Toonzone "Battle of the Brackets" Bonus Round thread (2021 edition)

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll go with Robot Jones. I don't remember much about the show, but I think it was pretty decent. The title is kind of ironic given how forgotten the series has become though.

Plus, I never cared for Squirrel Boy. It came off as a bit annoying based on what I remember of it.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I'll go with Robot Jones. It wasn't one of my favorites, but I did like the early episodes before the voice change alright. I can't say I've enjoyed any of what I've seen of Squirrel Boy.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I liked Robot Jones. It was obviously a tribute to 70's "School House Rock" type animation, which was nice to see in 2002. But I actually liked most things on Cartoon Network in 2002, truth be told.

So because the points don't matter at this stage, I declare Robot Jones the winner. ;)

On to the next match! (And I'm going to stick with Cartoon Network for a tiny bit longer)....

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

I’m not overly familiar with either, but I will side with Secret Saturday’s because the premise was cooler.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I didn't vote for The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest in an earlier match but will vote for Secret Saturdays this time. It's a pretty cool show inspired by the classic Jonny Quest show which worked out surprisingly well.

Class of 3000 was pretty fun too, though apart from some of the music featured on the show I don't really remember much from it to be honest.

Light Lucario

Staff member
The Secret Saturdays easily gets my vote. I haven't seen it in ages, but I remember loving it so much. It was such a cool show with an interesting premise and some really fun characters. It deserves so much more love and attention.

The Class of 3000 was a really fun show too. I remember it being pretty funny and enjoyable, but The Secret Saturdays was a more engaging show by comparison.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Oh man, I honestly really dug both of these shows and thought that they deserved better. Class of 3000 was a bright spot during a period when CN's originals were dimming in quality, and had great energy, music, and art attached to it. Meanwhile, Secret Saturdays was a classic action pastiche that was as fun as anything airing at its time.

I'll go with Class of 3000, because I've seen it all more recently. But I did wish that I could have found room for both series in the main tournament.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts