Top 10 Cartoon Network Theme Songs

Mr HooPoe

MsMojo decides to put my music taste in my place and count down the best CN intro themes. I call them that because some of them lack lyrics and I refuse to refer to such themes as songs.

How much you like this list may depend on how inclined the picks are to your music taste. But I do wish there were less-known themes nominated. I mean, while I cannot really complain about plenty of these themes (although EEnE is not my #1 for sure), I do wish we saw the likes of, say, Sheep in the Big City, Time Squad, Megas XLR, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, maybe Chowder and Flapjack, too. Just give love to the music and not just the show.

Also. Total Drama aired on a network that was not CN before CN. I can tolerate acquisitions like Teen Titans only because they first aired on CN. TD started on Teletoon. And I know that it owes its popularity to CN, but it is not necessarily a CN show, m'kay?

Spacething7474

Little Deviants is NINE years old now!?!
Minnesota. Or maybe Wisconsin. Or maybe Iowa.
I heavily disagree with some of these choices (Billy And Mandy just being an honorable mention, Total Drama, Steven Universe, and Ed, Edd, N Eddy being #1), but every other choice is understandable. Personally, I’d swap out the original Ben 10 with Ben 10 Omniverse.

Last edited:

Mr HooPoe

This list is missing Craig of the Creek.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that song. Definitely at least an honourable mention. Actually, I just noticed that this list has nothing from the 2010's (save Adventure Time, which was at the very start of the decade anyhow). Biased much? For sure. I think that whatever votes were cast for the candidates leaned more on how iconic the tunes were for their respective shows. Which means that the people voting voted for the shows they grew up watching.

CN has a fair share of catchy theme songs. Why shun the rest for the ones everyone knows? Would it not make the list more appealing to throw in less-known themes over ones everyone knows? Or will people just complain that all the good ones are missing? The list has some solid choices, to be fair, but it could use a bit more of a surprise even of it is just honourable mentions.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

I heavily disagree with some of these choices (Billy And Mandy just being an honorable mention, Total Drama, Steven Universe, and Ed, Edd, N Eddy being #1), but every other choice is understandable. Personally, I’d swap out the original Ben 10 with Ben 10 Omniverse.
Why do you disagree with SU and TD's placements?
Also. Total Drama aired on a network that was not CN before CN. I can tolerate acquisitions like Teen Titans only because they first aired on CN. TD started on Teletoon. And I know that it owes its popularity to CN, but it is not necessarily a CN show, m'kay?
Total Drama was always considered a CN show because of its huge popularity. WatchMojo doesn't really care about what they put on these lists, they just put what got the most votes on their website. It's why these lists shouldn't be considered that seriously, and I don't get why people keep posting their videos on here. At this point it might as well be considered spamming.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
This list is dumb. Cartoon Network is NOT known for their great theme songs and they never were. Almost all of them are lackluster. Any goodies (Teen Titans TOS, Duck Dodgers, Total Drama Island) are all from acquisitions.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

It looks like San Diego Comic Con will once again be virtual, with the event being held from July 23-25. They hopefully plan to have large, in person conventions in 2022, but it seems like a smaller venue will be held in November. In addition, Wonder Con will be virtual again, and be held from March 26-27.

About Butch Hartman's debacle s an artist recently, the dude is so much better than this. At least it's not something like being accused of something like Sexual harassment but, yeah disappointing to say the least.
I'll have to wait for the home release of the Tom and Jerry movie to watch it, but from what I've seen I like the Kayla character's relationship with Tom. It was nice to see a character befriend him before Jerry for once.
Here's a video from both The Watch Tower Database and Kuro The Artist about Dwayne McDuffie.

We are in the Endgame now...

Featured Posts