TV Life stuff

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The one thing I liked was the ad for KPTV's "Home" and the comment to the picture was that it was the ch. 27-era equivalent of "Better", since both show titles have just one word.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I realize now it's a guide for only two channels. And sometimes they aired the same thing (the same sports game).

And no Thanksgiving Parade coverage yet? I thought they would've started that by now.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I realize now it's a guide for only two channels. And sometimes they aired the same thing (the same sports game).

And no Thanksgiving Parade coverage yet? I thought they would've started that by now.
This was around two years before KGW began broadcasting. I assume that airing the same game was because of the limitations of television in some regions at the time.

The absence of the parade must be due to distance issues, this was around the the Bing Crosby's shows started to air on timezone delays to the rest of the country.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
You don't know what Junior Achievement is? They still have it. It's still what the ad said -- a school program that teaches children about business.

The name "soap opera" didn't exist yet, so they called them "dramatic serials." They ended up being called soap operas because they were sponsored by soap.

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
I just got home from the flea market. Part 8 will be especially interesting for those wondering where TV Guide is in Portland. I'll start on these soon. I have to play Mario Is Missing for the NES, which I also got at said flea market.

Chris

Part 8 is not the final part. Turns out there were a couple of these on eBay. So I bought them. So there should be new parts soon.

Chris

Here's another part. I have a Christmas issue, so there will be at least a part 11: The Christmas Edition. But for now, enjoy part 10.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
From what I hear, CRT repair is a lost skill (or maybe it was just simpler then). Eventually there won't be any working ones.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Here's another part. I have a Christmas issue, so there will be at least a part 11: The Christmas Edition. But for now, enjoy part 10.
Interesting to see that the magazine had "live" as a quoted word.

Reminds me of Singapore. For some mad reason, they always write "live" in the media sense as 'live'. As if it wasn't actually live on air.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts