Transformers Cybertron 6/2/05

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Niiiice, a custom intro. :D

Although the official theme sucks, but who didn't expect that? What's with the fake English accent....guy?

And it really is episode 4. :sad:

Bud sounds pretty good. Coby sounds good too.

"There was a kid on that sub!"
"You know what? Maybe we didn't see anything."
"Sir?"
"WE DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING!"

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Yes! The traffic light Transformer!

Lori sounds good. I still can't get used to Jetfire being Australian. I do like Red Alert having an accent, though.

Hot Shot as Kirby Morrow....actually....works. o_O;

Youko Recca

Retired
Good that there is a sixty second custom intro, but they should have just stuch with THAT. That OP is pretty not good.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Youko Recca said:
Good that there is a sixty second custom intro, but they should have just stuch with THAT. That OP is pretty not good.
They're going to need the exposition after skipping the first three episodes. :(

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Dang it, people who haven't seen the first three episodes aren't going to understand the whole Vector Prime thing...

I like Thundercracker's voice - wish it was a little higher pitched though. It's Mark Oliver by the way, aka Rau from Gundam SEED.

Too...many...accents....aaaagh!

Kids are really not going to understand the map thing.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! They replaced the super mode music!

Scirel

WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
Geez, is it considered "cool" or "hip" among Dubbing circles to add accents to charachters for no reason?

Also, is this in continuity with Energon or not? Because there are things I`m seeing here that signify yes( unicron) and no(hiding from humans).

I ahve to admit, though, the CG is in a whole different league than energon`s.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
livingfruitvirus said:
Seeing as how the dub episode is labeled as episode 1, Hasbro probably intended for this to air first.
But...there's so many unexplained things that you need to see the first three episodes to understand.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Scirel said:
Also, is this in continuity with Energon or not? Because there are things I`m seeing here that signify yes( unicron) and no(hiding from humans).
It's meant to be ambiguous. The Japanese Energon writers messed around with Hasbro's original plot idea for Energon and so the ending that happened was very different from the ending that was supposed to happen (Unicron exploding and creating the black hole), so they decided to make Galaxy Force a stand alone series with some plot elements that were left over from Energon.

Officially, it's supposed to be a stand alone in Japan and a sequel in America.

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
to many accents and I liked Energons 3d better then this shows version of it. these kids can't replace Kickers coolness either :( and the storys not anything special so far also: to much deus ex machina

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Speedia = Velocitron.

Perhaps trying to make all the TF planets into "-tron"s?

KuwabaraTheMan

Its alright, decent first episode. I miss Armada Starscream though.(Never really saw Energon, actually) Optimus Super Mode didn't really seem too super in this episode.

Youko Recca

Retired
I really want to like this, but it seems that it following the familiar paths of Energon and Armada is gonna be unavoidable. Better than Duel Masters, but that's not saying much. Better get better.

Scirel

WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
I`m guessing these kids don`t get in the way and aren`t as useless as the Armada kids?

To Rabi: I though I was the only one who liked Kicker. :eek:

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
I get the feeling this would be getting a lot better reception if they had started with episode 1.

Not just because it makes sense to START A SERIES ON THE FIRST EPISODE, but because the first episode was better than this one. :p

livingfruitvirus

No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
For anyone who knows this....

Has ANYTHING Hasbro made in the past 15 years been actually written and produced in the United States? And I mean artwork, original stories, anything. Dubs and adaptations like Duel Masters and Transformers don't count.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
G.I. Joe OAVs.

Edit: And I know you said Transformers doesn't count, but the basic plot for each series since Armada was written by Hasbro and then handed over to Takara.

rabidrednek

I want to know why the [purity censored] they skipped the first three episodes!:mad: . I've had the clips of the first episode downloaded for a while and I was really looking forward to seeing them complete and dubbed, however badly. A series where the episodes are integrated to each other, you cannot just jump into like that! I can't stand watching a show where I KNOW i've missed some pretty important facts.

Other than that moronic decision this was a pretty decent episode. All the voices are decent, I don't care one way or the other for the accents. And the kids are serving important roles other than just standing around going "KEWL" (Armada i'm looking at you). If Toonami will get off their butts and get the episodes straightened out, this could turn out well.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts