Troy's Artwork

Troy Troodon

Nice form and poses with the character, Troy.

I know you didn't mention this in your inspirations for her, but Roundhouser kinda reminds me of T.J. Combo from Killer Instinct. With those big, beefy arms, I bet she could pull off some crazy high Killer Instinct-level uppercuts.

Yeah, she's practically... or literally a knockout! Now that you mention TJ, I suppose I could replace the boxing gloves with regular mixed martial arts gloves.

Troy Troodon

Some more concept art for Roundhouser.

Roundhouser_concepts.png

roundhouser2.png

roundhouser_prog.png

While I do think it's a bit cartoonish... or okay, definitely cartoonish, part of me still likes the inclusion of boxing gloves as one of her primary weapons, if not THE primary weapons.

Anyway, I'm having some bit of trouble figuring out what other characters I could add to the roster. I'd like to add some more hard hitters, definitely more male ones particularly, any ideas? And what other weapons should this character use besides boxing gloves?

Troy Troodon

julias___hilda_style_by_troyodon-dcq8sn6.jpg

Just watched the first few episodes of Hilda on Netflix (but I still got a load of other shows to catch up on _) and I'm really enjoying it. It's basically the British-Canadian equivalent to Gravity Galls and Over the Garden Wall; so I opted to draw my original character Julias in his civilian form in that style. I don't know why though, but I feel the background seems to take up more visual attention than my actual character does. :/

Attachments

• julias___hilda_style_by_troyodon-dcq8sn6.jpg
    julias___hilda_style_by_troyodon-dcq8sn6.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Troy Troodon

character_design___zoe_by_troyodon-dcqbn1g.jpg

This is Zoe, a young girl who loves going on weird, fantastical adventures, I use her for my animation projects. She's also a prodigy to Julias, when he found out about his alias as "Peace." She intended to be a half-Asian, but I didn't quite know which Asian ethnic background to go with; Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean maybe?! What do you think I should go with?!

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
View attachment 205192

This is Zoe, a young girl who loves going on weird, fantastical adventures, I use her for my animation projects. She's also a prodigy to Julias, when he found out about his alias as "Peace." She intended to be a half-Asian, but I didn't quite know which Asian ethnic background to go with; Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean maybe?! What do you think I should go with?!

Hmm, you could try and do some research on these ethnic cultures and see which one would be more fitting as the character's background. A character's background can give some insight on that character.

Troy Troodon

domestic_elephant_breeds_by_troyodon-dcrexfx.png

Imagine if we actually domesticated elephants, the same way we domesticated cattle, horses, or pigs; yeah the idea is far fetched for several reasons but suppose if we ever did such a thing, ever wondered what breeds we may have gotten from that?! And for what purposes?! Would they be beasts of war? Livestock for meat, (as well as ivory) or even kept as service animals or pets?!

Here are some models I came up with so far; one of them of course would be a war elephant, but a couple others here would be bred as draft animals like oxen or cart horses. In fact I thought some of them would actually be hairier than wild elephants in Africa, Southeast Asia and the Indian-Sub Continent, should Europeans and Central and Northern Asian cultures make use of them; and they'd be somewhat more colorful as well. I also thought I'd experiment with ear shape as well, as part of "domestication syndrome" if you will.

I may do another set in the future.

So tell me what you think so far. What are your thoughts on these breeds, and what other breed should I make up?

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Domesticated elephants? That's a new one. The cart-pulling one and the hairy one are my favorite. The hairy one in particular because I can see a beast like that being put to use in colder environments or even shorn to make clothing.

Knowing how many breeds a single domesticated species can have, the possibilities of domesticated elephant breeds are endless!

An elephant bred for ivory would have large tusks. Maybe even mammoth sized ones. Small, pygmy elephants could be bred even smaller for those who want a little elephant for a pet or service animal, kind of how there are mini horses.

Outside of war elephants, I think a domesticated elephant would be bred to be more docile. Elephants are crazy strong and a rampaging elephant is no joke.

Troy Troodon

My first complete sketch of Bilbo Bagins, as part of my Middle-Earth illustrations, including The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. I tried to not make him look like the Martin Freeman character from the live-action film trilogy, but I think I failed there. I sort of gave it a Disney/Chuck Jones mix inadvertantly.

Troy Troodon

Inspired by some recent work by Shgurr, and her newest video series "Draw My Life."

Actually since my recent course on Strange Loops in Mathematics, I have come to learn the paradox that there is more than one definitive self for every person, in that we live in our own realities with our various different selves as people. It's sort of automatic when it comes to how we percieve things based on our own experiences and relations.

Both of those reason are why I drew this, because there's always a part of me that's never consistent with how I am as a person, one is optimistic and looking forward to his dream career(s) another is mentally and physically disturbed and any semblence of hope.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts