Transformers Cybertron: "Speed" Talkback (Spoilers)

How do you get your need for speed?

• Hot Shot's abilities give me a scare, so I'll give 5 tires and a mare.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Red Alert's caution is still fun, so 4 tires will go to show he's number one.

• I love the lovely accent on Jetfire, so I'll give him 3 tires and not call him a liar.

• Megatron can show me his wrath, so I'll give it 2 tires and go get a bath.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thundercracker really does rock, so I'll give it 1 tire since I wear a sock.

• Optimus wouldn't want me to lie, so I'll give it 0 tires and hope the show dies.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
toonami_red.jpg
cybertronimage.jpg

Last time: Hot Shot raced head to head with Megatron and Override for what they think is the cyber key, but carnage from crumplezone and Ransack almost ripped Hot Shot's spleen. Red Alert wasn't to happy either, as their identities were revealed, and everything seemed to finally be spilled. Meanwhile on Earth, Optimus showed he could fly, but Thudnercracker and Starscream's attack destroyed the decoy base eye.​

This time: The need for speed is on as Override does show, but can Hot Shot finally prove that he truly can go? What will Optimus do when Red Alert does report? Will Megatron gain the planet key and destroy the racing sport? Questions will fly, and you'll need to transform, because the time to race is on, and new battles will be born.​

This is episode 8 of Transformers Cybertron because episode 1 is a 2 parter only listed as one episode. Episode 2 marked just never aired in the US, but it did air for our Canadian friends. This marks the 6th episode of Cybertron on CN.​

Spoilers, spoilers, just you wait and see how angry Override can become if you best betray her to me. Besides, even if you do watch GF, how accurate will the translation be? Just wait and be surprised like the rest of us.​

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Regarding tonight's episode...

Will they explode if they drop below 50 MPH?

Beat

Retired
Drug jokes, Keanu Reeves jokes, drug jokes, Keanu Reeves jokes...

Hot Shot- If the bus goes below 70 miles an hour we're all dead! Red Alert, you've got to help me!

Red Alert- Dude. It's all clear to me now...I know kung fu.

Hot Shot- Where did you get that?

Red Alert- How else was I supposed to deal with the kids?

shoujoaifan

Hmmm..."Speed" huh? That certainly explains the Matrix and the last few TF shows.

Oh SNAP! Did I just go there? Oh yes I did. This here be shoujoaifan, keepin' reel, YO. I'll catch up with yoo guys la-ta in about three boob tube shows, my homies. G.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Is it a bad thing that the theme song is growing on me? It's certainly better than Energon's.

-Starscream in training. Gotta love the organ music. I wish he'd actually say the name of the Vortex Blades though.

-Thundercracker: "Way to git r dun!" I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
-Bud as an evil demon thing XD

-Scattorshot: "Don't get your hopes up little Jolt, you'd freak the humans out."
Bud: "We could just tell them he's a fanboy."

-Anime conventions and cosplay AAAAH!!!!!!

-Is Betlegeuse or whatever that star called really pronounced "Beetlejuice?"

-X-Files music!

-I love the music in this series...

-The fact that they incorporate actual humans into this series (the park wardens) is great, unlike in Armada where a lot of the times, even if they were in a forest, there was nobody else around.

-Thundercracker's plans are so lame...

-I know a lot of Transfans don't like that Starscream's voice isn't deep like his Japanese counterpart this time around, but I think Michael Dobson's doing a great job so far. It's definitely working so far for this episode.

-Clocker's repeated "Go! Go!" was so much cuter in the Japanese version, but that's because he has an incredibly girly, little kid voice in Galaxy Force...

-Hot Shot's Japanese VA KILLS Kirby Morrow. The delivery in Galaxy Force of "FORCE CHIP, IGNITION!! ACCEL WIIIIIIIIIIIING!" was so perfect....

At least he crashed. :p

It also didn't seem to obvious in this version that he tapped into Velocitron's Cyber Planet Key rather than just a plain old Cyber Key.

-Alright, I have to admit, GF Starscream > C Starscream at the junkyard scene.

-Land Bazooka = Flame Broiler?

-BIG explosions!

-Team Rocket blasting off? :p

Overall, pretty good. Kirby Morrow really let me down though...the Japanese version of Excellion accessing the Planet Force was a lot better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
so when is this series getting an OST release? :confused: pretty funny stuff at the movies and with the anime convention jokes. probably the best bits of action yet Thundercracker had a good plan :) it looks like in Armada Starscream is going to be rebellious here to. another lost race is the only thing to bring down this episode although the ending was great

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Rabi~en~Rose said:
another lost race is the only thing to bring down this episode
You...might want to get used to Speed Planet. We're going to be there for a while. :sweat:

Sketch

not like those other old guys
This is the first episode I watched and it was pretty entertaining. I loved the exchange about fanboy's and conventions and also... Why is Jetfire British. That was a real WTH moment for me.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Jetfire's Australian, not British Sketch.

I wasn't aware that Optimus going into Super Mode activated his cyber key power now, but at least they kept the original music. That's 3 times they haven't, and 2 they have.

Red Alert showed he had some real skills there at the end. Ransack and Crumplezone sure won't underestimate him in the future.

It figures Hot Shot would get his cyber key on the speed planet, but exactly why was this episode called "Speed?" Basically the episode title was very deceptive as most of it occured on Earth.

My favorite part was seeing that Starscream's original motives are being revealed once more. He wants to lead the Decepticons and overthrow Megatron. That's where Starscream really does shine at, and hopefully Megatron won't find out those motives anytime soon.

Conekiller

On the Cruise!
That overlay image of Ransack and Crumplzone after they "blast off again" is priceless. I still laugh at that!

I think they had Prime yell out "cyber key power" during his Supermode scene because he led right into his powered shot.

Good to see some more actual fights instead of a bunch of recycled footage "battling" eachother pokemon stadium-style

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Talk about anime conventioned ruled.

But how did Red Alert survive that first attack without being injured at all?

Razor

He transformed after it hit, Conekiller.

I think the point, as evidenced when Starscream said "too much" in regards to the attack, that Crumplezone's attack is more smoke than fire - it makes a big boom but isn't as damaging than it looks.

Still, they could have shown him ducking underneath something.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Sketch said:
This is the first episode I watched and it was pretty entertaining. I loved the exchange about fanboy's and conventions and also... Why is Jetfire British. That was a real WTH moment for me.
A lot of characters have accents or just plain different voices this time around. New producers or something.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
I can't do a screen capture like others can for the episodes, but this is the cast list if anybody is wondering:

Lori- Sarah Edmondon
Coby- Sam Vincent
Bud- Ryan Hirakida
Optimus Prime- Gary Chalk
Jetfire & Jolt- Brian Drummond
Overhaul & Landmine- Paul Dobson
Hotshot- Kirby Morrow
Scattershot- Richard Ian Cox
Vector Prime- Richard Newman
Red Alert & Clocker- Brian Dobson
Breakdown & Starscream- Michael Dobson
Override- Lisa Ann Beley
Megatron- David Kaye
Crumplezone- Mark Acheson
Ransack- Louis Chirillo
Thundercracker- Mark Oliver

I didn't realize that Richard Cox was Scattershot until I actually looked at the credits, but all the others were kind of obvious to me because they are on so many series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts