tz/AS Battle of the Brackets Final Match- DuckTales (2017) vs Batman Beyond!!

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
This is the voting thread for the final round of the Toonzone's 2020 "Battle of the Brackets" !

Voting is simple: Just post which of the two contestants of the day you find to be more awesome! Please, no editing your posts, once your vote is cast, help simplify things for me and don't change it. So be sure you are certain which one you want to vote for when you post! Feel free to debate it amongst yourselves for a while before casting your votes, but remember: you only have 48 hours to vote!

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
On one corner, we have the winner of Warner's side, a futuristic take on an iconic super hero, done with respect and a unique style that'll stay fresh well past 2039:

Batman Beyond!

Last edited by a moderator:

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
On the other, we have an instantly beloved and undeniably entertaining new spin on the characters and world brought to life by Carl Barks:

DuckTales (2017)!

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Remember, you have 48 hours! Please feel free to check out DuckTales on Disney+, or Batman Beyond on DC Universe if you want a refresher.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'm siding with Ducktales (2017). If Batman Beyond wins, however, I'll accept it. These are BOTH shows everyone should give a fair chance, honestly.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
It's about time Terry McGinnis joins the Toonzone Battle of the Brackets Winners Club where his mentor is. My vote goes to Batman Beyond. Nothing personnel, Scrooge.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The new DuckTales show is also pretty cool, and I enjoy it for the most part, but I'll stick with Batman Beyond. It's just cooler show overall, I guess. And I think still holds up pretty well even if it's already two decades old.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I'll go ahead and vote for "Batman Beyond". It would argue it's premiere was when Kids WB reached the peak of it's creativity, at least for action cartoons. Not just cranking out typical 90's action cartoons (like Road Rovers) not just extending Batman the Animated Series (aka "The New Batman Adventures"), but creating something new and iconic.

I don't mind if Ducktales 2017 wins, but it does feel a bit too "new" to deserve winning as "Best of Warner Bros. / Disney TV cartoons"....but I hear it's a good show.

Now if it was ORIGINAL DuckTales in the final battle of the tournament....well, that'd be very, very difficult, for me to decide....

Light Lucario

Staff member
As much as I like both series, I'm going to vote for Batman Beyond. It was such a great show and I'm still impressed that they made the premise work as well as it did. The fights were good, there were a lot of great moments and episodes and it had a couple of really satisfying conclusions. Terry didn't feel like just another Bruce Wayne, but a different take on the Batman character, which helped to make him feel refreshing and unique. It was one of the highlights from Kids' WB, easily one of the best DCAU series out there and it still holds up extremely well for being set in a futuristic Gotham.

I like DuckTales 2017. While I still think it might be a bit over hyped, it isn't hard to see why people like it. It's fun, gave some new life to most of the cast, has some good humor and there have been some really good emotional moments. It is a solid show, but I think Batman Beyond is the stronger of the two series. Although, it does help that it reached its conclusions years ago while DuckTales is still on-going. If both series were completed, this might be a more difficult decision, but I really like Batman Beyond and I have some nostalgic fondness for the series, so I'm fine with giving my vote to Batman Beyond.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Final Day of voting!!

One last chance to vote in the final match in the "Battle of the Brackets!"

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I think it's safe to call it. We have a winner, and another addition to our unofficial toonzone hall of fame.

Batman Beyond is the winner of the tournament!

Nothing but love and reverence to DuckTales 2.0, though, which steamrolled through the rest of its competition. Maybe when we get around to the best of the 2010's, it will reign supreme. Add Gravity Falls and Animaniacs in for the final four, and we had a good bracket this year!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts