Total DramaRama

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
QNkVrmm.jpg

CAKE, Fresh TV, Corus Entertainment’s TELETOON and Cartoon Network are partnering on a prequel of the Total Drama animated reality franchise called Total Drama Daycare.

Total Drama Daycare re-introduces a number of characters, including Owen and Courtney, as toddlers with fully formed teenage personalities. The 52×11-minute show is currently in production for broadcast on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and TELETOON in Canada next year.

Created by Tom McGillis and Jennifer Pertsch, the Total Drama franchise first began airing with the premiere of Total Drama Island in 2007. The tween-skewing show is produced by Fresh TV in association with TELETOON and Cartoon Network. It is distributed around the globe by CAKE.

Ed Galton, the CCO and managing director at CAKE, commented: “It’s very exciting to be teaming up with Fresh TV, TELETOON and Cartoon Network once again. A successful relationship which has spanned a decade and six series, we are thrilled to be working together on what promises to be a mind-blowing sensational take on the Total Drama story.”

“We haven’t laughed this hard in years,” added McGillis. “We’re channelling all that teen angst and attitude through 4-year-olds and the results are endlessly funny.”

http://worldscreen.com/tvkids/cake-on-board-new-total-drama-series/

ToonJay723

Staff member
"Hey there everybody it's a drama-filled day, to have a little fun the Baby Total Drama way"

I had a mixed range of opinions towards this. When I first saw the title, I thought the teens would be partners with little kids. But then I saw it was just that the entire cast would be turned into toddlers, and I was relieved. Then I got worried again when I saw that they were still going to be teenagers, but just in the bodies of four year olds.

What's the point of making them toddlers if they're still going to act like teenagers?

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
So they decided to showcase the series with little kids instead of usually teenagers.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Dudley

Staff member
Wow. Definitely didn’t see this happening.
So it’s an actual prequel? Would be funnier if they got turned into preschoolers by a science experiment gone wrong.
I see they’re now going for the 11 minute format this time around. I guess it’s easier to sell to broadcasters, especially since pretty much all of CN’s other shows are in that format.

Will there still be an elimination process? Except this time, they’re parents take them home? Or will they be put in a time-out?

And the kid with the beanie in the back, isn’t he from 6Teen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eldorado

Wow. Definitely didn’t see this happening.
So it’s an actual prequel? Would be funnier if they got turned into preschoolers by a science experiment gone wrong.

Maybe it's a semi-prequel, where Chris and Chef use a time machine to go back in time to when the contestants were young and put them in a new season of the reality show.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I'm not too sure what to think of this. I'll give it a chance, but I certainly wasn't expecting this news.

JTOONSAnimation

So is this canon? This kind of makes the other seasons of the show seem irrelevant.

But i'll give it a try

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
This is...bizarre. Hopefully they drop the trend from the original of pixelated nudity.

In fact, what age demographic will this be for? Will it be PG like the other seasons or Y7?

jaylop97

Staff member
From a show that was for Teens to now kids the cast has seen the change implemented on themselves as a good way to demonstrate how things have changed for Total Drama.

As for the airtime can't say I'm surprised knowing how most CN shows are usually 11 minutes these days.

ThisGuy24

I'll give it a chance but I don't understand why they made them toddlers. Um bigger question can total drama actually do the things they used to do on cartoon network now because cartoon network 2007 is a lot different than cartoon network 2017. The show was highly controversial because of inappropriate things ( which I love) they did on the show.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Christine Thompson (one of the producers of the show) confirmed that this will be a non-canon prequal

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Secretly I hope this is so bad that it will end the Total Drama series for good.

I see you're not a fan of the series lol

I don't want the series to end. I've been waiting for a 6th season for a long time now since there are some storylines that feel unfinished. I see they pretty much gave this show the Teen Titans treatment.

Rhaynebow

You know what? I can dig this. I fell out of Total Drama when the first cast members went away, so to see them come back, even in this non-canon toddler way has the long gone middle schooler in me jumping for joy. I’m kind of excited to see how they’ll toddlerize the cast and setting, like maybe the Confession Booth will just be behind a slide or something. Knowing how this studio rolls, I have faith that they’re not gonna make this a Baby Looney Tunes kind of show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts