Totally Spies Novels & Other Books Coming in 2005

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
From marathon.fr

04/15/2004

American giant Simon and Schuster acquires rights for Totally Spies

Marathon has just completed a sale for the North American license of Totally Spies to Simon and Schuster (Viacom group). One of North America’s three largest publishers has acquired exclusive publishing rights (all formats) of the series (with the exception of “Narration book: graphic novel” rights, held by Tokyo Pop). Simon and Schuster plans to set to work immediately on the publication of three titles to be released early 2005. Three other titles are slated for Summer 2005 and then four more by the end of the year. The publisher has made plans to release novels, journals, coloring books, etc. Totally Spies will soon total 104 half-hour episodes (by end 2005) and has been enjoying widespread popularity among viewers all over the world. The series is currently airing twice weekly on Cartoon Network (US) and watched by over 1.8 million viewers.
Well, I can't say I'm surprised by this news. After seeing both news of both W.I.T.C.H. and Winx hitting the airwaves on Jetix and Fox Box respectively next season, and that they both have book series, I'm not surprised Marathon decided to follow with Totally Spies. Yes, it does seem every entertainment company is trying to follow others into the book market.

Sugah

Coloring Pages! Now thats awesome! ... but what about Video Games, i know that has nothing to do with the Publishing Rights but DM said this spring maybe a Video game for TS... but looks like Cartoon Network sold out on Totally Spies (and chose their regulars over it. PPG, Edd's, Dexters Lab..)

oranthal

Superman: A hero in life and in death
Too bad this good news is lost on me. I'm strictly a viewer of the show; I'm not going buy any of the product tie-ins, but this is good for the overall increasing popularity and viewership of the show.

Xada-Hgla

Have you seen the Yellow Sign?
oranthal said:
Too bad this good news is lost on me. I'm strictly a viewer of the show; I'm not going buy any of the product tie-ins, but this is good for the overall increasing popularity and viewership of the show.
Eh, I might at least give it a look-see. True, I've seen one or two issues of "Titans, Go!" (I believe that's the name of the tie-in comic for the animated series), and haven't given it any furthur consideration, but I guess I'll at least look at the novels... :shrug:

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Sugah said:
Coloring Pages! Now thats awesome! ... but what about Video Games, i know that has nothing to do with the Publishing Rights but DM said this spring maybe a Video game for TS... but looks like Cartoon Network sold out on Totally Spies (and chose their regulars over it. PPG, Edd's, Dexters Lab..)

Cartoon Network has nothing to do with the licensing of Totally Spies related products. Since it is an acquisition they just have the rights to air the episodes. With shows like PPG and Dexter, Cartoon Network actually owns the series in their entirety and thus they have the right to license other products regarding those series.

Sugah

Cartoon Network's Totally Spies Schedule is being filled in by the new episodes (finally!) :)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts