episodes heck i find Panda and Ice Bear's origin episodes really enjoyable. but things are getting out of hand in Season 4. (was CN responsible for these many cubs episodes?)
I don't know. I haven't seen much of We Bears Bears besides Season 1 and the movie, so I can't really say.

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
Yeah, I'm not feeling Pibby either; to me it just came off like Creepypastas: The Series. Given the immense fan reaction to it, I wouldn't doubt that [adult swim] will turn it into a series, but I see it being a miniseries rather than an ongoing series; there's not really anywhere you can go with it after the glitch is defeated.
(which is why i refused to want Molly Megee having dark moments.
and to anyone who wants "dark" moments/episodes on Molly series.
"Ah Shaddap!!" - Foghorn Leghorn)
Amen.

Classic Speedy

John Belushi as Slimer
Staff member
Reporter
Hey, here's one: Fairy Tail is the only long-running shonen anime that I've watched more than 100 episodes of. Most in that category, I follow for a while but eventually lose interest in and drop (Bleach, One Piece, Inu-yasha, etc.). Not the case here. I know it's a show with very mixed reception but what can I say? I'm in the like camp.

Last edited:

Darklordavaitor

Staff member

I'm with you. I think Adventure Time already overstayed its welcome in the main series, but CN refuses to let it die regardless, and I've still yet to see any of the specials. And I probably won't catch the Fionna and Cake spin-off, either.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'm with you. I think Adventure Time already overstayed its welcome in the main series, but CN refuses to let it die regardless, and I've still yet to see any of the specials. And I probably won't catch the Fionna and Cake spin-off, either.
As much as I'm looking forward to Fionna and Cake as a series, it needs to be its own thing and not just Finn and Jake as females. Otherwise, that's all its likely gonna end up being. Same with how We Bare Baby Bears just seems like a dumbed down version of We Bare Bears. We don't really need this, nor what Fionna and Cake risks being, honestly.

Seriously though - Just let Adventure Time RIP, already. You know, just how like Regular Show is and with Close Enough taking its place just fine, please and thank you very much!
You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see Mao Mao come back with New episodes already, dangit! That show was actually good and needs to come back and stay around!

I'd also like to agree with @JMTV Studios on some things: such as OK K.O. being far superior to Steven Universe. Not in looks/appearances, unfortunately - however, in everything else required to make an actually good anything: humor, action, moments of drama/suspense, conflict/storytelling, characters/their development?
OK K.O. (although not in how you look at it and appears to the eyes, as that's one point I'll give to in favor of SU and not much else, otherwise.) dominates in all of these areas where Steven Universe bites the bullet on most of them.

Heck, I can't even watch SU: Future, knowing all these things and more wrong with the original show, let alone bring myself to revisit said original show anytime soon, as a result!

Heck, I'll go one further, Clarence was a better show than Steven Universe. I mean that wholeheartedly, despite some issues I have with Clarence as a series myself, but that is what it is. Craig of the Creek is better than Clarence, which I won't argue for a minute.
And definitely count Craig of the Creek for me as just one more show that I find far superior to Steven Universe, despite not being nearly as action-packed as even Clarence was sometimes. Well, at least until late Season 3 (for COTC) came around with fighting that jerk King Xavier, of course (and all that fighting against him held my attention better than ANYTHING I'm SU, IMHO!).

OHHHHH MY DEAR GOD, ALL THAT FELT GOOD TO GET OUT. Thank you so much for this thread still going strong and healthy.

Okay, take care and Happy Thanksgiving/Turkey Day, everyone!

kirbygame

-i honestly enjoyed Scooby Doo crossover DTV movies with WWE and others, i know it sound like dumb ideas for Scooby DTV movies at first but it has moments and the writing isn't too horrible. Return to Zombie Island on the other hand...

-Even though Lincoln's friends episodes in season 5 can be hit or miss. if there's one thing i have to say is that at least Lincoln has better friends than what.. Robot Jones has.. (seriously, compare Lincoln's friends to Robot Jones' friends so you know what i mean.)

-Astro Boy >> My Life as a Teenage Robot. (nuff said)

-even after many Netflix/Amazon/Hulu shows that Dreamworks made. The Penguins of Madagascar is still to this day my favorite TV show from them.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
@kirbygame inspired me to say this one, honestly. Something hust felt right about saying it, as a result.

The only Dreamworks animated series I have any positive connection with is Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh. Now if only the original film were any good, I'm sure my positive connection wouldn't be an unpopular opinion, but it is what it is.

Heck, I rerun this silly-as-all-get-out cartoon almost more than I rerun Bob's Burgers. I'd say I'm almost in love with it, but it's unfortunately not as good as other slice-of-life shows I can recommend people watch (like Craig of the Creek, to be specific.); (LOL) Just one more show I still consider better than TLH/Casagrandes ever was for me, IMHO (LOL) - and it definitely nas its moments of greatness that allow me to rerun it so much, so yeah.

Just one more thing that felt good to get out of me. Okay, take care.

Last edited:

kirbygame

oh and i'm not looking forward with The Proud Family Revival Series because i have no interest on that and not to mention, how unnecessary it is. (which is ironic consider i do have interest on another one that has black family but it is focus on that kid exploring the forest.)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Then something bad is intensifying!
Asa
Peanuts creator Charles Schultz would've turned 99 years old today.
Lost of Christmas stuff on tonight Frosty and Frosty Returns is on CBS tonight, it's always on the night after Thanksgiving, so is Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer on The CW, and NBC has the Original Grinch, ABC has Santa Claus is Comin' to town (though if you prefer to watch this one un edited Freeform is the better place to watch it )
Nick@nite finally got new Christmas brand just today started 6am!

Featured Posts