Toonzone Picks: The Top Animated Movie of the 2010's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
01. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - A pretty entertaining movie with a good balance between the action, comedy and drama.

02. Big Hero 6 - Good re-imagining of older Marvel Comics properties and the result is a fun adventure with some likeable characters.

03. Inside Out - I thought it had a pretty interesting idea and was fun overall.

04. The LEGO Movie - I liked how it featured so many different LEGO sets and has a pretty good story as well.

05. The Book of Life - I thought it was a pretty interesting movie with some likeable characters and a decent enough story as well.

06. The LEGO Batman Movie - A fun take on the Batman mythos.

07. Frozen - A pretty good fairy-tale with some surprising twists to the classic story.

08. The Adventures of Tintin - A fun, adventure-filled movie.

09. Tangled - Another fun adventure inspired by a fairy-tale.

10. Kubo and the Two Strings - A fun and pretty creative idea for a movie.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
1. Zootopia
2. Kubo and the Two Strings
3. Kung-Fu Panda 3
4. Kung-Fu Panda 2
5. How to Train Your Dragon 3
6. How to Train Your Dragon 2
7. How to Train Your Dragon
8. Inside Out
9. Toy Story 3
10. Moana

It's funny how I asked about anime films, when none made my list. :sweat: I forgot that Redline and Summer Wars came out in 2009 (I need to see more anime films).

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
My list for the Best Animated Movies of the 2010's:

10. Free Birds (2013)
I know I'm the only one who remembers this movie and has fond memories of it (and I thought it did a good job with it's absurd plot), so I'm tossing it in at the bottom of my list.

9. The Lego Movie (2014)
Not a personal favorite but I do believe it was an iconic animated movie of this decade. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it....I just enjoyed the others above more.

8. Hotel Transylvania (2012)
It's Genndy Tartakovsky directing a major theatrical animated film. That's awesome in and of itself. But it's also a delightful comedy and a good spin on making the classic movie monsters lighthearted (even if it's been done before, this was a good version for the 2010's)

7. Frozen (2013)
Perhaps the biggest animated film of the decade (definitely the most well known animated song of the decade). It, like the Lego Movie, is iconic and deserving of a spot on the list, but I have other animated films that I adore more.

6. Trolls (2016)
Another film that uses music in a delightful fashion. It's kind of a modern day take upon the Smurfs, and that may be why I enjoyed it so much. Come to think of it, "Smurfs: The Lost Village" (2017) would be an honorable mention to this list. But I think Trolls provides an important update to the "magical little people" formula.

5. Shrek Forever After (2010)
At first glance, it's kind of a spin on "It's a Wonderful Life" (where "What If Shrek wasn't around?"). But it's so much more and an important finale to the Shrek line of films.

4. Tangled (2010)
The film that started the 2nd Disney Renaissance, and it's just amazing from start to finish. There's only one Disney film from this decade that I loved more....

3. The Lorax (2012)
The greatest adaptation of Dr. Seuss material I've ever seen. An environmental message that works, even if it's little preachy (it's how the story unfolds, with the flashbacks to the past and the contrast to the present day at the start of the film - it just works).

2. Rise of the Guardians (2012)
It's like a Holiday Special meets Superheroes. And it's just phenomenal. My favorite Dreamworks film of the decade.

1. Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
My favorite Disney film of the decade. It combined video game pop culture with action/comedy in a way that had never been accomplished prior to this. It's kinda like how Kingdom Hearts merged Disney with Final Fantasy, it's something along those lines, that's what Wreck-It Ralph pulled off.

Hmm, 9 out of 10 of the films on my list came out before 2015? I can live with that. Also, I'm a bit surprised there's no Pixar on my list....but then I remembered I have yet to watch "Inside Out" (2015) and didn't care for the rest of what Pixar has made this decade.

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
1: Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted
2: The Angry Birds Movie 2
3: Free Birds
4: Norm Of The North (let me elaborate on this one, its weird writing and lack of seriousness was pretty hilarious)
5: The Lego Batman Movie
6: Turbo
7: The Lego Ninjago Movie
8: Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2
9: Megamind
10: Despicable Me 2

I’ve got far too many honorable mentions, but some top ones are:
Shrek Forever After
Cars 2
Shaun The Sheep
The Nut Job 1 & 2
Despicable Me 1
Hotel Transylvania 2 & 3
Penguins Of Madagascar
The Incredibles 2
Monsters University

Dr.Pepper

This is a rough list as there was too much good stuff:
1. Toy Story 3: a great ending to a great franchise
2. Wreck It Ralph: one of my favorite Disney movies ever
3. Inside Out: I loved the concept
4. How To Train Your Dragon: my favorite Dreamworks movie
5. Moana: I love the tropical environment
6. Toy Story 4: was it needed? No. Was it good? Yes
7. Tangled: a good start to the new Disney renaissance
8. Frozen: overrated but still good
9. Coco: I need to watch it again, but it has heart
10. Isle of Dogs: its so refreshing to see an adult movie that wasn’t vulgar.

LinusFan303

Squeak
10. Despicable Me
9. Tangled
8. The Book of Life
7. The Peanuts Movie
6. The Lego Movie
5. How to Train your Dragon
4. Your Name
3. Wreck it Ralph
2. Mirai
1. Inside Out

Honorable Mentions

How to Train your Dragon 2 ( I didn't want to clog the list with all the of HTTYD movies but I like all 3 very much, and think they were a great trilogy
How to Train your Dragon 3 (see my note on 2 )

Frankeweenie
Paranorman
Frozen (Had to pick between it and Tangled, and I enjoyed Tangled more)
Secret World of Arrietty
Children Who Chase Lost Voices
Winnie the Pooh
Big Hero 6 (Not a big fan of super hero movies but did enjoy it)
The Boy and the Beast
My Life as a Zucchini
The Lego Batman Movie
Lu Over the Wall
Mary and the Witch's Flower
Isle of Dogs (this is like number 11 really)
Teen Titans go to the movies
Incredibles 2
Into the spider-verse (I did like , not a big super hero movie fan but I did like so, it's int the honor mentions and it was well done with quality)

Light Lucario

Staff member
1. Pokemon: The Movie: I Choose You: I love this movie. It's easily one of the best Pokemon movies in ages. It's set in a different continuity from the main series, but it still felt like a celebration of the anime. It perfectly captured the heart of the anime, which is the bond between Ash and Pikachu. It's so terrific. It made me happy that I've been a Pokemon fan all these years, which makes the movie more meaningful to me.

2. Inside Out: I'd say that this was one of the best original movies from Pixar. It really tackles some complex emotions and thoughts for kids. The inner thoughts all felt unique instead of one note and I loved the ending.

3. Toy Story 3
: This was such a really good ending for the Toy Story gang. It was fun, emotional and surprisingly intense at times. I haven't seen Toy Story 4 yet, so I can't comment on it, but this would have been a good finale regardless.

4. Tangled: This is my favorite Disney Movie from the past few years. It's more of a modern take on the Disney Princess formula, but it works extremely well. The romance feels natural, "I See The Lights" is an underrated song and it led to one of the best animated series of the decade with Tangled; The Series.

5. The Peanuts Movie
: This was such a sweet heartfelt love letter to the Peanuts franchise. I loved how they captured the 2D designs of the characters even in CGI, the pacing was pretty nice and it had so many sweet moments. Peanuts is another franchise that holds a dear place in my heart, so I was happy to see it get some more attention through this movie. Plus, Snoopy is absolutely adorable and he's really sweet to Charlie Brown.

6. How to Train Your Dragon
: This was a really good and fun movie. I loved seeing the dragons, but the relationship between Hiccup and Toothless really made the movie more special. I haven't seen either of the two sequels yet, despite knowing how they end, but the first movie is pretty fun and maybe I'll watch the other movies one of these days.

7. Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions: I was tempted to just put this in the honorable mention section, but I like it too much for that. Plus, I get a chance to talk about two movies from my two favorite franchises, so of course I'm going to jump all over that. It's a really good movie that feels like a continuation from the anime, despite being set within the manga's continuity. It is a long movie. It doesn't drag on, but you do notice that it is over two hours long. It was still really engaging, I love seeing where the characters ended up going after the events of the series, the duels are cool and I like that Yugi got a chance to shine on his own. It basically feels like a good extended epilogue. Much like I Choose You, The Dark Side of Dimensions made me happy to be a Yu-Gi-Oh! fan all these years.

8. ParaNorman: This is a really good movie that has become a Halloween staple for me. It's creepy, but it has a really good message at its center and the stop motion animation is really impressive.

9. Wreck-It Ralph
: This was a pretty fun movie. I liked the concept of exploring different video game worlds, as well as seeing other video game characters. Ralph was a pretty likable lead and his friendship with Vanellope was pretty sweet. I haven't seen the sequel yet, but the first movie was pretty fun.

10. The Lego Movie
: Despite all of the praise that the movie has gotten over the years, I didn't watch it until they were playing it on YouTube to get people hyped for the sequel. I had seen some of the bigger scenes before through commercials and reviews, but that ending twist with the boy and his father really made it stand out more to me than any of the humor. The comedy was funny and there were some stand out lines and characters, but that twist just gave the message more heart and substance than I thought it was going to have. It was all around a fun movie with a nice twist at the end.

I'll also give an honorable mention to Rise of the Guardians. It's been awhile since I've watched this movie, but I really enjoyed it. It was a fun way to combine all of the holiday figures together, but that emphasis on childhood wonder and happiness still makes it feel like a Christmas movie at its heart.

1. Rango
2. Toy Story 3
3. Zootopia
4. Puss in Boots
5. Penguins of Madagascar
6. The Boxtrolls
7. ParaNorman
8. The Lego Batman Movie
9. The Adventures of Tintin
10. Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Thanks to all that voted! I'm closing down the thread and we'll have the results.....soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts