Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six "Return to the Spider-Verse, Parts 1-4" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Discuss this Four-Part Event!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Catch a new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six, tonight at 8:00PM ET on Disney XD! Tune in for the first part of an epic four-part adventure through the Spider-Verse, featuring all-new and all-different alternate versions of Spidey!

qOLVm2s.png
Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six "Return to the Spider-Verse, Part 1"
Episode Debut - August 27th, 2016
Directed by: Roy Burdine
Written by: Andrew Robinson

Spider-Man and Kid Arachnid travel to alternate dimensions in order to gather the shards from the broken Siege Perilous.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Additionally, please use spoiler space when discussing upcoming "Return to the Spider-Verse" installments that have yet to officially debut in the US on Disney XD, Ultimate Spider-Man's home network. Don't ruin it for those checking out these episodes out for the first time! Disciplinary action will be taken if necessary. Let's have fun and enjoy this Ultimate Spider-Man event!

Related Discussion:
Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors "The Spider-Verse, Parts 1-4" Talkback (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
I thought this was a pretty solid start to the new Spider-Verse arc, giving a decent enough reason for Peter and Miles to go galavanting across dimensions, one that has ties to events early in the season, and introducing a new dimension-spanning antagonist. Some good action and banter between our two Spider-Men also kept things enjoyable ;).

If it was ever clear how little Peter Parker's secret identity matters on this show, having him and Miles play a video game in his house in full costume while in-full view of the neighborhood probably makes that abundantly apparent :rolleyes:.

How did Miles get added to that Superhero fighting game everybody is always playing? Has he really been in this universe long enough to have enough of a presence for the developer to notice him, know he's Kid-Arachnid (ugh) and add him to the roster, presumably as paid DLC? Or did they pester Conners into hacking into the game and adding him in, because that seems like the kind of pointless stuff these characters get up to sometimes o_O?

Does Peter really need to tell the audience who Miles is at this point? I mean, I guess I can forgive K'un-Lun since we haven't seen it since season 2, but I think we should all know who Miles is by now, if not necessarily his exact living situation of being stuck in the main universe (though I think Peter tends to remind us he's from an alternate dimension quite a bit). I can already foresee Peter summing up this entire episode in the intro to the next one (and the next one, and the next one...), just like in the original Spider-Verse, and boy will that be fun :mad:.

Though I have to ask...I know they're focused on getting Miles back home to his dimension, or, rather then focused they're actually finally dealing with it now, but don't they have to bring back Ultimate Goblin as well? They're not going to leave him in the main universe are they :eek:?

It was nice seeing Madame Web and Fury again, the former still spouting cosmic vagueness to help Spider-Man and the latter still leaving the Web-Head with all the hard work while showing him little respect, though I found it odd that the major conflict in this arc involves Incursions in the main universe given that's supposed to be the plot of the next season of Assemble...

Hey, it's Dr. Strange, here to do some magical mumbo jumbo and remind us that he's got a movie coming out in a few months :p.

Blood Spider's world felt like a mix of the Victorian-Steampunk world of Lady-Spider from the comics with a generic vampire apocalypse, leaving out Lady-Spider (boo :sad:) or any real utilization of the setting for fun scenarios or comparisons/contrasts to the main universe beyond making Conners into an alchemist instead of a scientist. Not giving every character a posh, British, accent was another big missed opportunity, especially since we missed out on Ben Diskin possibly doing Joseph Joestar as a Spider-Man :D.

Blood Spider was an okay Spidey, at least as far as serious, vampire-hunting, Spider-Men go, and Ben Diskin did fine with what he had to work with. I guess making him a vampire slayer was the best way they could have our Spider-Man contrast with a more extreme, brutal, version of himself more prone to killing without actually using a Spider-Man that's really a killer :shrug:

Lizard being the main villain of this episode, and the Big Bad of Blood Spider's dimension, was an interesting twist. He actually didn't look half-bad in that aristocratic outfit, which is certainly a change of pace from the labcoat/shirtless look the Lizard has so often sported in his history, and Dee Bradley Baker's normal Lizard voice feels appropriate for a vampire king :cool:.

So...I'm just wondering, did Conners' alchemy experiments turn him into a vampire/lizard hybrid in this universe, or did he turn into the Lizard before becoming a vampire? The fact that the shard was able to completely cure him implies the former, but it's just something I'm curious about :confused:.

Christopher Daniel Barnes as an evil, alternate, Spider-Man is almost ingenious casting, and kind of highlights just how much the show has been wasting him as Electro, and he plays the role very well. He gets across Wolf Spider's cold, calculating, and sinister personality with ease, and having Peter (and Miles) face off against an evil version of Spider-Man seems like a smart choice for an arc based around Spider-Man in alternate dimensions, and I hope they play off the dichotomy and similarities/differences between our Peter and this guy over the course of this arc :evil:.

Though I have to wonder where he got the name "Wolf Spider." Does he transform into a wolf or something :sweat:?

I noticed Nova wasn't among the rest of the original team in this episode. I guess he probably would've been too overpowered for a vampire apocalypse, though I can't say I missed him too much :rolleyes2:.

ChessKing

This episode was great, The fight scenes were good and so was the animation each episode/season gets better and better everytime.
This episode introduced 2 alternate Spider-Men with Blood Spider and Wolf Spider but both were in the same world, the next episode
will introduce 2 Spiders: Captain Webbeard the pirate Spider-Man and Webslinger the Cowboy Spider-Man, Not sure who we will meet in part 3 but Spider-Gwen will appear in part 4 and I can't wait for Spider-Gwen's animated appearance.

They must have gotten the name Wolf Spider from the species of spider of the same name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_spider

Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags if you want to discuss future episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxas_Sora

I have to say, this arc looks really promising. I have a few comments to say and a few spoilers to share between what I saw in this episode, and what I already know. Let's see:

+ The use of Blood Spider in this episode was very clever. This made the character way more interesting that his classic counterpart, where he's just a mercenary trained by the Taskmaster to mimic Spider-Man. This version is way much better.
+ Hope you don't mind if I mention it, but time ago, I posted in these forums several spoilers I found in a blog (which was closed a little time later), about potential events for Season 3. However, people around here said either they were fake or I invented them. I admit some of them seemed false, but some others seemed quite legit. One of those spoilers was that Blood Spider would appear in the series, but no one believed me. Well, who's the man now? Huh? But I have to admit, since it was Season 3 back then, I thought it would be like his comic counterpart, a mercenary trained by the Taskmaster. I never thought about this vampire world. Either way, it seems that info I posted wasn't so false after all.

+ The Lizard as a vampire king? I found it a little stupid. I mean, I know it's a little predictable, but the Green Goblin would have been a much better option for this. I mean, think about the Ultimate Goblin; just his appearance is quite demonic, not to mention the bat's wings makes you think about a vampire. Even more, in the first "Spider-Verse", when Spidey was in the Noir Universe and said to his counterpart the Goblin came for his blood, Spider-Noir said to that "What is he? Somekind of vampire?". Don't you think the Goblin would have been better?
+ It called my attention too that Nova wasn't present in the Vampire World too, but maybe it was understandable. I mean, this New York looked like very much a Victorian London, and it's quite difficult to imagine something of alien technology in this reality; like Nova's helmet. Besides, his light powers would have made the conflict much easier to solve.
+ Wolf Spider is definitely a very interesting character as villain. I already know who he is thanks to a TV promo and I have strong suspictions about him. I'll take the rest in the spoilers.
+ So, we are going to see Incursions in this arc? That explains somethings I saw previously, and it makes me suspect some big events for the future. I'll talk about them in the Spoilers.

Well, now let's talk about the spoilers I want to share:
+ Wolf Spider is definitely going to be Spider-Man's greatest enemy until now. Especially if we consider that he's AN EVIL VERSION OF PETER PARKER!!! I'm really interested in discovering the backstory of this guy.
+ By the look of previews from Japan, I believe Wolf Spider's objective will be absorb the essence and/or powers of all spiders through the Spider-Verse; possibly trying to become a God or something like that.
+ I have the suspiction that this Wolf Spider won't be totally defeated once the arc is over. In fact, I believe this guy could bring to the series the story of "Superior Spider-Man". I honestly hate this part of Spider-Man's history in comics, but I think I prefer this guy as the "Superior Spider-Man" over following the original script from the comics. I believe this guy coudl appear later in other episodes; and even if the series get a Season 5, he could be the main bad guy in the next season.
+ So, we are having Incursions in this arc too. That open an unlimited number of possibilities for the future. It also explains what I saw back in a preview of Part 3, where I saw a moon CRASHING ON THE EARTH. I guess that means, in this part, the destruction of realities will start.

