TZ/AS 2020 Battle of the Brackets- Rabbit Conference Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Batman Beyond for me, too. Though Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. is a really great show, I seem to be voting against it in these last few matches.

StorytellerMJ5

Once again Scooby is down 5-0.

My vote goes to Scooby-Doo. Batman Beyond is a great show though.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
I'm fine with either winning, but I am once again voting for Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Make that 6 - 4 for what I'm standing by (Batman Beyond), please and thank you very much.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
This is another tough call.

Of the 4 Warner Bros. cartoons in this, the "Semi-Finals" thread (Teen Titans, Animaniacs, Batman Beyond, Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated), I'd be happy to see any one of them advance to the final match.

Between the two current contenders, I guess I'll have to give it to Batman Beyond. It's just....so much more than a superhero show - it's Cyberpunk, it's a little Dystopian, it's got several episodes that have a horror element to them.

Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated surpasses it's original genre as well, but I'm giving this one to Batman Beyond.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Batman Beyond. Has to think about this one a bit. While I didn't mind the format MI had, I just think between the two, I can better re-watch what my vote is for.

Light Lucario

Staff member
This is another really tough match for me, but I think I'll vote for Batman Beyond. It's such a great superhero show and it's kind of a refreshing take on Batman too. They made the premise of a teenage Batman work, they showed more of what the future of Gotham and Bruce Wayne would be in the DCAU, there were so many great episodes and it had a pretty solid finale. It's easily one of the best shows in the DCAU.

I really like Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated though. It made Scooby and the gang far more interesting than they've ever been, before or afterwards for that matter, and it was pretty unexpected. It was fun, had an engaging overall mystery and reached a satisfying conclusion. I think a big factor in Batman Beyond's favor is that that I do have more emotional fondness for that series compared to this one. I'd be fine with either series winning, but I'll stick with Batman Beyond.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Both of these shows are all-timers, as far as I'm concerned. Batman Beyond took a concept that probably shouldn't have worked, and made a near-perfect coda to Bruce Wayne's legacy while also giving us an equally likable new Batman; while Mystery Incorporated gave us a Scooby-Doo series on par or superior to anything they've done, with legitimate moments of terror, peril, and character development along with some of the sharpest humor they've had to spare.

I could have seen this go either way, but it seems like tonight, Terry McGinnis wins. Will he join his mentor's place in toonzone history, though?

Batman Beyond makes it to the final four, which will begin in a moment!

Last edited by a moderator:

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Just like previous weekend matches, you have 48 hours to vote. Please feel free to get reacquainted with either series if you have time. Animaniacs should still be on Hulu, and you should be able to watch Batman Beyond on DC Universe.

Now watch and vote!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts