Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy News And Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
I'm not caught up yet, but I was surprised that Swoop didn't appear in "Mission: Dinobot". He always seemed like one of the more popular dinobots.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Heatwave's Shiny Coat"

So dumb.

For the record, Cody sucks. He acts like Blades and Medix are being silly over the Heatwave confusion. God, I hate people like that. The lesson of the episode was also not applicable to real-world rescue scenarios which is why this show is terrible in a nutshell. *.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Acting Out"

Grimlock makes a cute goose. But this show is still tiresome. *.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Need To Know"

Holy poo. That was awful. Wedge is the worst. And you know what? All of the characters are the worst. These idiots are the worst personalities to be going out on rescue missions. It's the thing I hate most about the show. And I hate almost everything.

Is this Perceptor's first appearance in the Aligned Continuity? If so, that's embarrassing.

On a scale of 1 to 10 that sucked. 0.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Trouble Cubed"

That was boring. *.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "My Favorite Rescue"

That was also boring but it was stupid too.

I'm conflicted. That was so awful part of me wants to spend some time methodically tearing that to shreds point by point. On the other hand, I don't want my review life to suddenly become all about why this show sucks. That is giving an 11 minute cartoon more power over me than it deserves. That's the same mistake I made with Riverdale. Then again I stopped watching that show, and I'm better off for it. Hence me being conflicted.

That was a bad week all around. This show is the worst. I can say that much. 0.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "The Great Energon Rush"

It's only Grimlock. No need to be concerned. Counterpoint: Yikes!

It's interesting that this episode says that in the Aligned Continuity, the "Me Grimlock" thing is a busted voice circuit. Interesting because this is the first time he's actually said it. He never said it on Transformers: Robots in Disguise.

That was admittedly kind of cute. ***.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "The Vault Of The Primes"

That was mostly boring but the last scene was interesting. Although I still hate Ratchet's new voice. **1/2.

Gold Guy

Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
An actual cliffhanger? Well, OK, maybe not so much a cliffhanger, but still. Hopefully this means all the recruits can get a second transformation, it always felt weird that only Hot Shot could do that.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Wild Ghost Chase"

Dumb. So par for the course. However I didn't see anything in it that outright offended me. So that's something. **.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Little Plot Of Horrors"

It's probably an overstatement to call an 11 minute cartoon tiresome... But yeah, this show's exhausting. *1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Museum Mystery"

Are Double Trouble and Doc Greene from the original Rescue Bots show? If so, that's neat continuity.

For the record, Chase sucks. And I don't like the idea that one of the adults is stupider than one of the kids.

Eh. **1/2.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Partners"

Is Frankie from the old show too?

I like that Chase thinks him saying "This isn't good," is him being overly dramatic.

Honestly, I was a little bored with this. *1/2.

Gold Guy

Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Museum Mystery"

Are Double Trouble and Doc Greene from the original Rescue Bots show?

Is Frankie from the old show too?
Yes, and yes. I was starting to think they'd never appear again, though their overall writing is stronger in the original.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Critical Condition"

It amazes me how I disliked everybody by the end of the episode even more than I already did. That's quite a trick. But this show is a special level of suck.

I'm sick of this show having the Bots risk innocent people's lives in order to learn the week's toddler lesson. None of these Bots should EVER be in the field, and the show acting like this specific vocation is about the Bots' personal growth shows the show doesn't understand the point of rescue at all. Narcissism is literally the thing that has to be checked at the door, and all these Bots care about is themselves. What bothers me the most is that the producers actually chose rescue missions for the premise of the show. The only thing a show like this needs to do is show competent rescuers and give good safety tips to kids. And it always fails both of those things. I do not get why parents aren't in an uproar over this show. I think it has the potential to be far more damaging to a young kid watching it than Family Guy could ever be. 0.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Fun-Droids"

This show is a soul-crushing tiresome chore. I will not waste your or my time by bothering to review this turd of an episode any further than that. 1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Mul-T-Change Of Pace"

Hotshot is the absolute worst. (I seem to say that every review). Why they decided to center this show around this self-absorbed cretin is beyond me. *.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Five Little Rescue Bots"

"More than meets the eye" is kind of this franchise's entire bit.

On the one hand, that was super boring. On the other, it was a rare episode that I didn't find overtly offensive or insulting to my intelligence. Call it a push. **1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Good Advice"

That was tiresome. No offense, Ratchet, but your nephew is a total zero. I'll grade the episode higher than that, but not by much. *.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Campfire Fright"

That was boring but I actually kind of liked the resolution to the mystery. **.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Small Cogs"

Nothing too objectionable. A win. ***.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy "Big Wheels"

Two decent episodes in a row? That deserves praising. So much so I'm adding an extra star to the final grade. Why the heck not?

Whirl's car mode is super cute. Mommy! Mommy! I want that!

Hoist choosing a Dinobot is ludicrous but it's ludicrous in an enjoyable way instead of a maddening one. I'll allow it.

My favorite thing was Hotshot choosing a firetruck at the end. That was beyond sweet.

I am very happy to see a good episode from this series. And I especially love that both episodes today were at least decent. ****.

Gold Guy

Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
Welp, it seems like the show will now be going on a mid-season break. I expect it'll return by the fall.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Who is the most yellow-est fella that lives under the sea? Today SpongeBob and his VA Tom Kenny are celebrating Birthday! What a coincidence!
And yes, SpongeBob was born on July 14,1986, exactly 34 years ago!
CNC
This week, Universal Kids will be celebrating the nationwide launch of parent company NBCUniversal's new streaming service - Peacock - by airing a 24-hour marathon of the now-Peacock Original: Where's Waldo? Plus a themed weekend marathon of different shows they've aired in the past and present.

Wait, Ninjago is still airing new episodes?
Somebody on Twitter makes a picture on Steven Universe being a loser and compares it to other show -> the tweet gets over 10000 likes.
I don't which CN thread to post this but CN announced their roster of virtual panels on SDCC@Home for July 23rd.
Clip: Cartoon Network Toons Up Comic-Con@Home! | Animation Magazine