+ The Incursions also open the door to a very interesting twist of the series. Considering the events of the comics, I do believe some Incursions won't destroy realities, but they will "merge" elements of one into another. That's exactly what happened with Miles' Ultimate Universe at the end of the Secret Wars, some of its surviving elements "merged" with the new main Marvel Universe. So, we should consider which realities with Spiders could be merged with the main reality. It should be basically the realities more similar to the main reality in the series, which makes possible a "compatibility". And of course, not only the Spiders would survive, but their family and friends too, I suppose. Well, let's see the candidates:
- Miles Morales: This should be the first obvious choice, and this would allow Miles, his mom and his Goblin to stay as recurrent characters. Rio and Aunt May could be good friends, and his Goblin is much more attractive that the main Goblin. (Imagine if Norman Osborn, as Iron Patriot, has to fight this Goblin). We could also have Miles' civil friends and his Uncle Aaron as the Prowler. Some other of his enemies could survive too. How about his world's Doc Ock?
- Spider-Gwen: This is another good choice. This could introduce a Gwen Stacy as a recurrent character here, not to mention his dad as a Police Officer and some other stuff.
- Spider-Girl: Petra Parker is another potential option, since her world is basically the same; except, you know, gender-switched. She could turn into something like Ultimate Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), who is a female clone of Peter Parker. Petra, technically, is that too.

- Spider-Punk: It has confirmed his appearance, at least in the last episode. This Hobie Brown could be an interesting add to the series, allowing The Prowler being used as a villain by Miles' uncle Aaron. According to comics, his world is practically a dystopia, so he surely won't miss anything of it. He could see this as a second chance for a better life or something.
- Spider-Man 2099: Miguel O'Hara is another good option. I know they said he wouldn't appear again, but I say, never say never. This could be like his current state in the comics, where he's trapped in our present and he tries to return to his future world. But something doesn't stop of making him impossible to do it. Also, the robo-thieves that Spidey and Miguel fought in the Part 1 of the original "Spider-Verse" has been confirmed to appear in Part 4 at least.
- International Spiders: Not all the Spiders have to be centered in New York. If we see Spiders who lives in different countries, they could be excellent options to be used here. This could allow Spider-Man to act at Global Scale after all. The candidates would be Spider-UK (Billy Braddock) in London, Spider-India (Pavitr Prabhakar) in Bombay, Kwansu Anansi (Spider-God) in Africa, either Aracnido Jr or Araña (Anya Corazon) in Mexico, and there are at least 5 different Spider-Men in Japan.
- Spider-Noir: Being one of the main players of Spider-Verse and a member of the comics' Web Warriors, it would be possible if this happen. He could be used to introduce regular crime in the main series. Also, in an alternative reality from "Avengers Assemble", where Dr Doom ruled the world, its Spider-Man was called Slinger and it had the same outfit of Spider-Noir.
- Spider-Ham: Not entirely convinced of this one, but he's another of the main players of Spider-Verse and a member of the comics' Web Warriors. So I guess he could be like Howard the Duck or Rocket Raccoon after all. I'm not sure.

Well, what do you think of all this?

ChessKing

From the articles on sites like IGN and promo clips on youtube the spiders we will see in each part are:
Part 1: Blood Spider and the main villain of the arc Wolf Spider.
Part 2:Captain Webbeard the pirate Spider-Man and Webslinger the Cowboy Spider-Man.
Part 3: The return of Spider-Man Noir (Not sure if there will be more Spiders in this episode or just him)
Part 4: Spider-Gwen, Spider-Punk and others according to the promo but not sure who.

What Spiders are you hoping to see appear in these episodes??

Villains we will see in each episode according to the promo are:
Part 1: Lizard King and vampire versions of Spidey's original team.
Part 2: The Kraken in webbeards world and Doc Ock and Phantom Rider in Webslinger's world.
Part 3: Hammerhead and Mr Negative in Noir's world.
Part 4: Wolf Spider (Main Villain of the arc)

What do you think??

TheLemsterPju

From the articles on sites like IGN and promo clips on youtube the spiders we will see in each part are:
Part 1: Blood Spider and the main villain of the arc Wolf Spider.
Part 2:Captain Webbeard the pirate Spider-Man and Webslinger the Cowboy Spider-Man.
Part 3: The return of Spider-Man Noir (Not sure if there will be more Spiders in this episode or just him)
Part 4: Spider-Gwen, Spider-Punk and others according to the promo but not sure who.

What Spiders are you hoping to see appear in these episodes??

Villains we will see in each episode according to the promo are:
Part 1: Lizard King and vampire versions of Spidey's original team.
Part 2: The Kraken in webbeards world and Doc Ock and Phantom Rider in Webslinger's world.
Part 3: Hammerhead and Mr Negative in Noir's world.
Part 4: Wolf Spider (Main Villain of the arc)

What do you think??

Is the Phantom Rider really the villain, or an ally? I thought the Doc Ock outlaw was going to be the villain for the second half of Part 2.

Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags if you want to discuss stuff from episodes that haven't aired yet in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
- The new Spider-Verse arc is off to a pretty great start. Neat idea that the plot was caused by the events of "Miles From Home". Also nice seeing Madame Web again, though I was hoping she'd have a bigger role - to be fair, that could still happen in the upcoming parts. Doctor Strange was also a decent addition and I expect to see more from him as well. Neat cameos from last year's Spider-Ham and Spyder-Knight, as well.
- I thought Spidey's narrations got a little annoying, explaining to the audience who Miles is and how he got there or what K'un-Lun is. Other than that I don't really have any complaints. Sure the dialogue could have been better at times but it wasn't as bad as in some other episodes. The interactions between Spidey, Miles and the new alternate Spiders should be entertaining.
- Blood Spider was a pretty cool character. I liked his design, and the design of his world as well. It was nice seeing alternate versions of Spidey's original team as well (well, 3 out of 4 anyway). The vampire twist was nice and I thought this segment managed to have a suitably creepy atmosphere at times. Also liked the twist that Blood Spider tried to steal that Shard to destroy all vampires, though it didn't last for long.
- The Lizard King was a decent opponent, with a neat design and I liked the short bit about him performing alchemy. The reveal that Wolf Spider was the true villain was handled pretty well, though it was kind of predictable. What I didn't expect was his plan to collect the Shards for himself, which should lead to some pretty interesting developments in the next parts of this arc.

All things considered, a fine start to a new arc. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

ChessKing

So we have another Peter Parker traveling through the Spider-Verse looking for the Siege Perilous. And he's voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes...

Wait a second, you don't think?

Nah, they'd never do it...

Would they?

Do what??
Use the 90s series Spider-Man as Wolf Spider because the last time we saw him he was with his version of Madame Web traveling the Multiverse looking for his Mary Jane who fell into limbo during a fight with Green Goblin on the bridge.

I don't think they would do that, Would they????

Frontier

Staff member
I'm starting to wish they'd saved using Barnes for this rather then casting him as Electro in season 2 and Spider-Knight in the original Spider-Verse.

It would've been all the more meaningful if they brought back an original Spider-Man voice for such a major role, let alone as an evil Spider-Man, rather then have him voice the lackluster goon that is USM Electro and a one-off AU like Spider-Knight (though I do like Knight quite a bit).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I admit I was a little disappointed they didn't include a Victorian-era J. Jonah Jameson in the episode, telling the world Blood Spider is evil incarnate. :p

Frontier

Staff member
I admit I was a little disappointed they didn't include a Victorian-era J. Jonah Jameson in the episode, telling the world Blood Spider is evil incarnate. :p
Too bad that would require a certain JK Simmons :sweat:.

And it would've been even better if he actually had a Victorian-era accent, which no one else in this universe actually bothered to have :p.

Dragnatek

I think that in Victorian vampire world Conners used vampire DNA along with Lizard DNA to try to restore his arm. Maybe he thought the vampire DNA would allow him to remain human? I don't know this is a man crazy enough to use lizard DNA to regrow an arm and thinks nothing would go wrong. Instead it allowed him to control the vampires and turn them from an annoyance to a huge threat.. Smooth move doctor Conners.

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
This reminds me of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Spidey meeting his alternate universe doppelgangers and trying to collect fragments of an artifact that do different things in different dimensions. The only thing missing is Mysterio. Has he shown up in this show yet?

If it was ever clear how little Peter Parker's secret identity matters on this show, having him and Miles play a video game in his house in full costume while in-full view of the neighborhood probably makes that abundantly apparent :rolleyes:.

I was gonna say. That was just weird.

How did Miles get added to that Superhero fighting game everybody is always playing? Has he really been in this universe long enough to have enough of a presence for the developer to notice him, know he's Kid-Arachnid (ugh) and add him to the roster, presumably as paid DLC? Or did they pester Conners into hacking into the game and adding him in, because that seems like the kind of pointless stuff these characters get up to sometimes o_O?

He's an alternate costume with the same voice clips.

So we have another Peter Parker traveling through the Spider-Verse looking for the Siege Perilous. And he's voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes...

Wait a second, you don't think?

Nah, they'd never do it...

Would they?

That would be amazing. So of course that's not it.

Frontier

Staff member
This reminds me of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Spidey meeting his alternate universe doppelgangers and trying to collect fragments of an artifact that do different things in different dimensions. The only thing missing is Mysterio. Has he shown up in this show yet?
Spider-Verse was actually based on Shattered Dimensions, because the writer of Amazing Spider-Man at the time had worked on the game and wanted to do it in the comics but on a "bigger" scale (to lackluster results).

The only thing it's missing is more original Spider-Man voices :sweat:.

Mysterio is supposedly supposed to be turning up soon, and voiced by Paul Scheer, but I'm beginning to wonder about that...

He's an alternate costume with the same voice clips.
They obviously didn't go the extra mile on that one. People were spoiled by Injustice :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Catch a new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six, tonight at 8:00PM ET on Disney XD! Tune in for the second part of an epic four-part adventure through the Spider-Verse, featuring all-new and all-different alternate versions of Spidey!

qOLVm2s.png
Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six "Return to the Spider-Verse, Part 2"
Episode Debut - September 3rd, 2016
Directed by: Young Ki Yoon
Written by: Kevin Burke & Chris "Doc" Wyatt

Spider-Man and Miles, tracking the missing pieces of the Siege Perilous, travel to a tropical Pirate dimension, where they meet Web Beard, the Spider-Pirate.

* Will Friedle (“Boy Meets World”) guest stars as Spider-Pirate and Seth Green (“Family Guy”) guest stars as Howard the Duck.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Additionally, please use spoiler space when discussing upcoming "Return to the Spider-Verse" installments that have yet to officially debut in the US on Disney XD, Ultimate Spider-Man's home network. Don't ruin it for those checking out these episodes out for the first time! Disciplinary action will be taken if necessary. Let's have fun and enjoy this Ultimate Spider-Man event!

Last edited:

ChessKing

Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six "Return to the Spider-Verse, Part 2"
Directed by: Young Ki Yoon
Written by: Kevin Burke & Chris "Doc" Wyatt

Return to the Spider-Verse, Part 2 was a Good episode, The cartoon world of Webbeard was funny to watch and the western world of Webslinger was the best part of the episode for me, A very interesting Spider-Man to watch also the reveal of who Phantom Rider is under the mask was a surprise, Its not the person from the comics.
Phantom Rider is a cowboy version of Uncle Ben Parker under Ocks control due to the siege perilous fragment

I found a clip for part 4 but its in Japanese:
In the clip you see Spider-Gwen in her civilian identity and you also see her father George Stacy in his office at the police station as a piece of the siege perilous is in the evidence locker and Wolf Spider has Mile's mom as a hostage.

Shall I upload/post the clip even though it is in Japanese?

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'll post some more detailed thoughts later on, but for now I'll say I really enjoyed the Western dimension. Loved just about everything about it - the designs, the story, the names of the characters, that twist towards the end.

I also like how they're not using Wolf Spider in every story, like they did with Goblin last year. Makes for more unique adventures. So I appreciate how they're shaking things up a bit and not following exactly the same pattern as in the first Spider-Verse arc.

Shall I upload/post the clip even though it is in Japanese?

Use the News & Discussion thread if you want to post a clip from the last part. And also use spoiler tags.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm starting to think Marvel should seriously reconsider their idea of re-branding their cartoons with new sub-titles, given how often those sub-titles have nothing to do with what's going on in the show. I mean, this is still "Ultimate Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six," but we haven't seen the Sinister Six since that two-parter a while ago, and they weren't even that big a deal compared to the other stuff that happened. If you're going to pick a sub-title, at least pick one that'll actually be relevant for the entire season :shrug:.

I was surprised Wolf-Spider didn't factor into this episode at all, aside from an off-handed mention by Doc Ock Holiday that he and Phantom Rider had already repelled him before the Spider-Men showed up. On the one hand, it's nice that they're not following the exact same formula as the original Spider-Verse where Spider-Man was constantly fending off the Goblin in each dimension, though it does kinda paint Wolf-Spider as a little less effective an antagonist in my opinion :ack:.

Web-Bead's dimension was definitely a fun-one, as Peter and Miles encountered an alternate version of Star-Lor...I mean, Spider-Man, who's a crazy pirate stuck on an island. Like Spider-Ham's dimension in the original Spider-Verse, this dimension is much more deliberately cartoony, and as such much more comedic and zany, which I thought was handled well. Though the moral of "trusting and listening to each other" that the Spiders imparted on Web-Beard and his crew felt a little tacked on o_O.

Web-Beard felt less like an alternate Spider-Man and more like a certain space outlaw I know, right down to his crew, and there really wasn't that many parallels between this guy and Peter. Aside from the whole crazy pirate thing, he wasn't portrayed as that heroic an individual, and outside his spider mask there wasn't much about him that was really "Spider-y." He didn't really seem like a legit take on a pirate Spider-Man and more like the creators wanting Will Friedle to take his Star-Lord performance and turn it into a loony pirate, which admittedly was quite entertaining :anime:.

Seth Green reprises his role as Howard the Duck from the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, one of the benefits of Green being an active VA in-spite of his semi-celeb status, which was fun. While he wasn't exactly Howard, he still had that same sarcastic, blunt, personality that you would expect from him. Admittedly this was probably one of the more sensible ways of including Howard the Duck in a major role in a Marvel cartoon, though given how silly USM can be, he probably wouldn't feel that out-of-place :sweat:.

I'm kinda surprised, if appreciative, that they brought back Trevor Devall for Rocket's one line, at least Kevin Michael Richardson got to do a few different variations on "I am Groot." Also was nice to see Cosmo, even if he didn't say anything, though a pirate dog with a Russian accent would've been hilarious :p.

If Web-Beard's world was basically the equivalent to Spider-Ham from the original, then Webslinger's dimension is pretty much Spider-Man Noir's dimension with a Western aesthetic. I mean, you've got a reluctant hero Spider-Man who needs to be inspired by our Spidey who reminds him what Uncle Ben stood for, a dimension based around a distinct, older, time period with all the designs and dialogue following suit, and getting to see AU counterparts of people from the main universe ;).

Though I felt that, while the western aesthetic was used well, Webslinger's story and character weren't as well-explored compared to what was done with Spider-Man Noir. It didn't feel like Spidey had made much of, if any, impact on him in what little time they interacted, let alone inspire him to face his fears and save Peter and Miles. Not to mention he didn't even get to finish off Doc Ock Holiday, which felt like a big missed opportunity for Webslinger's character arc :sad:.

Doc Ock as a western bad guy was a nice twist, and it was nice to see Doc back in a major villain role again. No matter the dimension, Ock's got an ego the size of Texas and the technical knowhow to back it up, which gave us a neat contraption that facilitated his traditional metal arms. Too bad that all backfired on him in the end :proud:.

"Arachnid the Kid" actually sounds a lot cooler then Kid-Arachnid :cool:.

I feel like there was a big missed opportunity in not showing Mary Jane as a showgirl in this dimension :D.

I don't know what was more surprising, the Phantom Rider turning out to be an AU Uncle Ben, or Clancy Brown of all people voicing (an) Uncle Ben. It was an interesting twist, though it doesn't really explain how inhumanly strong the Phanotom Rider was. I mean, unless this version of Ben had superpowers, he was still a normal guy shrugging off Spidey and Miles with little effort and even took one of Miles Venom Blast without going down :eek:.

Speaking of that Venom Blast, it can destroy ropes too? What can't it do :rolleyes2:?

I did really like the moment at the end where you saw Uncle Ben console Webslinger while Peter watches on, touching on what it felt like for Peter to see a world where Uncle Ben actually lived and how it effected him. Definitely a good character moment for this arc :)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts