[Treasure Boxed] C&C - "Witch Hunter Robin" - Week One [2/17 - 2/20]

Anarky

Team Conan
lord dalek said:
Be warned, the first 10 episodes move as slow as slugs in the sahara.
so true. i recorded week one and watched them yesterday.
there's alot o dialogue nd dead air...and usually only the one pay-off scene.

i guess i'm action-spoiled, some of my fave programs are JL, SJ, TT, TMNT, DCAU, Spidey, etc...

the characters are animated in a very docile manner, making it even moree difficult for the VAs to emote more life into them. The characters on Cowboy Bebop had personality, allowing the VAs to really act. Hopefully, the characters on Witch Hunter Robin will show some life and not act so comatose.

BTW: those ravens/crows must be an omen of a looming threat. Must be some uber witch out there looking to cause trouble for the STNT (what does that mean anyway?) supernatural tactical & neutralization team?

Anime Guy

grunge music enthusiast
Anarky said:
BTW: those ravens/crows must be an omen of a looming threat. Must be some uber witch out there looking to cause trouble for the STNT (what does that mean anyway?) supernatural tactical & neutralization team?
I know the J in STNJ stands for Japan, but I'm not sure about STN. I do know that the STN is the whole witch hunting organization and that the other parts of the STN kill witches while STNJ doesn't.

Swordfish_II

According to Bandai's WHR site, STN is just stands for Solomon.

However, someone on the AS boards mentioned that STN-J stands for SOLOMON Toukatsu Nin'idantai (Solomon Executive Organization) - Japan.

lostrune

Detective Rachel
Temple Fugate said:
lostrune said:
I heard when she summons her power, her eye-lens contract and that little flame thing manifests in her eyes, making her lose focus.
When you "stop down" any lens (be it for an eye or a camera), it actually brings images into BETTER focus.

Thanks, I just realized that afterwards. Still, something that could make her eye-lens lose focus anyways.

Temple Fugate said:
This isn't to say that a very similar hypothesis can't be rendered. The "flame thing" might have something to do with it, although if it's actually manifesting in her eyes she'd be completely blinded by it.

Well, like I said, she couldn't even hit a stationary target 10 ft from her. She could be as "blind" as Dexter (the laboratory kid). :D

Temple Fugate said:
There must be some other physical or magical factor that causes her eyesight to lose focus while using her powers. Perhaps the amount of concentration required to create fire distracts her senses, causing her to lose fine control of her eyes? Or did the writers just say "Let's give Robin a weakness so she can wear killer glasses."? :cool:

Well, I wasn't gonna bring this up, but you reminded me of it....

Since this series involves magic, maybe it's kinda like that "myth".... y'know, where they say when you... uh, do "it"... you go blind. ;) :D
"It" being "spanking the clown."

But in WHR's case, it's starting the fire... although that still doesn't preclude "it" too, since y'know "it" requires a "heat" of passion. Get it? Haha, bad pun. :D

Artimus Gigan said:
Come Monday, this week really shows how good this series is, with episodes like "Faith" premiereing, not to mention some very interesting antagonists that appear, it will be a good watching...

While that's your opinion, everybody else has to make their own. So you say since Monday is the start of the true series, if some viewers still don't find it to be good watching, then would you say that they should just give it up?

Just asking.

saladdays

Caught in the under-toe
lostrune said:
While that's your opinion, everybody else has to make their own. So you say since Monday is the start of the true series, if some viewers still don't find it to be good watching, then would you say that they should just give it up?

Just asking.
I think if by then people didn't like something about WHR, then those people would probably stop watching on their own. No need for anyone to tell them to stop watching. Besides, there are still episodes later on that may be of interest even if the ones now aren't. Even the people that say "I'll give it to the 5th episode" or something like that are intrigued by at least a tiny part of the show.

Conekiller

On the Cruise!
Yay, 26 pages later and all I feel like add ing is this

I di gthe show, it's not "teh bEsT anime EVAR!!1!" but it manages to hold my attention more than I originaly thought it would.

and I LOVE .hack//sign. slowness and all!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts