Toonami's Symphony - February 11, 2006

What do you most want to see this Saturday?

• Duel Mastes 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragonball Z

• Wulin Warriors: Legend of the Seven Stars

• Zatch Bell

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Naruto

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • One Piece

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Justice League Unlimited

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Now that One Piece premieres are Only Toonami for the time being, everything but DBZ is brand spankin' new on the block. With so much to pick from, what do you most want to see? (Not that you can't watch it all of course, unless you are like me and mess up setting the VCR thereby missing the entire night).

7.0 PM Duel Masters 2.0 "Fourscore"

7.5 PM Dragonball Z "Catch Bubbles: A Fight Against Gravity"

8.0 PM Wulin Warriors: Legend of the Seven Stars "The Healer"

8.5 PM Zatch Bell "Zatch vs. Bari"

9.0 PM Naruto "Genin Takedown! All Nine Rookies Face Off!"

9.5 PM One Piece "Heading for Disaster"

10.0 PM Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo "The Ducktail vs Afro Showdown"

10.5 PM Justice League Unlimited "Flash and Substance"

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Well, now that IGPX is off and I've already seen these episodes of Naruto, I guess I'll choose JLU.

purplehairedwonder

No woman should suffer at the hands of men
Staff member
I'm torn between JLU and Naruto. I missed Naruto last week because the snow knocked out the satellite for most of the night so I'm craving more ninja action, but new JLU = heck yes. *closes eyes* Eenie, meenie, minie, moe...

JLU gets the nod this week.

Majin_Megabyte

Ice Witch
For myself, it would be One Piece. I don't care what others think about the dub, I have been waiting for the Alabasta episodes for awhile since I just finished rereading the arc in the manga. So I can't wait for these episodes to start. I already seen this week episode of Naruto before a couple weeks ago but it's a good episode in my opinion, so I can't wait to see again. Thrid place belongs to Bo since I can't wait for the more wackiness, and stuff. Well those are my top 3 picks for this week,

Sampo

It was a toss up between Zatch Bell and Bobobo. This upcoming episode will be a nasty fight between Bari and Zatch. If you are a fan of Zatch Bell, don't miss that episode. But I voted for Bobobo... after watching last Sat's episode. I really REALLY want to see this upcoming show. Just strange stuff keeps on happening. We had fusion, Don Patch strummed some expired butter, and a duck/SUV thing wielded a gun. Yeah it turned out to be a water pistol, but still that scene caught me by surprise.

William C. Maune said:
...(Not that you can't watch it all of course, unless you are like me and mess up setting the VCR thereby missing the entire night).
Ouch that bites :( I hear you. 2 Weeks ago my DVR acted up and it caused problems with the audio. Ug. Hearing Suzy's and Zatch's voice stuck at max volume makes your ears bleed :sweat:

Last edited by a moderator:

Freedom Fighter

Ah... it feels like ages since we had a Toonami's Symphony thread.

Right now for me, it would be Naruto, as the actual Chunin exam itself is about to get underway. I'm tempted to put One Piece ahead of JLU for second, only because the beginning of JLU Season 3 was a disappointment, at least in my opinion.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
1) JLU Season 3
2) Naruto
3) One Piece
4) Zatch Bell
5) Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo
6) Duel Masters 2.0
7) Dragonball Z
8) Wulin Warriors: Legend of the 7 Stars

Sage Shinigami

My vote goes to the heroes:

Zatch Bell and JLU. :D

I like Naruto, but I saw those episodes two years ago. OP fans made me hate that show, plus its dubbed by 4Kids. Ick. Duel Masters would rank 3rd, and the others aren't even worth mention.

Dr. Anime

go JLU! too bad its ending though. That makes me sad. wow what a great lineup.

1.) JLU- finally this show is coming back, actually it hasnt' been that long of a wait, but still.

2.) Zatch Bell!- Zatch and Brai (or however you spell it) this fight just looks intesnse

3.) Bobobobobobo-can't go wrong with the Bo

4.) One Piece-Albatsa arc, can't wait to see how 4kids handles it.

5.) Naruto- I just think this episdoe will be boring. But I won't say anything until I see it.

and the only things I'm not going to be watching are... DBZ and Wulin.

Rocketboy

It's party time
It's either Zatch or Naruto for me. Mainly because I want to see what happens in the battle. I've seen the episodes AFTER it, but that episode. But Naruto's writing exam is one of my favorite parts.

RomanMack

Gotta say One Piece....

The curiousity of how 4Kids will handle the Alabasta arc (good or bad) is getting the best of me.

My second on the list will be Naruto, then Zatch for third.

JMorgan

bigddan11 said:
1) JLU Season 3
2) Naruto
3) One Piece
4) Zatch Bell
5) Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo
6) Duel Masters 2.0
7) Dragonball Z
8) Wulin Warriors: Legend of the 7 Stars

Same, but switch Naruto and JLU and switch Zatch with Bobo.

I'm a big OP fan, but I don't really care about the Alabasta arc, good or bad, until closer to the end. Not a whole lot happens that I can remember that they'd possibly mess up on, though I would like to hear Ace and Crocodile's voice and see how they handle the whole "civil war" thing.

James Bester

Screaming for Vengeance
Toonami was awesome last week, and this week looks like it'll be even better. Too bad Wulin Warriors has to interrupt the action:shrug:

1. Naruto
2. JLU
3. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
4. Zatch Bell
5. Duel Masters 2.0
6. Dragonball Z
7. One Piece
8. Wulin Warriors

jlaking

Brainiac is someplace
With the amount of time between episodes being shown, let alone new ones, it has it be JLU.

Rurouni Kenshin

Kenshin will be back!
Its a tough choice. Duel Masters hase been pretty good so far, but its quite as good as it could be. DBZ this week is kinda of filler since its just Goku chasing a monkey, fun episode but I've already seen it many times. I really can't stand Wullin at all so I will probably skip it. Zatch Bell this week I'm really looking forward too actually, with part two of a big battle that looks like it may have quite a interesting ending. Naruto, while I love the show, I'm always really bored by pre-tournament episodes in anime. This looks like one of those episodes that will tease you the entire time that the tournament is going to start, and then end right before it happens. OP, looking forward to it since its a premire, I'm curious about this Alabaster arc coming up, despite the predicted edits. I don't really like Bo-Bo-Bo, I find it too random to be actually funny. JLU, I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit, although the whole evil villians banding together plot has been done about a dozen times before. My rankings would probably be,

1. Zatch Bell
2. JLU
3. Naruto
4. OP
5. DM
6. DBZ
7. Bo-Bo-Bo
8. Wullin.

I'm still a little torn about 4-5 since I like them both almost equally but I thnk I'm looking forward to OP a little more than DM.

Cagalli

Where is Athrun?
I accidently voted for Naruto, completely forgetting that JLU returns after a very long hiatus. Man, I missed JLU terribly. I'm not sure how I would have coped without my Starcrossed DVD. I'm really getting involved in this new Naruto story arc, but I've been following JL and JLU from day one.

In retrospect, I would have voted for JLU. It's all good. Believe it! :D

Temple Fugate

1. Justice League Unlimited (Hecks yeah.)
2. Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo
3. Wulin Warriors (I missed last week. Must see how bad this show is.)
4. Duel Masters (Just started getting into this show, and am letting it grow on me.)

Not even watching:
Naruto (seen it)
Zatch Bell (don't care)
One Piece (don't care)
Dragonball Z (seen it AND don't care)

NickWhiz1

Argh, torn between four of them...

1. JLU - Watch, as another good animated DC series is inexplicably cancelled to make room for such fine programming as....nah, I'm not going to go there. This thing is set for one hell of an ending to this arc and the series in general...although Epilogue is the true ending ;)

2. Naruto - The other Konoha rookies finally get some screentime!

3. Zatch Bell - Looks like it's going to be one intense fight, and the preview definitely have some WTF?!ness in it.

4. Bo^7 - This is almost guaranteed to be up near the top, because it's like an acid trip while on crack, and that's just the first two minutes!

5. Duel Masters - 2.0 should be interesting.

6. DBZ - I probably won't be watching this, as I've seen this episode about a zillion times.

7. One Piece - I haven't really been following OP, so this is my food/bathroom break time before Toonami's last hour.

9999999999999999999999^99999999999999. Wulin Warriors - Sometimes parodies are funny, sometimes parodies are mediocre, and every once in a while, there are parodies that make you lose faith in all humanity. I can honestly tell you that Wulin Warriors is neither of the first two.

Aquadementia

That's a lot of Mulaney!
Staff member
The Symphony is back, but it's a forgone conclusion.
The wait for JLU is almost over, so it gets my vote.

Sadly, this is as close as we're going to get to a match-up between Lex Luthor and Bobobo-bo Bo-Bobo.:sad:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts