• 2/5 - Fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5 - Kill it with FIRE!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JShaggy

You Serious?!
[H]Toonzone Anime of the Month Club (December 2015)[/H]
Love hurts in this month's Toonzone AotM selection: Peach Girl.

[H]Synopsis[/H]
From Funimation:

Being the new girl at school is never easy, just ask Momo Adachi. With her golden hair and tan, toned body, you would think she’d have a pretty easy time of it. But when your “best friend” spends most of her day trying to show you up, going after anything you want, you can’t be too careful… What will happen if Sae finds out about Momo’s long-time crush on a boy named Toji? Will she have to have him as well? And when a lecherous playboy from Momo’s past shows a new found interest in her, things get even more confusing.

Field trips and flings from the past will keep them scrambling as this story unfolds. Follow along as they fight their way through high school and heartache. Will Momo ever find the true love she seeks? Will either boy win her heart?

Romance is never easy…
Real. Love. Bitter. Sweet.

[H]Where to Watch[/H]
The complete 25-episode series is available now on DVD as a S.A.V.E. (Super Amazing Value Edition) boxset from Funimation.

[H]Discussion[/H]
All comments and critiques of the series are welcome; however, we ask that you please keep any and all potential spoilers to a minimum by placing it in spoiler tags if necessary.

As always, enjoy the show, everyone, and please don't forget to rate the series when you're done!

#ToonzoneAOTM

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
I gave this show a chance because I wanted to be part of the Anime of the Month discussion, and hey, three people thought it was better then Maria the Virgin Witch!

First off, stop crying. Every single episode has a scene where the main girl cries. I'd watch Caillou if I wanted that.

Second off, I felt like I was watching an animated 90210 or something. And that's not a bad thing for everyone, considering how big of a hit 90210 was. I am personally not a fan and think there are much better romance anime out there. There are much better shojo romance anime out there. Kare Kano first comes to mind - too bad that show won Anime of the Month a whopping twelve years ago.

veemonjosh

The Crimson King
All I remember of Peach Girl was from what I caught when it was on the Funimation section of Comcast's On Demand service years ago. I jumped in halfway through, and I just remember being so pissed off at everything that happened. Like I remember every episode was an increasingly frustrating misunderstandings that could have been cleared up in five minutes if anybody actually sat down and talked things out.

Granted, I don't remember anything beyond that, but the sheer frustration at how most of the characters, especially the main character, acted made it a fun show to just yell at the screen during.