"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 12 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,825 9
You know that little announcement at the end where they encourage you to watch/subscribe? The voice used was not of Tom Kenny's Doc Ock from this series, but instead was Scott Menville's Doc Ock due to advertising Marvel's Spiderman.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,717 47
Sherman Oaks CA
You know that little announcement at the end where they encourage you to watch/subscribe? The voice used was not of Tom Kenny's Doc Ock from this series, but instead was Scott Menville's Doc Ock due to advertising Marvel's Spiderman.
Kind of surprised they didn't have Robbie Daymond do it as his Spider-Man, although I guess they're technically the same person now :p.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,717 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Say whatever you want about Ultimate Spider-Man, but its animation was actually pretty decent (at least in its first season).

Can't say the same for Spider-Man 2K17 however... (Not bashing the show btw!)
I will say Ultimate Spider-Man, visually, was probably the best-looking Marvel cartoon of the Loeb/Wacker era, unsurprisingly given it was the only show that wasn't animated in-house.

Even as someone who enjoys the show I will freely admit that Marvel's Spider-Man is probably the cheapest looking of the Spider-Man cartoons of the modern era.