Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy News and Discussion Thread

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
The Transformers are coming to Machinima.

Hasbro, the toy company now play brand, has partnered with the online gamer and video platform to produce a new animated series based on its Transformers: Combiner Wars line.

Combiner Wars is a storyline that has been playing out across Hasbro’s toys and IDW comic books for the past year and the upcoming Activision video game Transformers: Devastation.

Insiders say it’s the first time these synergistic elements have been combined by Hasbro to tell an overall story.

Additionally, Habsro is creating something a segment of its large Transformers audience has been demanding for years: an animated series aimed at an older audience.

“Our audiences are huge fans of the toy, comics, movies and video games, and for us to continue the legend with the Combiner Wars is a unique story-telling opportunity,” said Daniel Tibbets, Machinima's chief content officer.

Said Hasbro’s senior vp of the Transformers franchise, Tom Warner: “[Machinima is] the perfect partner to help launch a totally new kind of Transformers animation — one that, for the first time ever, is specifically designed for the teen and adult fans who’ve grown up loving the Transformers brand.”

Without going too deep into the complexities of the Transformers universe, Combiner Wars saw groups of Transformers interlock to form one giant robot, known as a Combiner. Superion and Menasor were among the new robots that held the fate of the Transformers’ home world, Cybertron, in their hands.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-con-transformers-animated-series-807464

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Sounds promising. In all likelihood, I look forward to another mini-series in the vein of JL:G&M C.

Takao

I'm hoping this has production values comparable to GI Joe Resolute.

JoeMabbon

The Warrior
I wonder if it'll be 2-D or CGI? I'm also wondering if it'll be an adaptation of the IDW comic event or a completely new story. There's so much the comic had to leave out (Galvatronus, Bruticus, Sky Reign, etc.) that they could just put together a new, unrelated story from scratch.

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if it'll be 2-D or CGI? I'm also wondering if it'll be an adaptation of the IDW comic event or a completely new story. There's so much the comic had to leave out (Galvatronus, Bruticus, Sky Reign, etc.) that they could just put together a new, unrelated story from scratch.
Yeah, even with all the Combiners in the event there were still some left out weren't there? It's especially odd that the Combaticons still haven't combined yet in the IDW continuity :eek:.

I am also really curious as to what this will be...and if it'll take place in or take material from the IDW comics or just be a wholly new animated continuity. I guess that would be better that than trying to have RID shoehorn in characters and Combiners like the comics had to :).

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Color me intrigued. If done right, this could be the perfect foil to RiD.

90'sKid

I like the figures themselves, but im worried the show will end up like the MTMTE comics, which I don't care for in the least bit.

JoeMabbon

The Warrior
I doubt the show will take much inspiration from More than Meets the Eye. That comic sat out of Combiner Wars entirely.

90'sKid

Ok, sorry, but I just don't care for IDWs Transformers comics, and I hope that this series has no connection to those comics.

JoeMabbon

The Warrior
I'm really late coming into this, but here's the panel they did last month:

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have any concept art or footage to share. I am excited to see one of the creators of Megas involved with the project, though.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Really hope they give TMNT this treatment, hopefully IDW

Takao

Sounds like they have some big ambitions for the series. I'm kind of surprised, since given the venue I was fearing we'd get something as low end as an actual machinima using Transformers Devastation.

Frontier

Staff member
Sounds like they have some big ambitions for the series. I'm kind of surprised, since given the venue I was fearing we'd get something as low end as an actual machinima using Transformers Devastation.
Though you have to admit, considering how good Devastation looks, something like that might be pretty awesome :D.

Though I'm curious what the voice cast for this will be like, which is also dependent on who all is in it. Prime's probably a shoe-in to appear, with Peter Cullen in tow, considering Optimus Maximus is part of the Combiner Wars line.

JoeMabbon

The Warrior
Or Ultra Prime. I'm hoping they use some of the Combiners that didn't make into the IDW event and just tell a completely different story. I really want to see Galvatronus in action.

Frontier

Staff member
Or Ultra Prime. I'm hoping they use some of the Combiners that didn't make into the IDW event and just tell a completely different story. I really want to see Galvatronus in action.
Honestly, we haven't seen any proper combiners (sorry Chop Shop) in animation since I think the Unicron Trilogy, so this might be a chance to see a lot of old faces and teams again which would be really awesome :D.

Troy Troodon

Am I the only one who think's it's unnecessary for "An Adult" Transformers? I mean I don't mind the idea of a more Mature take like they did with the Cybertron games... but "Adult?!"

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Am I the only one who think's it's unnecessary for "An Adult" Transformers? I mean I don't mind the idea of a more Mature take like they did with the Cybertron games... but "Adult?!"
Prime was the most "Adult" kid's show at the time, which the producers responded to such criticism by making TF:RiD.

JoeMabbon

The Warrior
Prime was the most "Adult" kid's show at the time, which the producers responded to such criticism by making TF:RiD.

Hasbro has said that they intend for the Transformers brand to focus on three demos: small children, teens, and adult collectors. Adult collectors have long complained about the toylines and cartoons for Rescue Bots and Robots in Disguise, so now Hasbro is trying to make something that caters to that demographic and supports the Generations/Combiner Wars toyline. Though at this point, they might have been better off making a Titans Return show...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts