"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,459 4
177A Bleecker Street
Is the point to stop kids from being confused?
I'd wager that "confusion" is probably just the official statement but I'd imagine that they probably want to keep the brand undiluted or something and keep focus on the new show that they're producing. As far as TSSM goes, I don't think that they even air licensed shows anymore (though I have no idea what the relationship with the Canadian shows are; they seem to treat them like originals). I still don't see what it would have hurt to keep the shows on the late-night blocks as that's not competing with, what I'd hope are, lots of daytime and primetime airings for the current Marvel shows. I think the late-night block attracts lots of older fans, so it is a shame when they put the old fan favorite shows out to pasture.

Dragnatek

Apr 21, 2011
Ratings
Hammond IN
Has Spectacular Spider-Man aired since the botched airing of the finale ? This strategy of theirs does seem strange to me, especially when I look at other networks like Cartoon Network or the Hub where they'll air the previous series while gearing up for the new one. I really just hope that there are some home video releases this year.

Isn't it about time for a real trailer/promo now ? There's just a little over two months until the premiere.
Plenty of times, they had no real place in the schedule for the show but back when they had three episode mini marathons of their shows Spectacular Spider-man would show up every once in a while. I remember this still happening after season two finished airing and that I caught the last episode more then once that way.

But yeah I'm sure we will get real promo's soon. Disney XD generally is not bad with promoting new shows before they air, it's only after the shows don't preform well enough top they show down and eventually stop promoting all together.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
Apr 17, 2007
Ratings
USA
If they're worried about the show getting lower ratings than the reruns then they mustn't have much faith in the show. ;)
Bendis said on Twitter today that people have only told him good things about the USM cartoon. I doubt Bendis would post that unless he had confidence.

W.C.Reaf

Jan 9, 2007
Ratings
UK
Bendis said on Twitter today that people have only told him good things about the USM cartoon. I doubt Bendis would post that unless he had confidence.
I was making a joke on the idea that Disney would think the reruns would somehow do better than USM, not a serious suggestion on the quality of the show.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
Apr 17, 2007
Ratings
USA
On the contrary, BENDIS! waxes enthusiastic about every steaming turd he's polished for the last decade.
He and every other media professional have to do that, though. :sweat: It's very unsporting to call your own work terrible. John Semper doesn't exactly get a lot of work these days because he has criticized the projects he's participated in, for example.

If I were hired by a company to work on a cartoon I'd be waxing enthusiastic about my involvement in the cartoon as well no matter how good or bad the cartoon really was. It's job security. If the cartoon is ill-received, THEN you have the right to criticize the cartoon you worked on.

Mar 21, 2011
Georgia
Does anyone know who Spidey's teammates are. I think i saw in an article he would be teamed up with Power man, white tiger, Iron fist, and Nova and that they would be teens going to his school (still dont like that idea) I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard about his team members.

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
Ratings
The Tardis
Does anyone know who Spidey's teammates are. I think i saw in an article he would be teamed up with Power man, white tiger, Iron fist, and Nova and that they would be teens going to his school (still dont like that idea) I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard about his team members.
Shroud (AKA Kitty Pryde) was on the initial poster. Bendis likes her a lot so I'm guessing she'll be there too.

Apr 13, 2010
Ratings
Puerto Rico
On the contrary, BENDIS! waxes enthusiastic about every steaming turd he's polished for the last decade.

Mod Note: Please try to be a little more discrete.
*Eye roll*

Oh, let it go. Especially since most of his work has been good anyway.

No offence, but if you're not going to be mature about this, why post in this thread? You've mentioned your opinion on Bendis before, we get it.

I have no problem with this move. Why show TSSM if you don't own it.
Pretty sure they can't air it anyway. After all, the only old Marvel shows they rerun are the ones marvel currently owns

Anyway, it doesn't have anything to do with kids being confused, since the Spider-Man:TAS reruns aired at 12:00 am. You know, when most kids would be sleeping

Going by the NYCC trailer, we can only say White Tiger(Ava Ayala), Power Man and Iron Fist.

I think Nova would be more of a guest appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 21, 2011
Georgia
Going by the NYCC trailer, we can only say White Tiger(Ava Ayala), Power Man and Iron Fist.

I think Nova would be more of a guest appearance.
Here's the link to the article that says Nova is on the team http://tv.blogs.starnewsonline.com/14072/nova-getting-animated-on-new-ultimate-spider-man-animated-series/

I also remember that clark gregg said in an interview that his character would be set up on a date with aunt may in an episode by the team. That actually sounds kind of funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!
Iron Man: Armored Adventures is one of the most thrilling cartoons ever made.
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?