Toonami's Symphony - September 10, 2005

What do you most want to see this Saturday?

• Transformers Cybertron

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Yu-Gi-Oh

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Teen Titans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zatch Bell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naruto "Enter: Naruto Uzumaki!"

Votes: 46 83.6%
  • Naruto "My Name is Knonhamaru!"

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Packaging/Intros/Promos/Interstitals

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
The Fall 2005 Season of Toonami is about to get kicked off with a bang so its time to get this forum rockin' again! For at least the next 4 weeks every addition of Toonami will have the premiere of a new show or a show's new season. Naruto will be without a doubt the most anticipated show this week, but there are undoubtedly a few folks out there who would rather watch something else and thus the question shall be asked anyway. Making up this week's Symphony:

7.0 PM - Transformers Cybertron "Hero" - There are still a few weeks left in the current season.

7.5 PM - Yu-Gi-Oh "Back to Battle City (Part 3 of 3)" - After this, Yu-Gi-Oh goes back off Toonami, unless we get GX.

8.0 PM - Teen Titans "The End (Part 2 of 3)" - A word of warning, Part 3 of the finale will not air on Toonami next week.

8.5 PM - Zatch Bell "Danny Boy" - A new timeslot and, while there was never a break in the premieres, this seems to technically be the start of the 2nd Season.

9.0/10.0 PM - Naruto "Enter: Naruto Uzumaki!" - I believe we can assume character names will not be changed.

9.5/10.5 PM - Naruto "My Name is Konohamaru!" - This guy is no ham-ham folks.

Intros/Promos/Packaging/Interstitals - What kind of opening will Naruto have? Will the new animation seen during CN's summer special now be used to open the block? Will we see promos for JLU Season 3 or Wulin Warriors?

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Man, as much as I enjoy Cybertron and look forward to it's premeire, I just have to see Naruto this week. I've got to see if it's fairly faithful or highly butchered.

Here's how they'd stack up:
1) Naruto Episode 1
2) Naruto Episode 2
3) Transformers Cybertron
4) Zatch Bell
5) Packaging, etc.
6) Teen Titans
7) Yu-Gi-Oh!

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Moron

bigddan11 said:
Man, as much as I enjoy Cybertron adn look forward to it's premeire, I just have to see Naruto this week. I've got to see if it's fairly faithful or highly butchered.

Me too. In a way, I feel that Naruto will be the deciding factor in whether Toonami is doomed to failure or whether it's going to return to it's former greatness. I mean, if Naruto gets an Americanized dub, then the chances of Bo-bo-bo-bo Bo-bo-bo or Wulin Warriors getting a good dub are nill. But, if Naruto's dub is faithful then Toonami might have a chance to reclaim it's former glory.

EscaflownePilot

I know I'm going to hate Naruto's dub. Not because of any real lack of quality, or poor editing decisions, but simply because it'll be different from everything I'm used to with the show. Actually, I have full confidence in Viz this time to do a good job, it's just that... still, to hear anyone other than Takeuchi Junko voicing Naruto will just seem sacrilegious or something to me. So, I just don't know whether I want to watch this or not...

Still, the anticipation of seeing how they handle it is getting the best of me, so I guess I have to go with Naruto.

James Bester

Screaming for Vengeance
I've been looking forward to this for a long time:

1. Naruto(Enter Naruto Uzumaki!)- Time to see this show's treatment. This is probably one of the biggest premieres in Toonami's history. Will it get horrible treatment like 4kids One Piece, modertate treatment like Zatch Bell, or great treatment like Kenshin and YYH? Even after all of the promos, press releases, and interviews, none of us know.

2. Naruto(I am Konohamaru!)- More Naruto is definitely okay with me!

3. Zatch Bell- Glad to see Toonami's keeping it going. I thought we'd end up having to wait until 2006 for season 2.

4. Transformers Cybertron- Decent show. Too bad I missed the Optimus vs. Megatron fight last week.

5. Teen Titans- After this, Teen Titans is off the block for atleast a month. Happy to see the reruns leave, but I still really enjoyed this episode.

6. Yu-Gi-Oh!- Thank God this show is leaving. Good riddance. I really hope this never comes back!

Demonic Raven

Hmm...card duels or ninjas?

No contest. Obviously Yu-Gi-Oh!

...yeah right. I've been waiting for this premiere for a long time, I'm not going to miss Naruto!

Youko Recca

Retired
Haven't seen one of these in awhile. Too bad there isn't more competition for this one, Naruto is no doubt in the spotlight. Luckily these get better from here. And I'm going to vote for Naruto's first episode, cause I don't like Konohamaru's...anything.

Fresh V

Stand By Me
No-brainer

1. Naruto Episode 1
2. Naruto Episode 2
3. Zatch Bell

That's gonna be all I'm watching. This'll be the best Toonami in months. And it'll get even better when the rest of the new shows arrive.

Malex

Quivering Member
I'm looking forward to that Non-Mutant Turtle Ninja Show that was so taboo to be named in the Toonami board...

until now...

naruto.jpg

[font=&quot]NARUTO!

[/font]

Last edited by a moderator:

RADRAD

Horse with no name
I picked Naruto.

A world premiere dub, especially with an unfathomable internet following. Oh yeah, I cannot wait... at all. I really can't.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
CoolSSJEnergy said:
1. Naruto Episode 1
2. Naruto Episode 2
3. Zatch Bell

That's gonna be all I'm watching. This'll be the best Toonami in months. And it'll get even better when the rest of the new shows arrive.
What he said. Zatch Bell has really been the only thing worth watching on the block over the past month or so when the DC shows' seasons ended. It'll be nice to be watching more than one time slot after a while, and September 17 will be even better with a whole hour's worth of new JLU. :D

poncho

I would be looking forward to Naruto a lot, if I didn't hate the first few episodes with a passion. First time I watched the series I actually stopped watching after episode three. :sweat:

Then I tried it again in a fit of boredom and got drawn in by the interesting array of techniques they show in the survival training part, so at least it gets good fairly quickly. :D

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts