TRANSFORMERS: WAR FOR CYBERTRON Coming to Netflix

Frontier

Staff member
I think calling someone the standout of Combiner Wars is like saying Dark Fate is the best Terminator sequel since T2. It's damning with faint praise.
I mean, I don't, if only because I genuinely thought Marnocha was just really good in the role and he really made the most out of the material he was given :).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I think calling someone the standout of Combiner Wars is like saying Dark Fate is the best Terminator sequel since T2. It's damning with faint praise.
First of all, I've heard nothing but good things about Dark Fate. Secondly, Megatron was the best thing about the Machina shows. Just because they otherwise sucked doesn't mean his actor shouldn't get his due. He was legitimately good in the role, and made one of the most interesting animated Megatrons of all time. I've personally only liked Welker's take from Transformers Prime more.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
First of all, I've heard nothing but good things about Dark Fate. Secondly, Megatron was the best thing about the Machina shows. Just because they otherwise sucked doesn't mean his actor shouldn't get his due. He was legitimately good in the role, and made one of the most interesting animated Megatrons of all time. I've personally only liked Welker's take from Transformers Prime more.

A lot of critics went to bat for that movie and a lot of the furor around the film was calling it the best Terminator film since T2. That is not the thing Terminator fans or audiences want to hear.

No one really impressed me in those Machinima shows. All I really remember was that a lot of the delivery was really off and stilted and the execution was very awkward.

Frontier

Staff member
No one really impressed me in those Machinima shows. All I really remember was that a lot of the delivery was really off and stilted and the execution was very awkward.
Which kind of made the ones who actually delivered good performances, like Marnocha, actually stand out :p.
Marnocha's Megatron felt very in-line with Corey Burton's Megs from Transformers: Animated.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Now that I can talk about it, I've seen the first season with Siege. I really liked it. Darker, more mature and immersive story. Pretty good animation and voice-over direction. Big improvement after what happened with Machinima.

Like the voice acting is pretty good. They clearly got better direction this time around and got to focus more on character development and drama than whatever was going on in Prime Wars.

Tonally, I think this is more like the darker comic stories and the more recent IDW comics. It's a dark chapter in Cybertron's history.

Frontier

Staff member
This trailer came out.

Tim Sheridan is one of the writers.

You know, for a show called "Earthrise," there seems to be a distinct lack of scenes on Earth...and, y'know, Earth vehicle modes :sweat:.

I wasn't expecting we'd get to see as much of Cybertron, but it's nice that those 'Bots haven't been forgotten about and we have Jetfire (and Bumblebee) with the Autobot symbol. I guess it'll culminate in Megatron and the Nemesis heading into space to find the Ark :).

So we've got Doubledealer and the mercenary faction...is this going to lead to more Prime guilt-tripping? I hope not :(.

Wait, are we getting Shattered Glass? That was one thing I was disappointed Cyberverse never got to, so that should be cool. Not sure how there would be inexplicable, plot relevant, doubles of Bumblebee and Wheeljack otherwise :confused:.

JoeMabbon

The Warrior
Wait, are we getting Shattered Glass? That was one thing I was disappointed Cyberverse never got to, so that should be cool. Not sure how there would be inexplicable, plot relevant, doubles of Bumblebee and Wheeljack otherwise :confused:.

I’m not sure about Wheeljack, but the white Bumblebee lookalike is named Bug Bite, so we’re probably not getting Shattered Glass this time around.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts