Toonzone Picks: The Top 10 Streaming Animated Shows of the 2010's - The Winners!!

Latest News & Videos

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO
Yes, we're a bit late in getting these results posted, but at any rate....

Ladies and Gentlemen....

The Top 10 Streaming Exclusive Shows of the 2010's!!
(as picked by the Anime Superhero forums)

10. Devilman Crybaby

9. Green Eggs and Ham

8. Carmen Sandiego

7. All Hail King Julien

6. Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO

5. Trollhunters

4. She-Ra Princess of Power

3. Voltron: Legendary Defender

2. Bojack Horseman

1. Hilda

Thanks to all who participated in the voting!! Please feel free to share your thoughts on the Top 10 Streaming Exclusive Shows of the 2010's!!​

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
May 13, 2006
Advanced Idea Mechanics
This is a pretty strong list. I'm actually happy to say that I saw all but one of these. I swear, I'll get around to watching Devilman Crybaby.

Brief thoughts on the winners:

Green Eggs and Ham: I was not expecting much from this series, but I had fun with it. I think the animation is a bit too overly-animated, but the story and the characters were delightful.

Carmen Sandiego: Again, another series I didn't expect out of. I love the mystery, the intrigue, and the story. The art style and designs also click nicely. It's the Sly Cooper series we should've gotten.

All Hail King Julien: I don't really watch a lot of comedies, but I watched it as Mitch Watson's next project after the underrated Beware the Batman. It had a lot of dark humor I enjoyed, and I thought it handled its serialized story arc Exiled well without losing the comedic touch.

Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters: Again, another show I followed because of its showrunners, this time Vic Cook. It reminds me a lot of the teen hero action cartoons we got a lot in the 2000s, but in a good way. It has some excellent twists and turns here and there. I'm disappointed it didn't get the following She-Ra or Voltron got, and even more that Netflix only greenlit a measly 26 episodes.

Trollhunters: I admit, I wasn't huge into this series. Most of the first season was very bland and I didn't care for the protagonist. But, the stories kept improving and the risks increased. While it doesn't always stick the landing, I respect its ambition at times. Plus, one of the better-looking CGI series out there.

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power: An excellent series that has rightfully been vindicated after the initial backlash. It has fascinating characters and stories that blow anything else done with MotU out of the water. I am excited to see its conclusion later this year.

Voltron: Legendary Defender: I remember being hyped for this one, only to be disappointed by its final few seasons. The Korra-esque art style was a good choice for the franchise and there are some promising plots and characterizations. But the lack of focus and wasted potential hinder the experience as it goes on. Still a fun series, but a bit overrated in my eyes.

BoJack Horseman
: Again, I don't watch many comedic shows, but the characters and their damage, not to mention strong voice work, drew me into this series. I don't think we'll get a show that combines heavy themes like addiction and childhood abuse with silly animal puns and pop culture references as seamlessly as this.

Hilda: Not my type of show, but I adore its execution. Charming characters and great use of color. It's probably the only Netflix show my brother and I enjoy together, and we're both looking forward to seeing moree.

Reactions: Terror of Death

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

For some reason I keep being reminded of this post I made on a Black Clover talkback thread: C&C - Black Clover - "The One With No Magic" [9/8]

It seems like the inspiration for Maya comes from his wife, mother, and sister.
The good news is I'm not scared anymore. The bad news is, as I have absorbed things, I am now freaking infuriated.
For nick@nite, and I thought full house was the only one skipped.., now George lopez is doing the same thing.. early Mon Jun 1 3:30am was No Free Launch, then skipped episodes to A Kiss is Just Kiss episode aired early Jun 2 at 4am. Very weird for nick@nite, obvi a sign that show won't last long