"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Remember that time they basically reduced MJ to Lois Lane status by having her jump into the action in hopes of getting a story for the daily bugle?

Frontier

Staff member
Remember that time they basically reduced MJ to Lois Lane status by having her jump into the action in hopes of getting a story for the daily bugle?
Yeah...She had maybe two episodes dedicated to that in season one and then come season 2 she only makes, like, three appearances with it barely being mentioned ever again. I'm not even sure if it was even mentioned in that episode with The Lizard she was in, and I'm certain her work with the Bugle hasn't been mentioned since the Beetle episode o_O.

It's kinda shocking that, in a Spider-Man cartoon, Peter's only been to the Bugle once and we've never seen Robbie at all. He'd make a good counterpoint to Jameson's constant rantings on a TV screen, but the show doesn't seem to think he needs one :rolleyes:.

It's also kinda sad that Peter's most meaningful female relationships on this show amount to Aunt May and White Tiger, with MJ left in the dust :(.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
In hindsight I can't help but wonder if these Marvel toons would be better received if the same people were involved in DC toons,

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
No it doesn't Spiderman is still being annoyingly cartoonish.

Weird how they're using Whizzer, I guess that's why they used Speed Demon with the Squadron Supreme.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
BTW, Whizzer is voiced by Robert Patrick, best known as the T-1000 in Terminator 2. Nice!

Roxas_Sora

No it doesn't Spiderman is still being annoyingly cartoonish.

Weird how they're using Whizzer, I guess that's why they used Speed Demon with the Squadron Supreme.

That's your opinion, Magmaster12. You think is cartoonish, but I simply see it as trying to compensate very dark and intense moments with cartoon's comedy. I know what is coming for the next episodes, and I assure you, there will be very tense moments in the future where the jokes won't have a chance to appear. So, try to laugh with them while they can happen.

And why the way, there's a chance Whizzer won't be the only "old school" superhero to appear in this series after all. And in the episode with Hyperion's debut, the hologram that it showed the whole Squadron Supreme had their Whizzer, not Speed Demon. I guess they eventually changed it because of this.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
And why the way, there's a chance Whizzer won't be the only "old school" superhero to appear in this series after all.
I mainly find it weird because aside from Bucky, Namor, Cap and Human Torch all of Marvel Golden Age Heroes are either dead or just forgotten. Still I'm really happy to see a fresh take on character that's been missing for years.

Fun Fact Whizzer's been dead in the comics since the early 80's after brief period where they decided that him and Ms.America where Quicksilver's and Scarlet Witch's real parents.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Disney XD has provided initial details on the sole new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man set to debut in August 2015, as seen below.

Ultimate Spider-Man:Web-Warriors
3-18 - "Inhumanity"
08/04/2015 at 8PM

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think Triton was supposed to appear this season (he was on Nick Fury's list of teenage super-heroes), so he'll most likely make his debut in this episode. Wonder which other Inhumans, if any, will appear.

Bit Cloud

Yeah...She had maybe two episodes dedicated to that in season one and then come season 2 she only makes, like, three appearances with it barely being mentioned ever again. I'm not even sure if it was even mentioned in that episode with The Lizard she was in, and I'm certain her work with the Bugle hasn't been mentioned since the Beetle episode o_O.

It's kinda shocking that, in a Spider-Man cartoon, Peter's only been to the Bugle once and we've never seen Robbie at all. He'd make a good counterpoint to Jameson's constant rantings on a TV screen, but the show doesn't seem to think he needs one :rolleyes:.

It's also kinda sad that Peter's most meaningful female relationships on this show amount to Aunt May and White Tiger, with MJ left in the dust :(.

I just had a thought what if MJ becomes the Ultimate DemoGoblin, that would offer a chance for her to finally get some character development and screentime. I really don't want her becoming the Scarlet Spider, that should either be Kaine or Jessica Drew.

TheLemsterPju

Season 4 news:

* Agents Fitz and Simmons will appear, voiced by their actors from Agents of SHIELD.

* Scott Porter will voice the Scarlet Spider

* There will be a return to the Spider-Verse with even more versions of Spidey.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Season 4 news:

* Agents Fitz and Simmons will appear, voiced by their actors from Agents of SHIELD.

- Fitz and Simmons could work on the show, wonder if Coulson will be back too.

- That means Mary Jane won't be Scarlet Spider, unless she'll have a new voice. :p

- That could be fun, though I hope they can come up with a more different story-line this time.

Frontier

Staff member
Fitz and Simmons on USM? Huh. Well, I like the characters, and I'm glad the actors are reprising their roles, but this show is really starting to feel like a SHIELD show at this point o_O.

Scott Porter as Scarlet Spider? So it's definitely not MJ, and could actually be Ben or Kaine...though I'm leaning more towards Kaine, but I think Porter could effectively voice both :cool:.

More AU Spiders? Uh, okay. I kinda got my fill in Spider-Verse, but if they feel like they can do more and better, all power to them. Hopefully we see more of 2099 and Miles at least :).

TFormersMarvel

Marvel Entertainment has officially posted a clip of the Contest of Companions arc of Ultimate Spider-Man "coming this fall" (according the video's description):

Roxas_Sora

I think Triton was supposed to appear this season (he was on Nick Fury's list of teenage super-heroes), so he'll most likely make his debut in this episode. Wonder which other Inhumans, if any, will appear.

Yes, he was in the list. But if you ask me, this is the wrong Inhuman to be used in SHIELD Academy. Since we are talking about teen heroes, the logic option to fulfill this role would be Crystal. By the way, ironically, she's the only member of the Royal Family who won't appear in the episode. (Where the webs she was?).

I just had a thought what if MJ becomes the Ultimate DemoGoblin, that would offer a chance for her to finally get some character development and screentime. I really don't want her becoming the Scarlet Spider, that should either be Kaine or Jessica Drew.

No way, pal. That was one of the stupidest moves in the comics of "Ultimate Spider-Man"; not to mention there was left as a not-solved cliffhanger because it seemed MJ wasn't entirely cured. If I had to guess, in the worst scenario, she could become the animated debut of Scream, the first female symbiote in history.

Season 4 news:

+ I never the "Agents of SHIELD" series, so this doesn't mean anything to me. I wonder if this will eventually lead to a crossover with Daredevil too.

+ Well, no MJ then, although we could still see her as "Spider-Woman". Well, since he's a man, I guess it will be clone of Peter; but I'm not sure which version and why can't Drake Bell doubt it too. I have a feeling that he will be Ben Reilly, but he will use Kaine's costume.

+ I have a few suspictions about new potential Spider-Men. But I will post them later.

They also said Carnage will debut here. They will have to be very careful to avoid too violent scenes. Considering who was Carnage in his first appearance, I would say it will be actually a clone of Spider-Man (like Scarlet Spider), possibly mixing traits of both Kaine and Spider-Cide.

Frontier

Staff member

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
http://www.motdmedia.com/latest-news_articles/comic-con-2015-marvel-animation-panel-annoucements
Yeah, we'll be seeing Carnage appear, which apparently ignores how they already debuted Carnage in season 2 unless the writer or Wacker either forgot or failed to mention that little detail o_O.

I remember when they were hyping Carnage's first appearance and how he'd be a major presence in the season. So much for that :p.
Carnage appeared for five seconds, got bodied with the power of friendship and then was defeated. Yay Ultimate Spiderman season 2 lol.

I hope they use Cletus Kasady, I loved him in 90's Spiderman, he was so awesome at being the psychotic, serial killer we know and expect from Carnage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts