Tuca and Bertie.

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

VG_Addict

Mar 28, 2013
A new Netflix cartoon premiered today. It's from a lady who worked on Bojack.

Have you watched it? What did you think?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I haven't watched it yet. Look out for one of the men. One of them is probably based on Adam Conover, Lisa Hanawalt's boyfriend.

Radiant97

#ReleaseTheKraken
Feb 3, 2018
The Deep End
It's been a week and no one has said anything about this show? Damn. Anyway, I've seen the first 7 episodes. While the humor can get too weird and outlandish even for me, I can appreciate its cartoony feel and attention to detail. The characters are fun, too. Bertie is my favorite mainly because of Ali Wong's adorable voice acting. Story-wise, it does look like they're setting up something big, so I can't wait till I can watch the rest of the show over the weekend.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
I need to watch more than the first 2 episodes, but it is actually good at being more than just another animated sitcom, so there's that.

Also, the comparisons to Bojack Horseman are just dumb and need to go away, already (it's like comparing MLP:FIM and LPS (2012) for me and calling one a ripoff of another... STUPID BEYOND BELIEF.)!

Last edited:

Radiant97

#ReleaseTheKraken
Feb 3, 2018
The Deep End
It's been a week and no one has said anything about this show? Damn. Anyway, I've seen the first 7 episodes. While the humor can get too weird and outlandish even for me, I can appreciate its cartoony feel and attention to detail. The characters are fun, too. Bertie is my favorite mainly because of Ali Wong's adorable voice acting. Story-wise, it does look like they're setting up something big, so I can't wait till I can watch the rest of the show over the weekend.
Just finished it yesterday, and I really liked it. They fleshed out the two main characters pretty well as the show went along. Here, we see that Tuca has attachment issues due to her mother's untimely death and lack of a parental figure to replace her, whereas Bertie has to cope with the psychological effects of the sexual harassment she experienced as a kid, and the show is not afraid to show just how bad these factors affected them, especially Bertie. I expect the show to delve deeper into Tuca's problems if there is a season two, which I hope there is, because I really enjoyed the characters and the crazy, random world they live in.
Also, the comparisons to Bojack Horseman are just dumb and need to go away
They are and they should. Sure, the two shows share some similiarities, but this show does try to be its own thing and succeeds in some ways.

Reactions: Zanneck

Radiant97

#ReleaseTheKraken
Feb 3, 2018
The Deep End
Disappointed, but not surprised. There just wasn't enough buzz surrounding the show. Perhaps people thought that the show was just a Bojack knockoff based on the trailer? It's not fair but even I thought that trailer was a bad first impression. Such a shame that not a lot of people gave it a chance after the fact. Hell, no one even talks about it on this forum.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
This is quite a shock, especially for Netflix. I figured it would at least get a second season.
The show itself was interesting, but for me it just wasn’t captivating enough to watch past the third episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
I admit that I almost didn't watch beoynd the first episode, since it was just fast-paced "randomness for the sake of randomness", which fell really flat for me. For the show's credit, it calms down considerably from the second episode forward and while the humor still comes from random wackiness, it's more grounded to the characters and issues they go through. I'm glad that I gave the show a second chance, but first impressions are everything, and I can't blame anyone who called it quits after the first episode.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
...And to think I actually liked this show, unlike Bojack Horseman, which didn't do much for me, honestly.

The good ones always gotta die young... UGH. GODSPEED, you crazy birds!

TheJLeeTeam

Keldeo is best Pony
Sep 9, 2018
USA
So what exactly is the situation with this show? It got cancelled after 2 months and like Wander there was a huge movement to save the show.

I only saw one episode and I’m not sure if I like it though I’m not into Bojack either.

Kevin Mo

orangemo
That's incredible! Once again Adult Swim comes in clutch for unappreciated cult cartoons.
I hope the content won't have to be toned down too much due to the transition from streaming to cable.
The only change would likely be the f-word would be censored. Also, in cable you can technically say anything you want. The companies just choose not to.

Also I haven't seen this show yet at all so I'll likely have to check it out now that it has been saved.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
pinkielopbun.carrd.co
There's now a thread for this on the Adult Swim board, so let's move discussion of this to there.

Status
Not open for further replies.