Toonzone "Battle of the Brackets" Bonus Round thread (2020 edition)

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I had the pilot movie VHS of The Mighty Ducks, and remember watching it quite a few times, although watching actual episodes of the show was pretty disappointing. That still had better memories for me than Loonatics, so it wins by default.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Even though I've never seen it, I'll go with Mighty Ducks. It's just so ridiculously over the top. A hockey team of ducks who are also crime fighters is just so 90's that I kind of love it.

I've seen Loonatics Unleashed and I don't think it was particularly good. I thought that the promos for it looked cool initially, but I don't remember liking the show. I think it was just trying too hard to make classic Looney Tunes characters look cool and hip for the kids, so that just turned me off.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I forgot to comment on the last match:

I actually like both Mighty Ducks and Loonatics Unleashed. I think Loonatics Unleashed takes itself just a tiny bit too seriously, whereas Mighty Ducks.....well, it didn't consider itself a witty satire (like "Darkwing Duck"), but it....I dunno, it realized it was the mid 90's and acted accordingly. I don't know how to explain it.

Meanwhile, in today's match: "The PJs" is actually Disney's first "adult" animated TV show! I'm not sure how it came to end up airing on FOX, but it was the late 90's....

On the other hand, "Mike Tyson Mysteries" is Warner Bros. Animation's first "Adult Swim" animated TV show.

So yeah, it's a battle of "adult" animated shows, Disney vs. Warner Bros. style!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Never watched The PJs and only watched very little of Mike Tyson Mysteries, but I'll vote for the latter since it seems like a pretty fun premise.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Mike Tyson Mysteries isn't just my vote of choice, but definitely what I recommend you give a fair watch or two someday, if you can, of course.

The PJs is a show that deserves to be forgotten for being such a waste of something truly unique like Claymation, IMHO.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I'll give The PJs a vote. I remember watching a little bit of it back in the day, but I'd be lying if that counts as an endorsement. I just haven't seen Mike Tyson Mysteries, and I'm not really jazzed to, although I like the idea of the show. I just wish it starred Dennis Rodman or someone else instead.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I guess I'll vote for Mike Tyson Mysteries. I've only seen bits of it, but it was funny. Although, I also wish that it starred someone else instead of Mike Tyson since that's a big reason why I don't want to watch more of it.

I barely remember the PJs, but it was pretty bad and forgettable from what I can recall of it.

ToonJay723

Staff member
My vote goes to The Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa. It's a great show, not much people mention it when they're talking of Disney Afternoon shows.

I remember liking Krypto the Superdog when it was on, but don't really remember much about that show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts