Trollhunters: Rise Of The Titans Movie (News And Discussion Thread)

SweetShop209

Today it was announced that we're getting a Trollhunters movie coming to Netflix next year. It's called Trollhunters: Rise Of The Titans . You can read more about it here.

AdrenalineRush1996

Given the fact that Wizards ended with a sequel hook and confirming that the miniseries isn't the finale, I can't wait to see it next year. The confirmation also explains why Aja, Eli and Vex were absent in Wizards despite official info confirming that they would show up.

Dudley

Staff member
Really glad we’re getting this movie. With Wizards being as short as it is, not to mention ended up being delayed, I can’t help but feel this was all a change in plans.
But I look forward for the movie to really bring everyone together. For real this time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_joker

I'm not too sure why this was announced only a little after Wizards got released because it would've been a surprise no matter when it got announced. I haven't watched Wizards yet, but I did read that the Akiridions weren't in the show, and I'm not sure why the Akiridions' absence in Wizards couldn't be announced sooner as plans do change over time. I guess the bottom line is that I don't really understand how they decide how and when to announce things. This also makes me wonder how Netflix decides the length of its own shows since Wizards is so noticeably shorter than the preceding shows.

I still would've preferred a show exploring the lore between the trolls and Akiridions, but I hope the movie will do enough in that regard.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

I hope in this movie the supporting citizen characters actually get to step up and do something.
I could actually see them doing a homage to the famous "I am Spartacus' scene from Spartacus or that moment from Power Rangers in Space in which civilians declare themselves Power Rangers in order to take down the villains.
I'm not too sure why this was announced only a little after Wizards got released because it would've been a surprise no matter when it got announced.
Yeah, it was definitely unexpected though in hindsight, Aja, Vex and Eli's VA in the official prerelease info for Wizards was likely to avoid leaking details for the film and to give the impression that Wizards was indeed the finale of the saga.

zoombie

Speaking of the villains, the villains are going to be the Arcadia Order, is just me or do I see the three of them like a family. The two parents and their daughter, and the daughter saw the light and rebelled against them.

AdrenalineRush1996

Speaking of the villains, the villains are going to be the Arcadia Order, is just me or do I see the three of them like a family. The two parents and their daughter, and the daughter saw the light and rebelled against them.
Arcane Order, actually and I see them as siblings than as parents with their daughter.

Dudley

Staff member
I could actually see them doing a homage to the famous "I am Spartacus' scene from Spartacus or that moment from Power Rangers in Space in which civilians declare themselves Power Rangers in order to take down the villains.

They kind of did that when the citizens banded together to protect Aja and Krel from Colonel Kubritz.

It’ll be nice if they do something like that again, but on a bigger scale.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
At last, something that was needed: A DreamWorks Animation movie made exclusively for Netflix.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I'm guessing the fact it's based on a TV show is the reason why.
Exactly.

Also, with this movie happening, DreamWorks should also make their upcoming Spirit Riding Free movie a Netflix original film. This should allow Croods 2 to take Spirit's current release date, since I am doubting that the former film will make its current date this December.

AdrenalineRush1996

Also, with this movie happening, Dreamworks should also make their upcoming Spirit Riding Free movie a Netflix original film. This should allow Croods 2 to take Spirit's current release date, since I am doubting that the former film will make its current date this December.
Except the difference between the Spirit Riding Free film and Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans is that the former was always intended for a theatrical release and that the latter was intended for a streaming release. Also, I could see DWA postpone both the Spirit Riding Free film and Croods 2 to next year.

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Except the difference between the Spirit Riding Free film and Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans is that the former was always intended for a theatrical release and that the latter was intended for a theatrical release. Also, I could see DWA postpone both the Spirit Riding Free film and Croods 2 to next year.
Don't you mean that "Rise of the Titans wasn't intended for a theatrical release"? Also, the Spirit Riding Free film is already scheduled to come out next year.

Dudley

Staff member
Hopefully, the movie will make up for how rushed and short Wizards felt. I’m convinced that Wizards got jilted from having a second season, just so this movie could be made.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

youtube Nickelodeon uploaded Young Dylan - Natural Beauty episode

youtube NickRewind streaming currently: iCarly - iGoodbye
Damn! A lot of exiting Nintendo E3 announcement today.
"Atlantis: The Lost Empire" is 20 years old today.
although i'm disappointed there wasn't an update on Metroid Prime 4. But a sequel to Metroid Fushion is coming.

Maybe it's time for me to get back with Nintendo after 11-12 years
At 18:00 CET, the Euro 2020 match between Hungary and Portugal will begin, and I'll watch it. I designed a special avatar for it in the morning.

I will revert to the "lovely" avatar tomorrow.

Featured Posts