"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Spider-Man swings into action in the exciting Ultimate Spider-Man animated series from Marvel Animation and Disney XD! Now called Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors, the stakes are higher like never before! Use this thread - the ninth installment in this ongoing discussion - to converse about the latest news and rumors for this ultimate animated series.

Sundays on Disney XD.
Ultimate Spider-Man Series Description:
The centerpiece of the Marvel programming block on Disney XD, this animated series from Marvel follows Peter Parker who, as the storyline begins, has been Spider-Man for just one year. He’s fought villains, saved lives, but still has much to learn about being a super-hero. Now, Nick Fury gives Peter the chance to go to the next level — to train to be a real super-hero and become The Ultimate Spider-Man. But before he can do that, Peter will have to learn how to work with a team of fellow teenage super-heroes. The series’ award-winning creative team includes Paul Dini (“Batman: The Animated Series,” “Lost”), the creative powerhouse Man of Action Studios (creators of “Ben 10″ and “Generator Rex”), comprised of lauded creators Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle; and Brian Michael Bendis (visionary behind Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man comic series).

Stay tuned for further updates here and at Toonzone as more new develops! Also check out more content at the Marvel Animation Age Ultimate Spider-Man subsite!

Previous Discussion:
Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part One (Spoilers)
Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Two (Spoilers)
Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Three (Spoilers)
Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Four (Spoilers)
Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Five (Spoilers)
Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Six (Spoilers)
Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Seven (Spoilers)
Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Eight (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

JoeMabbon

The Warrior
An animated Civil War adaptation could happen, there are now enough different heroes to fill out the two opposing sides. However, it would probably have to be a lengthy, possibly season long arc, like Secret Invasion in EMH. The conflict would feel cheap if it was quickly resolved with just a two-parter. Maybe it could be a crossover event that bridges with Hulk and Avengers, like how they did it in the comics.

Personally, I thought the original event was a little lacking and relied too much on portraying the heroes as unreasonable jerks. I've found that a lot of the spinoff material, like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and Mini Marvels, made much better use of the premise. Besides, this universe already seems to have settled on a very pro-Registration interpretation of superheroes anyway. Most of the heroes work very closely with Shield and only a few seem to have secret identities.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I felt the same about Secret Invasion. I enjoyed the EMH version more than the original comic event, which kind of turned me off when heroes started becoming merciless Skrull killers. That's one of the good things about adapting these stories for different mediums, where you can focus on the great parts of the concept, add something else that might be interesting and leave out a ton of baggage. It would take some doing to adapt Civil War without making one of the dividing factions look completely wrong.

Roxas_Sora

Come on, people!! This Sunday, "Web Warriors" starts in USA. Nobody knows where to find a promo about it? Possibly one with images about "Spider-Verse"? And any website with promo images of the spider-characters, like Spider-Girl?

Lamel2g

Web Warriors will be an hourlong premier Sunday Morning on Disney XD according to my guide. Looking forward to the new series.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
USA Today has a new clip from an upcoming episode of Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors featuring Miles Morales, voiced by Donald Glover. Click here to view the clip.

Glad they got Donald Glover as I thought they would, also surprised that they seem to be keeping the Peter dying angle.

bigdaddy313

What would be kool in that episode is, since the show is using Ultimate Nick Fury they should do a switch and have the original Nick Fury in the Ultimate world.

Frontier

Staff member
It's such smart casting that I'm surprised I never once thought of it :sweat:.

That was a pretty fun scene, and Donald Glover does a pretty good Miles, if a little older than how I imagined Mile's voice though I think the writing seems to have him down to pat :D.

I wonder if they're going to show what happened to the Peter Parker of Miles' universe?

So the Big Bad for the animated version Spider-Verse is Green Goblin? It seems like the format for the arc is going to be Spidey chasing Gobby through alternate worlds and having adventures with another Spidey each episode.

Can't wait to see who ends up voicing the other Spider-Men :).

Last edited by a moderator:

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
I knew this was going to happen lol. Meta casting at its finest, though I approve of it in this instance. XD

Roxas_Sora

I wonder if we are going to see something like "Spider-Men" in Miles Morales' world. I mean, I would like to see Aunt May and Mary Jane's reaction of seeing the alternative Peter; as well as discovering their opinions about Peter's life as Spiderman. Not to mention that I would like to see if the Jameson of this world feels guilty after Peter's death.

But you know? This one brings a big problem too. If in Miles Morales' world, everyone knows Peter Parker was Spider-Man after his death, could this mean that the Green Goblin is going to discover Main Spidey's identity too? This surely will bring a lot of troubles for Peter in the future. Although, to be honest, I have been suspecting the Green Goblin discovered Spiderman's secret identity in Season 2 finale. I mean, he "goblined" Spidey's team and put them under their command. So, what stopped them for revealing Spiderman's secret identity in that moment? And the Goglin already suspected it back in "Carnage". This is going to be epic!!!

BigEclipse

Great clip. Love the casting of Glover as Miles. The animation looks beautiful. I'm glad I stuck with this series because this season looks to be a really good one.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
This actually looks awesome, Donald Glover as Morales is almost as good as the dream casting of Tim Curry as Dio Brando, the dialogue is well written and mature, the animation is fluid and responsive, the backgrounds are atmospheric and full of wonder, all in all this feels like that this series is almost gonna be Brave and the Bold good

Alonso Torrejon

If Spider-Girl does appear in any episode, I'd like to hear Tara Strong, Jodi Benson, or Grey DeLisle voice her.

Darth_Cygnus

Nice preview of the Spider-Verse arc. Donald Glover sounds good as Miles.

I´m worried Goblin will find out Pete´s identity too, Roxas_Sora. Too many chances for that during the Spider-Verse.

Ultimate Spider-Man Web Warriors is going to be epic.

Darth Cygnus

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Very cool news! I appreciate that they aren't shying away from Peter's death and they handle it with the appropriate level of gravity it should have. I don't usually get that from this show but it was there in this clip, unencumbered by any distractedly-timed humor. Getting more hopeful for this 3rd season, heard it's been a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts