Trying to find a specific classic cartoon compilation/anthology series.

Latest News

SaneMan

Nov 13, 2012
Ratings
1,174 4 3
Slovak Republic
I em not certain if this is the appropriate board for this, but I figured people here would keep the best track of re-releases and re-packagings of classic cartoons.

So to the point. Back in the early 90s, I remember a series of VHS tapes at my local (now no longer existing) video rental store.
Each tape in the series contained a collection of 1940s and 1950s animated shorts, with an added animated wrap-around.
From the research I did, the animated shorts were most likely by Famous Studios, as a few of the shorts featured Casper the Friendly Ghost and Baby Huey, alto the vast majority of the shorts were one-offs (there was for example a one-off story about a mouse trying to tie a bell around a cat's neck)
The wrap-around segment was allot more modern. From tthe style I'd assume early 1990s or late 1980s. It was about a ship captain (maybe a pirate, can't remember exactly) who got stranded on a deserted island, and is now watching cartoons while wairing for someone to rescue him. If I remember correctly, his name was "Captain Joe."
Till this day I have the theme-song stuck in my head, and I need closure.