Toonzone's "Battle of the Brackets" - Semi-Finals voting thread (90's Comedy)

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
This is the voting thread for the Semi-Finals of the Toonzone's 2018 "Battle of the Brackets" (for the 90's Animated Comedy Shows conference)!

Voting is simple: Just post which of the two contestants of the day you find to be more awesome! Please, no editing your posts, once your vote is cast, help simplify things for me and don't change it. So be sure you are certain which one you want to vote for when you post! Feel free to debate it amongst yourselves for a while before casting your votes, but remember: each match runs no more than 24 hours!

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I'm picking Hey Arnold , yes I like both shows, but Arnold has a little bit more comedy there for me.

jaylop97

Staff member
I'll stick with Dexter's Lab it always was a more funnier show and I think for all of the episodes it aired it is very impressive how much it was able to pack and stay consistent.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Ouch, this is getting hard for me... Hey Arnold? Sorry Tartakovsky, your cartoon is awesome, too.

Dudley

Staff member
Dexters Lab was one of my favorite cartoons growing up, so it gets my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StorytellerMJ5

I love Dexter but Hey Arnold is better by just enough, IMO. I think the bigger cast of characters helps push Arnold over Dexter.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I may have been more of a Cartoon Network kid, but I was never that big on Dexter's Lab. I really like some of it for sure, but give me Ed, Edd n' Eddy and Johnny Bravo any day. Hey Arnold! I similarly feel is also slightly overrated (it's not as deep as it's been made out to be, and Arnold and Gerald just don't have very strong personalities imo), but I like it slightly more, and I'll go with it.

Light Lucario

Staff member
This is a tough choice, but I think I'll go with Hey Arnold. While I still don't think it had a lot of comedy, it was pretty enjoyable, had a larger cast to give the series a bit more variety and was one of my favorite Nicktoons. Dexter's Lab is really good and I think it has stronger comedy, but I think that Hey Arnold is the more enjoyable show out of the two for me.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The votes went back and forth, back and forth...and to perhaps no one's surprise:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a tie!

Voting is extended in this match for another 24 hours! In the meantime, onward, to the next match!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts