Toonzone/Anime Superhero 2021 Battle of the Brackets- Checkerboard Conference Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'm going with Craig of the Creek, simply because I relate to that show all the more/oh so much better, honestly.

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

Grrrrr. I was hoping these two wouldn’t be facing off. Let me start by saying that KND was my obsession when it was on. It has always been a show that resonated with with me. Now, Craig of the Creek is a show that I love too. Even though I love it and never miss an episode, it doesn’t have that same “obsession” quality that KND had for me. I know that some of that can be chalked up to maturity level/age. With all of that incoherent rambling out of the way, I’m inclined to say CotC is the better show, because it doesn’t have that hard to describe false pretentious quality that KND has that I think was a turn off for a lot of people.

TL;DR: I vote for Craig of the Creek.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Both shows are fun and pretty creative depictions of childhood, but I think I'll side with Codename: Kids Next Door, partly because Craig is still airing and hasn't completed its run yet, and partly because of more nostalgia and stuff, as in a few previous matches.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm definitely voting for Craig of the Creek. It's such a great, fun and charming series with good characters, funny moments and some touching moments thrown in there as well.

Kids Next Door was fine, creative and I do remember liking its series finale, but it never appealed to me as much as Craig of the Creek does.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
These shows are pretty different in execution, but their dedication for the joy and innocence of childhood is easy to make note of. And while it does seem like older series win a little more regularly in these matches this year, here's a case where a newer favorite beats an all-time classic.

Craig of the Creek moves onto the next round! The next match will be up shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts