TZ/AS 2021 Battle of the Brackets Final Match- Avatar: The Last Airbender vs Ed Edd n Eddy

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Please feel free to reacquaint yourself with both shows. Avatar is available on Netflix and Paramount+, while Ed, Edd n' Eddy is on HBO Max. You may surprise yourself on how either series hold up.

Both of these are among the most beloved cartoons of the past 25-30 years, if not all time. Which do you think deserves to win?

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I liked Avatar TLA so much more, honestly.....
I'm not in a hurry to revisit either, however. I've got other shows to watch, now - Like Amphibia & Final Space, this weekend, for example.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Oh yes, we enter the big one!

My final vote goes to Avatar! Without a doubt the best Nickelodeon show ever!

StorytellerMJ5

I'm really shocked that the Eds were able to beat the PPG, but I'm extremely happy about it.

For this match, there are very few shows that I would vote for over Avatar. Honestly there are only two that I would no doubt vote for over Avatar. There may be others but I would have to give it some thought like BTAS or Animaniacs. Bob's Burgers and Ed Edd n Eddy are the only two where I don't have to give it any thought at all. Those are my two favorite animated series of all time. So, of course my vote goes to Ed Edd n Eddy.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I am such a Cartoon Network fan and don't care that much for Nickelodeon, but PPG is so meh. I liked it as a child, but now it's just meh. Ed Edd n Eddy... I used to like it as well but I can't stand it anymore. The characters are all so terrible.

So am voting for Nickelodeon in this case. Unbelievable. Avatar gets my vote. Great plot, great characters, great action. I don't mind it winning this contest.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Maybe it's in poor taste to abstain from voting in the final round, but I am content with Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy and Avatar: The Last Airbender winning the Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon conferences respectively, and I think I'll leave it at that.

Dr.Pepper

Ed Edd n Eddy. It’s my favorite cartoon so nothing is going to beat it in my mind. Avatar is good too, so I won’t be too disappointed if Ed’s lost.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm definitely voting for Avatar The Last Airbender. It was such a great show and it's easily one of the best animated series out there.

I'm still kind of of surprised with how well received Ed, Edd n' Eddy is to make it this far in the tournament. I never found the appeal myself, but based on that video, the creator seems like a pretty nice fellow at least, so that's neat.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
They're both my favorite shows from their respective networks, but only one of them is in my Top 5 shows of all time.

My final vote goes to Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Last edited:

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Since it looks like a tiebreaker may be needed (and since I'm not the person running the main tournament, just a participant, like Darklordavaitor was in prior years when I ran the tournament), I'll cast my vote:

I really admire what "Avatar" did for Nickelodeon (and for action cartoons), but I wasn't into Nickelodeon for those years (the late 2000's).....but I'll vote for "Ed Edd n Eddy".

I admit I initially didn't care for the show in 2000 (I didn't really have CN in 1999), but around 2002, the show started to grow on me....maybe partially because I loved this music video from that year:

Also, I came to fully respect "Ed Edd n Eddy" as the longest running (and the last) of the "Cartoon Cartoons", When all the other Cartoon Network shows had been cancelled, this one lasted all the way until the "Big Picture Show" in late 2009. It's strange longevity fueled it's love among fans. I'm not surprised it beat out "Powerpuff Girls" for that reason.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts