TZ/AS 2020 Battle of the Brackets- Mouse Conference Semi-Finals

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJLeeTeam

Keldeo is best Pony
Sep 9, 2018
USA
Gravity Falls for being the show that got me back into Disney TV Animation and for starting a renaissance of other Disney Channel/XD cartoons.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
Gravity Falls - standing by the show that hooked me in, even if its first season was rather mediocre, and the show only really got truly good in S2, IMHO.

P&F was only good to me for Perry and Doof's antics and not much else, which is why I barely revisit it, now. Said it before, saying it loud and proud again.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
pinkielopbun.carrd.co
This was the toughest one for me yet. Phineas and Ferb was my favorite thing about a decade ago, then Gravity Falls came out and it was the only thing that could rival it in my book. I still love them both, but I'm going with Gravity Falls.

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO
Compared to the Warner Bros. thread, we're now down to 4 contenders in this, the Disney "Semi-Finals" thread, all 4 of which I don't feel super strongly about.

I mean, I respect all 4, but....I'm more "Kim Possible" and "Disney Afternoon" and "Star Wars" than I was "One Saturday Morning" and the current generation of cartoons than what have appeared since "Phineas and Ferb".

For this match, I'll vote "Phineas & Ferb." At least I've seen more of it, and I see the popularity. Arguably, without the success of "Phineas & Ferb", would we even have "Gravity Falls", "Wonder over Yonder", "Ducktales 2017" and the rest?

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I fully expected that these two series would eventually go up against each other in this tournament. It's a tough call and I'd be fine with either show winning, but I'll go with Gravity Falls. It's just a really good series that creates an engaging mystery, likable character and some pretty solid humor. It isn't perfect by any means, but it was fun and I can see why it still has such a strong following.

Phineas and Ferb is a great show too. It's arguably the biggest animated show that Disney Channel has put out in the past decade or so. It's formulaic, but it embraces that formula and it can be quite fun and entertaining. Most of the specials were really great too from what I remember. Both series are good, but I think Gravity Falls is the stronger of the two shows, so that gets my vote.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Apr 23, 2007
In the now, man
animrevelation.web44.net
I'll be completely honest- I'm not a Phineas and Ferb fan. I just never clicked with the show, and I'd rather leave it at that for now. But that doesn't matter, as it did click for many, who gravitated towards its playful humor, catchy music, and knowing repetition. Sometimes a hit is a hit, and you gotta respect it.

I mainly respect the show for helping to bring Disney's television animation back from a dry period. The studio was making good and interesting shows during the 2000's, but they weren't thriving the way they did a decade or so ago. Without the success of Phineas & Ferb proving that there's still a demand for Disney to make animated series, we may not have gotten Gravity Falls. Or it wouldn't have thrived the way it has, becoming one of the most iconic and beloved animated programs of the 2010's, if not all time. Its win was well-deserved.

Gravity Falls makes it to the final four, which will begin shortly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

After all the fame and glory,
Lord & Miller are finally going back to Clone High
And the winner of this matchup is Let's Go Luna, which got 2 votes. Bear In The Big Blue House got nothing. The last matchup for round 2 is between Wow Wow Wubbzy and TOTS.

CHOWDER YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO THE FORCE
Just got "Star Wars Episode 1 Racer" for the Nintendo Switch, and I'm drinking in the Nintendo 64 nostalgia. Played this game a lot 20 years ago.