TV Life stuff

Latest News & Videos

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
Sep 15, 2006
Salem, OR.
www.atari2600land.com
Inspired by the Lost Art of TV Guide advertising, I thought I'd do something of my own, but instead of the '80s and '90s, I thought I'd go back further to 1954. If people like this, I'll make more, so if you want me to delve into my other issues, just say so!
TV Life - Part 1

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Not sure how far out of Portland this will gain interest, but I found that really fascinating. Can you get me a higher-resolution scan of that Dave Garroway ad? I sometimes slip really old kitschy ads into BANG where real ad space isn't sold.

Kung-Fu Yoshi

Mar 22, 2014
I liked the TV Life thing. Was it a national or local magazine? And was Space Patrol a local program?

Hopefully episodes exist somewhere...

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
Sep 15, 2006
Salem, OR.
www.atari2600land.com
Well, phone numbers back then had a prefix which was two letters, usually uppercase, like, for example, JUdson 4747. You would dial the J (number 5) then U (number 8) and then the four digits.

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
So many repairmen. Were TVs so cheaply made that they were breaking this fast? None of the tubes in the area could be that old.

You likely already know that until the 1980's it was common practice to rename network shows that entered syndication.

"Pig'n Bun." What an awesome name for a restaurant. I wonder if it morphed into Pig'n Pancake.